What's new

Team USA

That's Archangel Gabriel..........

Btw, my personal choice of "most awesome woman from 80's" is:

Heather Locklear

42e70f5daba822d6da8edc425b281115.jpg

heather-locklear-240x350.jpg

Heather%20%281%29.jpg

Dominion looks great. Is that an angel on the review page?

Oh and Heather Thomas still looks great for her age. Yes she was perfect, that all American girl next door look. Beats the crap out of the girls now a days.

Did you watch the "Fall Guy" in the 80's?

That's Archangel Gabriel..........

Btw, my personal choice of "most awesome woman from 80's" is:

Heather Locklear

42e70f5daba822d6da8edc425b281115.jpg

heather-locklear-240x350.jpg

Heather%20%281%29.jpg

Yes Heather was and still is fine. Man I loved her in TJ Hooker, such a cute thing in uniform.

Here a double whammy US TV show (no, not a daytime soap opera).
A crazy supernatural plot (more wacky than LOST) and some pretty women.

Twin Peaks - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone cruelly murdered this pretty young girl name Laura Palmer whom everybody loved played by:
Sheryl Lee - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.jpg

Laura's haunting theme song:

Don't let yourself be hurt this time.

Then I saw your face
Then I saw your smile

The sky is still blue
The clouds come and go
Yet something is different
Are we falling in love?

Then your kiss so soft
Then your touch so warm

The stars still shine bright
The mountains still high
Yet something is different
Are we falling in love?

Falling
Falling
Are we falling in love?

A classic WTF did I just watch moment in US television history.
The subtitles were not in the original airing which made things even more messed up.
Everybody spent all this time trying to decrypt it and lots of WTF was that all about?

The other pretty women:

Mädchen Amick - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
FF51713_Madchen_Amick_36.jpg

Lara Flynn Boyle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
lara_flynn_boyle.jpg

Sherilyn Fenn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
03e590d47ac79dae66949fc6b25f496f.jpg

Last edited:
ok back to the thread topic....

A map of water quality around the world....
world-safe-drinking-water-map.jpg

The US is doing pretty good....but years ago that wasn't the case...we had to do lots of fixing to get things to where they are today.

Water quality information - Standard U.S. Water Treatment Techniques in the 1960's | APEC Water

"By the late 1960s it became apparent that the aesthetic problems, pathogens, and chemicals identified by the Public Health Service were not the only drinking water quality concerns. Industrial and agricultural advances and the creation of new man-made chemicals also had negative impacts on the environment and public health. Many of these new chemicals were finding their way into water supplies through factory discharges, street and farm field runoff, and leaking underground storage and disposal tanks. Although treatment techniques such as aeration, flocculation, and granular activated carbon adsorption (for removal of organic contaminants) existed at the time, they were either underutilized by water systems or ineffective at removing some new contaminants. Health concerns spurred the federal government to conduct several studies on the nation's drinking water supply.
One of the most telling was a water system survey conducted by the Public Health Service in 1969 which showed that only 60 percent of the systems surveyed delivered water that met all the Public Health Service standards. Over half of the treatment facilities surveyed had major deficiencies involving disinfection, clarification, or pressure in the distribution system (the pipes that carry Many water treatment plants filter their water. Water from the treatment plant to buildings), or combinations of these deficiencies. Small systems, especially those with fewer than 500 customers, had the most deficiencies.

A study in 1972 found 36 chemicals in treated water taken from treatment plants that drew water from the Mississippi River in Louisiana. As a result of these and other studies, new legislative proposals for a federal safe drinking water law were introduced and debated in Congress in 1973."

Last edited:
The Bald Eagle - our National Symbol.

In 1972 the Bald Eagle was put on the Endangered Species list. It was estimated there were over 500,000 Bald Eagles when the nation was founded. By 1972 there were less than 400 pairs left due to hunting, loss of habitat, and environmental pollution poisoning (including egg shells become too fragile/thin due to DDT pesticide exposure) 35 years later in 2007 it was taken off the list after the number had recovered to 10,000.

image.jpg

Last edited:
So you did the tandem! Awesome!

Yes . And this is the only time in my life i felt actually "free" . I will do my A license in diving as soon as i have enough funds .

I had a few preconceptions about 'muricans before i met them and oh boy how they were shattered .

Back
Top Bottom