Last edited by a moderator:
If you buy this junk

2010_Tata_Nano_Award.jpg

You will end up killing yourself

Last edited:
Car fire raises safety concerns for Tata Motors

By Erika Kinetz, The Associated Press

Updated: 03/26/2010 04:42:30 AM PDT

A brand new silver Tata Nano, heralded as the world's cheapest car, stands in flames on the suburbs of Mumbai, India, Sunday, March 21, 2010. The car belonging to Satish Sawant, a software engineer, burst into flames as he was proudly driving it home from the showroom, draped with a celebratory garland of marigolds. Sawant managed to get his wife and five-year-old son out of the back seat before the smoke billowing from the rear engine turned into flames that engulfed the tiny car. ( AP Photo)

MUMBAI, India — When it was launched less than a year ago, the $2,500 Tata Nano was promoted as a safe, ultra-cheap car for poor Indians, an alternative to the motorbikes that zoom precariously around the country.

New questions about the safety of the pint-sized auto are being raised, however, after one of them burst into flames Sunday as it was being driven home from the showroom.

Software engineer Satish Sawant, his wife and 5-year-old son escaped from the silver Tata Nano — which still bore a celebratory garland of marigolds on the front hood — before the tiny car was engulfed by fire.

A chauffeur initially was at the wheel, but Sawant said he had taken over driving before the fire broke out. Tata has offered Sawant a replacement Nano or a refund.

"My wife now doesn't want to buy any car," Sawant said by phone from his home in northern Mumbai on Thursday. "She doesn't even want to go for a Mercedes."

His ordeal showed just the latest problem with the low-cost Nano as Tata Motors sets its sights on global expansion and aims to ramp up production of the car with a new factory next month.

Tata Motors spokesman Debasis Ray said the company is investigating the cause of the fire. Although Ray said the automaker believed it was "a one-off, stray incident," he also said he did not know how the blaze began.

"It did catch fire. We're trying to figure out what may have caused it," Ray said.

Last fall, three customers in India complained that their Nanos started smoking, but Ray said Thursday the incidents are not related to this week's fire.

Tata Motors attributed those to a faulty electrical switch and said it had changed suppliers and done additional tests to rule out a recall or redesign.

The switch problem, he said, "has been comprehensively addressed."

"Safety has never been an issue with Tata cars," Ray added. "They are one of the safest cars on Indian roads."

The Nano has gotten rave reviews and awards, but some say the smoke and fire problems are symptomatic of pervasive quality control issues at India's No. 3 carmaker.

The Nano was meant to bring automobile ownership to the impoverished masses — first in India but eventually around the world — by offering a safe car to people who couldn't otherwise afford one. Ratan Tata, who heads the Tata Group empire, has said he conceived of the idea for a "people's car" after seeing entire families crammed precariously on motorbikes. He decided they deserved a safer, all-weather transport option.

The four-seater can travel up to 65 mph and gets 55.5 miles to the gallon. The Nano does not have air bags or antilock brakes — neither of which is required in India — and air conditioning and power windows are extra.

It has as few moving parts as possible. There's only one windshield wiper, one side mirror and the headrests aren't adjustable. The dinner-plate-sized wheels have three bolts rather than four. The tiny trunk doesn't open; you access it from the inside, behind the rear seats. There are four gears, plus reverse.

The dashboard of the base model has only a speedometer, an odometer and a fuel gauge.

Tata Motors, which also owns Jaguar and Land Rover, plans to start selling versions of the Nano in Europe in 2011, and later in the U.S.

"As of today, is Tata good enough to take on the world? I would say no," said Deepesh Rathore, an auto analyst at IHS Global Insight in New Delhi. "On quality standards, Tata barely makes the cut."

There are fewer than 30,000 Nanos on the road today, which means that on a percentage basis, the problem rate is fairly high, he said.

"The Nano is a wonderful product, but these incidents really tarnish the image of the car as well as the company," Rathore said. "This is the time for Tata to have a deep look at quality."

He said the company recently made a step in the right direction, hiring Carl-Peter Forster, former head of General Motors in Europe, as group chief executive.

"They've got a guy running the show now who knows how the industry should work," he said. "How soon will the effects be seen across the Tata product range? Well, that will take time."

Car fire raises safety concerns for Tata Motors - LA Daily News
Well I can tell you about the hundreds of thousands of cars that even TOYOTA had to recall, not to mention other players. What are you trying to prove??

If yoy buy this

2010_Tata_Nano_Award.jpg

You will end up like this

Dont worry its now even marketed in europe nowadays.

We even travel in Boeings even though they have met with accidents and fire..

