What's new

Tata Motors enters Bangladesh car market

What about those? They are not in Bangladesh, and pre-duty prices if they ever going to be.

Here's the real price after duties:
TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO TX L
PostedWed, Nov 21 @ 3:51pm
New/Used..........NEW
Year...................2011
Model..............TRJ150
Color................BLACK
CC....................2700

Price: Tk. 15,500,000
TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO TX L | Tk. 1,55,00,000

Now convert that into USD, and see what you get.

Bro I don't have any doubt on your value, I just asked curiously.. Thanks for quick reply...

This is very high price.. Ideal solution will be "Some Bangladeshi company collaborate with TATA and start a manufacturing Unit, later when that company is self reliance , that can have their own model".

One of the best Indian SUV (XUV 5OO) cost 13-14 Lakh INR = 26,000 USD.

An Indian new car does not last more than a year. You can find them dumped in various garages.

Instead of crying like a lady why don't you improve your roads no car will last long if you drive them on the shitty bangladeshi roads.

A brand new car does not pass FC if it's 15 years old, and second hand cars running for 20 years !!:woot:

Where do these second hand refurbished cars come from to Bangladesh?

from mars only bangladeshis have the money to buy and skills to drive them. :D

In the last budget muhith raised duty for recondition cars just so that nitol group can flood the bd market with garbage indian cars. These crap indian cars are not comfy, has less horsepower and not at all safe. These cars wont pass the us and eu safety standards. Japanese recondition cars will out last thewe junks atleast by 3 to 5 years and are much more comfy. This is another example of awami league indian dalali.

Even Nano has passed euro crash test :lol:

I guess BD get comfort only in 2nd hand cars.

Bro I don't have any doubt on your value, I just asked curiously.. Thanks for quick reply...

This is very high price.. Ideal solution will be "Some Bangladeshi company collaborate with TATA and start a manufacturing Unit, later when that company is self reliance , that can have their own model".

One of the best Indian SUV (XUV 5OO) cost 13-14 Lakh INR = 26,000 USD.

No problem.

And yes, the prices are stupidly high.

No doubt, Tata makes good looking SUVs. I feel a bit envious to see how low priced cars are in India :lol:

Mitsubishi is apparently setting up more production facilities in Bangladesh, but it is at best limited now to assembling. This is due to energy shortages and lack of technology and know-how.

Bangladesh has a relatively small car market, since very few Bangladeshis (statistically) actually own cars anyways. It's not feasible to establish a full-fledged car industry right now.

No problem.

And yes, the prices are stupidly high.

No doubt, Tata makes good looking SUVs. I feel a bit envious to see how low priced cars are in India :lol:

Mitsubishi is apparently setting up more production facilities in Bangladesh, but it is at best limited now to assembling. This is due to energy shortages and lack of technology and know-how.

Bangladesh has a relatively small car market, since very few Bangladeshis (statistically) actually own cars anyways. It's not feasible to establish a full-fledged car industry right now.

TATA can export from BD as well, India is setting up a power plant and port facilities. This move also help BD public as well.

A brand new car does not pass FC if it's 15 years old, and second hand cars running for 20 years !!:woot:

Where do these second hand refurbished cars come from to Bangladesh?

1.Driving "dubbas" decades after decades Indians aren't supposed to know about cars. Reconditioned is not second-hand. There is a thriving reconditioned vehicle industry in Japan. They are required to replace certain parts with new and obtain certification from a designated agency. Beside BD many nations import these. In our case anything from 1 yr old to 5 is permitted.

2. In fact we drive Japanese cars for well over 20 years. 1980 models are running fine. Japanese cars, particularly Toyota is like cash. You can stop on the road and sell it. It is so lucrative.

3. On the other-hand we have mountains of "chhakra" India cars that began breaking down even after a month.

1.Driving "dubbas" decades after decades Indians aren't supposed to know about cars. Reconditioned is not second-hand. There is a thriving reconditioned vehicle industry in Japan. They are required to replace certain parts with new and obtain certification from a designated agency. Beside BD many nations import these. In our case anything from 1 yr old to 5 is permitted.

2. In fact we drive Japanese cars for well over 20 years. 1980 models are running fine. Japanese cars, particularly Toyota is like cash. You can stop on the road and sell it. It is so lucrative.

3. On the other-hand we have mountains of "chhakra" India cars that began breaking down even after a month.

Your farting aside, what is a "chakra"?

Probably bcoz they cant afford anything else.

Maybe Pakistan should go to Bd's rescue with pakistani cars, oh wait, they dont have any in
sufficient nos.

Even Nano has passed euro crash test :lol:

I guess BD get comfort only in 2nd hand cars.

The european nano and the junk tata sells to indians are different. The european version costs more.

I dojt hate india or indians, its just indian cars are garbage, the shock absorbers and the suspensions will make a car jorney in an Indian car feel like you are riding on a tuktuk. In fact indian cars are glorified tuk tuks with foreign engines.

The european nano and the junk tata sells to indians are different. The european version costs more.

I dojt hate india or indians, its just indian cars are garbage, the shock absorbers and the suspensions will make a car jorney in an Indian car feel like you are riding on a tuktuk. In fact indian cars are glorified tuk tuks with foreign engines.

Lolz Italy's CNSAS doesn't think so -

Do you want me to believe you bangabandhu's driving norms are greater than Italy's?
If Indian car doesn't ride well then its either becoz you have a choppy driver, you drive bad, or
the roads are hellholes.

Im sure you haven't even heard of the mHawk engine that powers our XUV500 & Scorpio -

About the mHawk engine:

Powered by a 2179cc and 4 cylinder diesel engine, the mHawk engine produces 120 bhp and a flat torque of 290 Nm. Advanced Turbochargers feed concentrated gusts of wind into a Variable Geometry Turbine, a simple yet cunning device that partially closes to trap the air inside at high pressures. This generates tremendous torque even at low speeds.

Science & Technology: mHawk engine in Mahindra Scorpio

Who do you think designed and made this engine?:azn: I think Bd's should be content with a Nano or
otherwise a Maruti 800.

:lol: brain farts all the way through, vehicles above 15 year old is not allowed to ply on Indian roads - only in very few cases and if the vehicle passes through FC and inspection is it given a certificate to be used for a year after 15 years, plus vehicles have to pass through pollution clearance, I don't think you will be aware of such restrictions in Bangladesh. By the looks of it - decade old cr@p must be regularly seen on Bangladeshi roads by what u r saying.

Wonderful !

Reconditioned cars are not second hand !!

... and Indians are ' not supposed' to know of cars !!

What can I say..

Images of old, smashed up cars in Japan are put on the net,buyers select them, the costs of parts that need to be replaced are available and agents do the rest.

I saw this arrangement in The Maldives. I suppose things in BD must be close to this or agents import such cars in bulk and do the jiggery - pokery in BD.

Still not second hand ?

Are the Bangladeshis getting the Storme too?

My current drool machine.

tata-safari-storme-8904.jpg

oct03-2012-tata-safari-storme-front.jpg

BD is not exactly the worlds greatest car market, so it will be easy to get a big share. plus bdeshis will enthusiastically buy indian products because of the trust they have.

Indian cars just does not goes with status and taste of the BD consumers. Buying a Indian cars means like buying a bull cart in Bangladesh. Peoople cant think of Indian automobiles other than pulling stuffs here and there.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom