What's new

Teenage superstar Eileen Gu stuns America with defection to China

I have German DNA, and still carry the same German last name from when my ancestors immigrated from Germany.

No one in Germany today would actually consider me German :lol:
Eileen Gu speaks fluent Chinese with a thick Beijing accent. That’s why she’s not just a regular Chinese American. If you spoke fluent German with a Berlin accent, you’d be seen differently.

Although I will say she probably looks more white than Chinese but she clearly looks mixed.

Well then why aren't all those illegal FUJian rural residents going back?

Technically they have not given up their citizenship so they should be able to back with no problem.
When they became US citizens, they automatically lose Chinese citizenship, people go where money and opportunities lie, it's common sense, in the past China was very poor without many opportunities, many people went overseas for better life, but now things changed, we'll see more and more foreign talents being attracted to come to China to work, but the chances for foreigners to become Chinese citizens are next to zero, China is not an immigration country and has strict laws to restrict that.

When they became US citizens, they automatically lose Chinese citizenship,

When those illegal I said. As in not having citizenship.

it's common sense, in the past China was very poor without many opportunities, many people went overseas for better life, but now things changed, we'll see more and more foreign talents being attracted to come to China to work, but the chances for foreigners to become Chinese citizens are next to zero, China is not an immigration country and has strict laws to restrict that.
The narrative you are trying to sell is not matching the facts.
What about this picture are you not comprehending?

Chinese Immigrant Population in the United States, 1980-2018
Chinese-SPT-Fig1_updated.png

It seems things have accelerated since China became richer.

It is quite obvious when walking through the streets of the US that the Chinese population here has exploded in the last 10 to 20 years. People are fleeing China in droves.

In the year 2015 China actually passed Mexico in the number of immigrants.

Last edited:
When those illegal I said. As in not having citizenship.

The narrative you are trying to sell is not matching the facts.
What about this picture are you not comprehending?

Chinese Immigrant Population in the United States, 1980-2018
Chinese-SPT-Fig1_updated.png

It seems things have accelerated since China became richer.

It is quite obvious when walking through the streets of the US that the Chinese population here has exploded in the last 10 to 20 years. People are fleeing China in droves.
Statistics show now over 80% Chinese students studying overseas come back to China comparing 10% merely 2 decades ago, there might be some lag in other field, but the trend is very strong and obvious, people go for where money and opportunities present, do you agree with this common sense?

Statistics show now over 80% Chinese students studying overseas come back to China comparing 10% merely 2 decades ago, there might be some lapse in other field, but the trend is very strong and obvious, people go for where money and opportunities present, do you agree with this common sense?

That's the absolute stupidest statistic to quote as it assumes a fixed number of students every year and no quota.

There are 320,000+ Chinese students in the US and it increases every year (ignoring the pandemic year as an aberration). Do you really think there were 320,000 Chinese students in the US back in the year 2000? I'm guessing 60,000. Remember we don't have open borders. Not all students can stay. There is a quota cutoff of as to how many can stay.

60,000 * 90% = 54,000
320,000 * 20% = 64,000...an INCREASE!!

You quoting that statistic is yet another smokescreen.
The situation is NOT getting better.

Last edited:
That's the absolute stupidest statistic to quote as it assumes a fixed number of students every year and no quota.

There are 320,000+ Chinese students in the US and it increases every year (ignoring the pandemic year as an aberration). Do you really think there were 320,000 Chinese students in the US back in the year 2000? I'm guessing 60,000. Remember we don't have open borders. Not all students can stay. There is a quota cutoff of how many can stay.

60,000 * 90% = 54,000

people go for where money and opportunities present, do you agree with this common sense?

people go for where money and opportunities present, do you agree with this common sense?

No, not necessarily. If Dubai was paying twice my salary I still wouldn't go there. I'm perfectly happy living here.

For other people sure. Changing citizenship...isn't that taking it a bit far. If people are changing citizenship then something is definitely wrong. 600,000 Chinese just in the last 20 years.

No, not necessarily. If Dubai was paying twice my salary I still wouldn't go there. I'm perfectly happy living here.
You don't speak for others, the majority of the humanity follows this common sense, besides,Dubai does attract many foreigners, doesn't it?

So Barack Obama's half-brother is far more worthy than the millions of Chinese diaspora?

Got to love China for putting up roadblocks for ethnic Chinese and how this Obama thing must be perceived by the diaspora.
Of cos he is more worthy, becos he is loyal to PRC and married a Chinese wife. He is a businessman with brilliant mind. He didnt sell his soul for fame despite having a US president brother by bad mouth China. He could have got billion dollars for doing such thing but he didnt. Instead he speaks the truth about ugly USA. In that way, he deserve a Chinese green card.

You don't speak for others, the majority of the humanity follows this common sense, besides,Dubai does attract many foreigners, doesn't it?

Sure but they aren't renouncing their citizenship and they seem to be doing fine without doing that.

hate crimes on the rise against Chinese because of COVID
Including attacking any East asian without discriminately? You mean American born Chinese in USA deserve to be beat up? Or attacking any east asian people is justify?

There are 320,000+ Chinese students in the US and it increases every year (ignoring the pandemic year as an aberration). Do you really think there were 320,000 Chinese students in the US back in the year 2000? I'm guessing 60,000. Remember we don't have open borders. Not all students can stay. There is a quota cutoff of as to how many can stay.

60,000 * 90% = 54,000

The situation is NOT getting better.
And u got the cheek to use student statistics? Do all the Chinese student came to US to study stay back or yield for a greencard? Maybe you want to claim Xi's daughter also want to be an American by study in Harvard? So who is the stupid? :lol:

And u got the cheek to use student statistics? Do all the Chinese student came to US to study stay back or yield for a greencard? Maybe you want to claim Xi's daughter also want to be an American by study in Harvard? So who is the stupid? :lol:

LOL! I'm not pulling the Chinese student stat out..Beijingwalker is to somehow make some weak point. I'm the one who thinks it's terrible that anybody would turn their back on their country to stay.

LOL! I'm not pulling the Chinese student stat out..Beijingwalker is to somehow make some weak point.
All I see is, you are the one pointing out Chinese student statistic as the argument about more Chinese wanting to migrate to USA. That is total flaw.

All I see is, you are the one pointing out Chinese student statistic as the argument about more Chinese wanting to migrate to USA. That is total flaw.

Not at all. I'm just showing his drastic 10% vs 90% isn't showing the same drastic improvement in the numbers. If anything the number staying is going the other way.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom