What's new

Tata Motors enters Bangladesh car market

TATA is simply wasting its money, time and energy by launching its vehicles in BD. One of the members has mentioned that annual car sales in BD is just 20000. What will TATA earn by selling those 20000 cars? I think TATA should invest money where people hate to buy "SECOND HAND" car.

Buddy dont form a opinion of BD cos of pdf. The ground realities are completely different. People like India there and its product which explains huge market share of TATAs.
BD population is simply 16 crores and as lot of middle class emerges it will become a new market of car makers. its good that TATA have taken a lead in car market of BD.
People here are radicalist who simply hate india just cos, we are majority hindu and they are Muslims.
They talk fun here and then go back to home to see Indian serials and buy indian products.
They are the biggest hypocrite (I mean only some Online BD people here).
Ground reality in BD is very different

Buddy dont form a opinion of BD cos of pdf. The ground realities are completely different. People like India there and its product which explains huge market share of TATAs.

To be very honest...my perception about BD totally changed after joining PDF.

BD population is simply 16 crores and as lot of middle class emerges it will become a new market of car makers. its good that TATA have taken a lead in car market of BD.

But another factor is that BD is already overpopulated and even if we assume that total number of cars sold will be 5 times then it will come to just 100k units. I think TATA should export these cars from India only.

People here are radicalist who simply hate india just cos, we are majority hindu and they are Muslims.

Very true.

To be very honest...my perception about BD totally changed after joining PDF.

But another factor is that BD is already overpopulated and even if we assume that total number of cars sold will be 5 times then it will come to just 100k units. I think TATA should export these cars from India only.

Very true.

Even still out of 100k, 70pc, 70k vehicles is still a market bringing a lot of revenue. Imagine Ashok Leyland is also becoming a leader in bus segment in BD. its going to be a fierce competitive market for Indian Automobile makers. It still means money even if 1000 or 2000 units.

Lol !! Here comes a Chinese cheerleaders who love anything made in China. First guys able to afford cars and then speak. Tata have 70 pc market share in BD, which simply shows, that every 2 out of 1000 (in BD 3 of 1000 have cars) are buying Tata.
That speak volumes for haves and have nots. Continue to spew ur bias. General BD public wont listen to u. Tata will still increase its market share.

Own? WTF? They have own special reconditioned Junkyards other than newer ones. They have tendency only to complain. Nothing else

Don't know which joker made that 70% thing? It's not even 1%. Go to BD and have a look - unless this crook has included Bajaj auto-rickshaws!

I can never understand how bangladeshis can keep a straight face and speak lovingly about "reconditioned" cars. I mean seriously, "reconditioned" ?!

And there are these folks going on about 20 year old cars. Any car over 10 years (5 for a lot of people), belongs in one place--the junkyard !

I can't believe you guys defend reconditioned COROLLA !! Wtf ?!

Its a fcking COROLLA! Not a Vintage BMW !!

Well, Russia happens to be the largest importer of those Japanese cars. Better not underestimate them :no:

Tata have 70 pc market share in BD

Read again. They were referring to the commercial vehicle market Things like trucks, and buses and such. Btw, Tata Ace is selling well here.

As of now, the Japanese are king. More specifically, Toyota:
Japan controls 95 percent of the used car market in Bangladesh. Both new and used cars from Toyota, Honda, Nissan and Mitsubishi dominate Bangladesh's roads. Toyota accounts for 75 percent of the market.
http://www.prokerala.com/news/articles/a209796.html

Toyota Corolla and the Noah are the most popular right now:
toyota-corolla-altis_bangladesh.jpg

toyota-noah-bangladesh.jpg

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/category/bangladesh/

And the ones with some money, the Premio and Allion :D
Toyota-Allion-Bangladesh-2012.jpg

toyota_allion.gif

Allion's interior:
2012-toyota-toyota-allion-allion-2012-allion-allio-40db9c.jpg

Not bad for "second hand" cars eh? :hang2:

As I said, don't underestimate them.

Additionally, the Japanese and the Americans (CAT Bangla) dominate the construction vehicle market.

By the way,Tata Indica Diesel is the sh!tiest car ever i have driven.
This diddle is meant only for cabs. What were you thinking when you decided to drive this crap? But the Indica Vista is pretty good!

Don't know which joker made that 70% thing? It's not even 1%. Go to BD and have a look - unless this crook has included Bajaj auto-rickshaws!

First u go back to ur own country first and then tell me.
I just now noticed ur flags. No surprises that Non resident BDs are big mouthed.

Well, Russia happens to be the largest importer of those Japanese cars. Better not underestimate them :no:

Lol. I think its safe to underestimate. You see , India has and excess of "Japanese cars". The derision is based on experience.

We know exactly what to expect in a "Japanese car", and everyone in India without exception would shudder to even consider a 10, 20 year old tin can......even if it gets "reconditioned" in Krypton.

Japanese cars are okay but they are by no means worth "preserving".....or deserving of any reverence.

For some reason pictures of a ancient Egyptian mummies comes to my mind.

PS: I can take shiny pictures of a garbage dump and make it look cool. But it still won't change that fact that its garbage.

New Indian cars have safety and emission standards non-existent back in the stone age.

Japan quake jolts Bangladesh used car market

Best Selling Cars – Matt's blog » Bangladesh

[/IMG]

The near new ones cost a fortune in BD, surely out of reach of middle and lower middle class. And the older ones look no where as good as the ones u see in those photos.

But then again its probably a good thing, Bangladesh barely has any roads, the more expensive cars are, the better it is for traffic congestion.

Read again. They were referring to the commercial vehicle market Things like trucks, and buses and such. Btw, Tata Ace is selling well here.

Japan quake jolts Bangladesh used car market

Best Selling Cars – Matt's blog » Bangladesh

And the ones with some money, the Premio and Allion :D
Toyota-Allion-Bangladesh-2012.jpg

toyota_allion.gif

Allion's interior:
2012-toyota-toyota-allion-allion-2012-allion-allio-40db9c.jpg

Additionally, the Japanese and the Americans (CAT Bangla) dominate the construction vehicle market.

Buddy japanese cars are good. But some ignorant bonglos who have never seen Indian cars are commenting BS here.

I am a user of a tata car, and have faced no problem for the past 9 years, it has consistently given an excellent mileage (diesel) and is quite comfortable..

They talk fun here and then go back to home to see Indian serials and buy indian products.
They are the biggest hypocrite (I mean only some Online BD people here).
Ground reality in BD is very different

Dont make it about religion, hindu nationalist. I myself use airtel in dhaka. The fact is indian cars are garbage, if you dont think so than you have never gotten on or driven a japanese/korean/european/ american. Even reconditioned cats of those countries are twice the car compared to indian garbage, please take off your saffron tinted glasses.

The near new ones cost a fortune in BD, surely out of reach of middle and lower middle class. And the older ones look no where as good as the ones u see in those photos.

But then again its probably a good thing, Bangladesh barely has any roads, the more expensive cars are, the better it is for traffic congestion.

Toyota (Navana) showrooms charge a bit much.

But Mitsubishi is a bit more reasonable. You can get a beautiful Lancer EX at 27 lacs, cheaper than an Allion (31 lacs). Though, an Evo would cost well over 70 lacs (no point in buying them in my opinion).

581374_545852555431344_285357000_n.jpg

You can check out the reconditioned car showrooms to see their looks and feel yourself. They are as good as new.

Bangladesh Government want to increase use of public transport, but I doubt if that'd be sufficient.

How's your visit in Bangladesh? Hellish roads and traffic in Dhaka eh? :D

Back
Top Bottom