You guys just enjoy this..

be safe..

img_5806.jpg

Tata Motors Follows Mahindra To The US

With the introduction of the Nano, Tata Motors will become the second Indian automaker to sell its cars in the US, following on the heels of Mahindra & Mahindra whose own pickup trucks will be distributed by Global Vehicles USA, Inc. (GV) beginning later this year. GV has already established a network of US dealerships for the Mahindra trucks which are expected to be joined by other models in coming years. Likely, Tata Motors would come up with a similar arrangement for selling the Nano, hooking up with a US partner to handle marketing, sales, distribution and maintenance.
The four seat Nano only recently went into production following delays which forced the automaker to shift production from one Indian state to another one. Tata designed the Nano to appeal to the Indian family who normally piles onto one motorcycle to get them where they are going. The Nano retails for about the same price as these bikes, opening up car ownership to untold millions of consumers.

Since safety requirements and quality requirements are higher in BD than in EUROPE and USA , i don't think NANO will be welcomed there. :pop::pop:

Me too... its my favorite too... parotta .. beef chilly ..yummy!!!..:D

Benny try Beef Dragon..There is hotel in Uloor,(Indraprastha i think.. its been long since i went there)they make super beef Dragon :)

Benny try Beef Dragon..There is hotel in Uloor,(Indraprastha i think.. its been long since i went there)they make super beef Dragon :)
The only parts of the thread that actually makes sense and if some use. The rest is all c**p.

Benny try Beef Dragon..There is hotel in Uloor,(Indraprastha i think..Th its been long since i went there)they make super beef Dragon :)

Dont make fun guys, Iam in andamans, I miss My kerala and Beef , Here Iam for atleast one month Eating Tuna and Non other than that... Dont make My mouth watery, Do You know I cannot Live without Beef and sambar???... I have work for another 10 days here... please,Dont make me Come there By reminding me of these Yummy dishes...:angry:

Dont make fun guys, Iam in andamans, I miss My kerala and Beef , Here Iam for atleast one month Eating Tuna and Non other than that... Dont make My mouth watery, Do You know I cannot Live without Beef and sambar???... I have work for another 10 days here... please,Dont make me Come there By reminding me of these Yummy dishes...:angry:
Hey I was thinking of converting this into a 'how and where to get good Kerela beef thread'. That way it would be of some use to us. I mean the rest of the 9 pages of BS has taught me ZERO. So here's my two cents:
Most ppl don't know that there's a place called Sneha Cafe in Matunga in Mumbai which serves beef, ADA, Kappa....

Lamborghini LP-560-4 catches fire in Indian airportBy Sebastian Bivin on 12.12.2009

Tense moments prevailed at the cargo complex, in the Chennai International Airport in India, on the 23rd of November, when a Lamborghini LP-560-4, waiting for loading on to an Emirates airlines cargo plane, caught fire.

Sources said the car was on a trolley when the mishap occurred around 6.30am IST.The engine was gutted.

Airport officials said the car (EX 431 GK), which was brought from Milan, Italy, for a a special trackday event at the Madras Motor Sports Club’s track at Chennai last month. Five such cars had been brought for the show.

While the Airports Authority of India and the airline claimed that a little smoke had emerged from the car and that it had not caught fire, the police said that the engine of the car had been completely destroyed in the fire.

Sources said that two Lamborghini cars had been brought to the airport on Sunday evening to be taken to Milan, via Dubai on an Emirates cargo flight.

One of the cars had half a tank of fuel. Staff at the air cargo complex allegedly kept the vehicle idling throughout the previous night, after instructions from the manufacturer, to burn the fuel as cars can be loaded on to an aircraft only with an empty fuel tank.

A senior AAI official said: “The smoke activated fire sprinklers inside the cargo complex. AAI had handed over the car to the airline for loading and it was in the air cargo complex when the accident happened.”

However, the reason for the fire is not known. “We will investigate the reason behind the accident because it could have turned into a major disaster if the smoke was not put out by the fire sprinkler system. Other consignments would also have caught fire,” he added.

An automobile expert said, “Lamborghini cars are supposed to be driven fast. The engine gets heated quickly and the cooling system works only when the car is moving at a high speed. Keeping the engine idling for a long time will heat it up. It is also possible that the car might have been manoeuvred at slow speeds inside the cargo area for loading.”

Lamborghini Trackday event in Chennai, India:

Park Rajhadhani is in Ulloor.

Indrapuri is in VZKD, TVM.

Tried hundred times. ask the waiters next time.:D

Now more into Schezwan Beef.

bsf3.jpg

Beef and sambhar >> is that a combination??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom