What's new

Tejas and Thunder to be at " Striking Distance " at Bahrain Air show !

Imagine the jibes pilots taking at each other when giving briefing to charged up Pakistan and Indian audience who will visit their respective country aircraft. :D
Was exactly thinking so. But realistically, both sides are composed of disciplined men, so unlikely that any thing serious will happen. I have met some Pakistani teenagers while travelling in Nepal, we are not that hostile on a third nations soil I think lol

Imagine the jibes pilots taking at each other when giving briefing to charged up Pakistan and Indian audience who will visit their respective country aircraft. :D

Haha. I too have been thinking of it for quite some time. Imagine the pilots checking out each other's aircraft. Do you think each other's pilot could share the cockpit of each other's aircraft? Is that allowed?

Haha. I too have been thinking of it for quite some time. Imagine the pilots checking out each other's aircraft. Do you think each other's pilot could share the cockpit of each other's aircraft? Is that allowed?

I think PAF allowed an Indian minister to sit in JF-17 cockpit. In one of airshow.

Tejas are not being transported by Globemaster, rather both of them are flying , they will stop for refueling at Muscat.

Meanwhile we will have a team of around 100 Indians in Bahrain for various activities.

Can anyone put a source which says we will also be displaying our DRDO AEWCs? Static or flying ?

Can you share the source please?

WAFF | World's Armed Forces Forum: Indian minister vist PAF Jf-17 in airshow

Not a very reliable source but incident did happen. Indian minister of state for defence visited JF-17 display stand at Farnborough in 2010 (I think). He looked around the JF-17 and asked questions from surprised and somewhat amused PAF pilots.

There are other incident where IAF pilots went to see JF-17 and PAF gladly showed them around. When you are displaying an aircraft then anyone can come and see. That's why the aircraft is there in the first place. PAF has been very open in this regard.

I am sure paf and iaf folks will share chai samosa , sit and watch fanboy spectators fight it out at static display. There will be cheeing and shouting..

Its gonna be a block buster air show if they can convince both india and pakistan for a mock ariel combat between LCA & JF-17
That's not going to happen.

India Will also Fly four modified HAL Dhruv helicopters, also known as ALH (Advanced Light Helicopter). The name Sarang (Peacock in Sanskrit) is symbolic as it is the national bird of India.
Going to be awesome to see the Sarang display team on foreign soil once again

Bahrain International Airshow Trade 2016 - Trade Visitors

India is taking its DHRUV, Tejas and AEW&C aircrafts
Awesome, I was wondering why they don't take the DRDO CABS AWACS also.

Sarang display team (with the HAL ALHs), 2x LCAs, IAF C-17 and CABS AWACS- there is going to be a huge Indian presence at this airshow!

And will our Globemaster too be there?
The C-17 is likely how the ALHs of the Sarang team are getting to Sakir.

That's not going to happen.

Going to be awesome to see the Sarang display team on foreign soil once again

Sarang display team (with the HAL ALHs), 2x LCAs, IAF C-17 and CABS AWACS- there is going to be a huge Indian presence at this airshow!

One tweet from Tarmak007 said there will be around 150 Indians there. From HAL, DRDO and Indian Airforce.

Globemaster is not indian product- why its participating?- are you looking for buyers?- or Tejas came in that?-
It is an IAF asset and considering the amount of equipment and staff the IAF and HAL/DRDO need to get to the airshow the C-17 will be present.

WAFF | World's Armed Forces Forum: Indian minister vist PAF Jf-17 in airshow

Not a very reliable source but incident did happen. Indian minister of state for defence visited JF-17 display stand at Farnborough in 2010 (I think). He looked around the JF-17 and asked questions from surprised and somewhat amused PAF pilots.

There are other incident where IAF pilots went to see JF-17 and PAF gladly showed them around. When you are displaying an aircraft then anyone can come and see. That's why the aircraft is there in the first place. PAF has been very open in this regard.

I agree .... it is surprising the friendliness between our service members outside ...gives hope

I agree .... it is surprising the friendliness between our service members outside ...gives hope

True. Professionals have a kind of respect for each other unlike fanboys. I'm just recalling from memory, one of IAF Chief was also given a visit on JF -17. He remarked on his return to India "they have developed a pretty decent aircraft".

Not just that Bro!! India has bagged the largest pavilion space in the show with two additional smaller pavilions.. India is taking abroad a wide range of in house models and real life exhibits.

Back
Top Bottom