What's new

Team USA

Well don't leave us hanging...spit it out. That's what this whole thread is about.

Well i was there for 3 weeks visited a half dozen cities spoke to too many people and never once faced racism of any sort . Infact i was more comfortable with americans then immigrants there . Everybody smiling and greeting . Drank beers with 'nam veterans while they told me stories . They were there to visit virginia ( arligton , jefferson farm etc) in a bus and they were all cool . Infact i was able to bond more with them . such spectacular stories of bravery , of loss of pain and of patriotism .

There are so many anecdotes i can't post in a single post .

Well i was there for 3 weeks visited a half dozen cities spoke to too many people and never once faced racism of any sort .

Unfortunately your opinion is probably based on British colonial rule. Remember we were a colony and they treated us as 2nd class citizens too.

An American tradition: Finding the nearest Traveling carnival - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and having some fun with friends, family, or girlfriend. Unlike fixed amusement parks these traveling carnivals have portable rides that they can set up overnight in some field or parking lot. This allows them to "try out" new rides better.

While they are open during the day most go at night for the light show.

carnival_night.jpg

Win a stuffed animal
8728001652_ea112668f9_z.jpg

Kids on the Tilt-A-Whirl - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia This ride has been around for a LONG time.
four-boys-on-tilt-o-whirl-amusement-park-carnival-ride.jpg

hey...stop that. :-)
teen-couple-at-the-amusement-park-pc440605.jpg

Last edited:
NASA and their crazy ideas that actually work: The 2012 rover landing on Mars of Curiosity (rover) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

blog-how-do-i-land3.jpg

Supersonic parachute (opens at > 1600kph) carrying the skycrane and rover.
th

SkyCrane maneuvering and gently lowering it down on wires (what can you say other than "what the...this is nuts!!")
hqdefault.jpg

Wow it's a pretty big rover
CuriosityRover.jpg

Last edited:
NASA and their crazy ideas that actually work: The 2012 rover landing on Mars of Curiosity (rover) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

blog-how-do-i-land3.jpg

Supersonic parachute (opens at > 1600kph) carrying the skycrane and rover.
th

SkyCrane maneuvering and gently lowering it down on wires (what can you say other than "what the...this is nuts!!")
hqdefault.jpg

Wow it's a pretty big rover
CuriosityRover.jpg

I watched the Curiosity landing live, and it's something I will never forget. The joy and happiness on the faces of the JPL team members after years of hard work and a flawless landing was magical to watch. I haven't even mentioned the masterful engineering that took place. I guess you could say it was my moon landing moment.

The Rise of Environmentalism: 1992 Energy Star

th

It is surprising how much energy a typical home can use in a day. All the lights and air conditioning are obvious to a home owner and turning on a vacuum or a microwave is obvious too....but some are not as obvious. For instance that quiet refrigerator in the corner of the kitchen is usually the second most user of electricity in your home (after the air conditioner).
So you diligently shut off your lights when not in use but have no control over the refrigerator.

In the early 1990's in a bid to lower the energy use in a typical home a push was made to make appliances more energy efficient. The "Energy Star" label was created. These appliances are noted for using less energy. They have become common now.

th

th

Back
Top Bottom