What's new

Tata Motors enters Bangladesh car market

I have been using the petrol version of the INDICA and its such a little peppy car...very reliable....i would rate this version on par with any japanese hatchback and its so quiet as well..Eveen the big SUVs from tata they dont need any kinda of engine work for more than 100,000 kms. sadly People bad mouthing TATA dont know what they are talking about.

Tata Indigo-Manza is one of best value for money car. It comes fully loaded in around 7,50,000 INR. FUlly loaded means, ABS, Dual airbags and all other stuffs...

Its best value for money

Tata Manza Sedan - New Manza Club Class Edition, LS Aqua | LX Aura | VX Aura ABS | EX Elan & EXL | Turbo Diesel & Multijet Engine

Tata Safari is most loved SUV (If BD brothers afford it, I will suggest you to buy it. only Mahindra XUV5OO matches its quality).

Indica Vista is also good car... Who own Jap and American car may not like it (brand value) but if you want value for money and low operating cost, go for TATA...

I can see after 5 years almost 50% cars will be indica/indigo in BD.. Simply because they are good car with the great fuel efficiency. new diesel model gives 25KMPH with much better power then almost any other petrol model, its just that in India it has become a taxi car, hence people usually refrain from buying but spend around 1 lakh extra get other models with same feature and less mileage, I guess in BD it won't have taxi image for some years. Indigo eCS/Vista models has been quite popular as well in India among general public.

Tata Indigo-Manza is one of best value for money car. It comes fully loaded in around 7,50,000 INR. FUlly loaded means, ABS, Dual airbags and all other stuffs...

These cars will be lot expensive in Bangladesh, due to import duty. It would do well if Tata ends up setting a plant in Bangladesh which will automatically bring the price down, making its cars competitively priced for consumers.

The three models mentioned in post No 1 are all sturdy less / no frills machines.

They are fuel efficient as well. I think they should do well. In India close to 65 % cabs are of Tata make. The cabbies chose cars that meet pretty testing parameters with regard to value for money.

These cars will be lot expensive in Bangladesh, due to import duty. It would do well if Tata ends up setting a plant in Bangladesh which will automatically bring the price down, making its cars competitively priced for consumers.

Imports at reduced tax rates will also help.

In the last budget muhith raised duty for recondition cars just so that nitol group can flood the bd market with garbage indian cars. These crap indian cars are not comfy, has less horsepower and not at all safe. These cars wont pass the us and eu safety standards. Japanese recondition cars will out last thewe junks atleast by 3 to 5 years and are much more comfy. This is another example of awami league indian dalali.

The pro-India lobby in BAL ( which includes this NITOL guy Matlub and IFAD guy Tipu who is disgraced Gen Moeen's brother), has arranged to enhance import duties on recondition vehicles, but have substantially lowered these for importing new vehicles. Thus Indian vehs being cheappy and poor quality, have a great advantage. A Japanese recon car runs trouble free for over 20 years. An Indian new car does not last more than a year. You can find them dumped in various garages.

In the last budget muhith raised duty for recondition cars just so that nitol group can flood the bd market with garbage indian cars. These crap indian cars are not comfy, has less horsepower and not at all safe. These cars wont pass the us and eu safety standards. Japanese recondition cars will out last thewe junks atleast by 3 to 5 years and are much more comfy. This is another example of awami league indian dalali.

Son these are not crap car, Just because u hate India you can't tell TATA car crap. These are class cars.. I will suggest you to visit the link I have posted in one of my post..post#47 ....

Tata Indica has passed EU standards and are use in Europe. Which world you are living into??? TATA manza uses same engine what Fiat Liniea uses. They are quite powerful for Bangladesh roads..

We need good marketing tactics and structure in Bd , in order to win over their hearts

^^This...

It's not just quality and price that matters.

After sales service also matter a lot. And Bangladeshi repair services must be familiar with the thing.

Part of the big reason why Japanese cars do well is because Bangladeshi mechanics are very familiar with their engines and actually know how to repair them. Spares are easily available. It's a trail and error learning process for those guys.

It'd be hard to beat them under such circumstances. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to train them.

And there's also the issue of high duties imposed by the Bangladesh Government. A Japanese SUV can go well over $100,000. And much of that is due to duties.

^^This...

It's not just quality and price that matters.

After sales service also matter a lot. And Bangladeshi repair services must be familiar with the thing.

Part of the big reason why Japanese cars do well is because Bangladeshi mechanics are very familiar with their engines and actually know how to repair them. Spares are easily available. It's a trail and error learning process for those guys.

It'd be hard to beat them under such circumstances. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money to train them.

And there's also the issue of high duties imposed by the Bangladesh Government. A Japanese SUV can go well over $100,000. And much of that is due to duties.

100,000$??? look at this site, it is quoting very less.. kindly clear if this price is correct????

http://www.sbtjapan.com/region/bangladesh/page3

Only a Bangladeshi would use a second hand car for 20 years. :lol:

A brand new car does not pass FC if it's 15 years old, and second hand cars running for 20 years !!:woot:

Where do these second hand refurbished cars come from to Bangladesh?

100,000$??? look at this site, it is quoting very less.. kindly clear if this price is correct????

http://www.sbtjapan.com/region/bangladesh/page3

What about those? They are not in Bangladesh, and pre-duty prices if they ever going to be.

Here's the real price after duties:
TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO TX L
PostedWed, Nov 21 @ 3:51pm
New/Used..........NEW
Year...................2011
Model..............TRJ150
Color................BLACK
CC....................2700

Price: Tk. 15,500,000
TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADO TX L | Tk. 1,55,00,000

Now convert that into USD, and see what you get.

Back
Top Bottom