What's new

Team confined to stadium as Indian hotels turn cold

Mate do not jump to the conclusion by seeing the report, If the facilities were not good then Pakistani womens cricket team would have said it to the media and GOP should have condemned it.

They are treated well there.

its no longer the question of who is treated in what way, nor the question of how good the make shift arrangement is, its more about where are we going exactly with this stupidity,and its not the stupidity of the lunatics I'm concerned of, but the stupidity of Govt.

The report says right wing goons protested and warned the posh hotel owners not to provide accommodation, that do not mean that Baramati club house is not a posh location and also offers good accommodation and service .

Its not about the facilities its about the terrorism by Hindu extremist groups to whom Indian Govt bowed down.

Security was the reason Pakistan's women team was shifted to Cuttack, which has very good facilities close to stadium.

Indian Govt. won't behave this irresponsibly which will degrade India on world stage. And also against our culture.

It was some what amusing when members here jump to the conclusion even after the Pakistani women cricket team has expressed their satisfaction.

You are again confusing my position, it wasn't directed at the decision to house the Pakistanis at the stadium itself, though even that should & could have been handled better. It was directed at those who caused this action to be taken.

They are not on bilateral tour where there is no other prarty. Its International event and if we don't allow them to play we may face action.

I don't ask you to agree with me or not.

But at the same time you have protest and few nut jobs who may make things worse than it is right now. This means practical solutions.

Of course govt. could have done better and Indian media will blast govt. too.

But I don't agree with generalizing of entire country.

The protest and denial of Pakistani singers, actors and hockey players on our two nation basis can be taken as appropriate response of emotional people.

Remember the death of Indian soldiers while you discuss about it.

I didn't mean to generalise & certainly don't agree that this reflects consensus. However while the actions remain that of a few people, we do tend to look askance at what is a serious flaw in how we treat people who are here legally & authorised to be here by the GoI through a valid visa.

As for your talk about Indian soldiers, I ignored it in my earlier post because I found it distasteful that anyone would use the deaths of Indian soldiers so casually in making up a ridiculous defence of what is clearly unacceptable behaviour. I request you not to drag it here. In any case, I do not believe that the Indian army has outsourced its desire for retribution on the PA to be directed at some harmless individuals having no real connection with the PA(except to be a citizen of that country) by people who themselves have no sense of honour. Do you believe that the Indian army/soldiers wants revenge to be extracted from the Pakistani women's cricket team?

The pakistan team deserve what they get........you all know fully what the reaction will be in india so why even bother going?

An international sports event and why we should behave in a silly manner the way some stupids are behaving.

Its not about the facilities its about the terrorism by Hindu extremist groups to whom Indian Govt bowed down.
lol hindu extremists .so any reason why are they only protesting against pakistan cricket team not against other cricket team ??

W
But when you behead our soldiers and blatantly lie about it, do you think people won't protest ?

Well if it was true then the people should protest but it turns out you indians dont want an independent investigation....i wonder why?
By now it must have sunk in that everytime there is some positive movement forward between pak-ind there always seems to be some sort of incident that derails everything.
Its either a complete coincidence or its planned.

If we are so bad then why pakistani artists and players are coming here in so much large numbers. Stop coming here and insults will stop automatically. Fair enough.

lol hindu extremists .so any reason why are they only protesting against pakistan cricket team not against other cricket team ??

Their born hate for Pakistan simple as that.

Above all they are anti-Congress and putting pressure on Sonia Gandhi's govt . The litmus test will be when Saffron Hindu extremist parties will come to power in next elections and then cut off all ties with Pakistan.

Its an international sports event and the hate and extremism shown by Indian Hindu militants proves that Indian Society is made hostage by these goons

Well when Indian govt. surrenders at Kandhar, failed to take out Hafeez Saeed, their Internal Minister meddles in our affairs just today. They call our army liars. I have every right to condemn Pakistan.

I condemn this act strongly. But I see govt. did its best according to emotions of Indian people and according to Atithi Devo Bhav.

No need to be generalizing.

Pakistan women happy with facilities at Cuttack: Manager
By Agence France-Presse
On January 29, 2013, 2:40 pm
Pakistan team manager Ayesha Ashar said, on Tuesday, the entire squad was happy with the arrangements made at the Barabati stadium where the Pakistan's women cricketers are staying.

The entire squad is living in the clubhouse of the Barabati stadium at Cuttack, where Pakistan are due to play their matches in the eight-nation tournament starting on Thursday.

"The arrangements are more like we get in Pakistan," Ashar was quoted as saying by the Press Trust of India news agency. "We are happy with the facilities provided to us by the organisers."

"I can confirm the team is staying at the Barabati stadium," an ICC spokeswoman told AFP from Cuttack.

"The ICC considered all options and the best security for the teams, and we have chosen to use the Barabati stadium clubhouse."

Cuttack was added as a last-minute venue after the right-wing nationalist Shiv Sena party threatened to disrupt Pakistan's matches in Mumbai, where the entire tournament was originally scheduled to be played.

Matches in group B -- featuring Pakistan, Australia, New Zealand and South Africa -- were shunted to Cuttack, where Pakistan will remain if they qualify for the second round.

But the Pakistani team will still have to travel to Mumbai if they make the final at the Brabourne stadium on February 17.

Pakistan open their campaign against Australia at the Barabati stadium on Friday.
Pakistan women happy with facilities at Cuttack: Manager - Cricket News & Articles | CricketCountry.com

Yes I admit the Hindu radicals who was protesting this event should not be allowed to disrupt the event.

:) Thats the main point not the facilities. You accomodate them at any good place if not hotels thats not an issue the issue is that many people have been made scapgoats by the saffron militants

We did the best we can do according to situation. We gave them best facilities we can arrange, to reduce security risk, and deployed 600 people for their safety.

If Pakistanis are not happy with it ad consider it as disrespect, they can call back their team. We did our Best. Period.

:) Thats the main point not the facilities. You accomodate them at any good place if not hotels thats not an issue the issue is that many people have been made scapgoats by the saffron militants
Then why are you sending your players to become victims of Saffron Militants.

We don't send ours because of Islamic militants.

Pakistani propaganda. Shame on these newspaper who will use every opportunity to put bad light on India.

If that was the case then Pakistani team would have shown the self-respect and left the country. But that was not the case and they are happy with the arrangements made.

Back
Top Bottom