What's new

Tata Motors enters Bangladesh car market

But Mitsubishi is a bit more reasonable. You can get a beautiful Lancer EX at 27 lacs, cheaper than an Allion (31 lacs). Though, an Evo would cost well over 70 lacs (no point in buying them in my opinion).

What is the lowest price range of New Car which you can buy in Bangladesh? What is the price?
What is the price offered by tata car, including all taxes??

Added later---

I found that tata car will be in the range of Taka 15 lakhs. So what other alternatives do the consumer have in the same range??

What is the lowest price range of New Car which you can buy in Bangladesh? What is the price?

Added later---

I found that tata car will be in the range of Taka 15 lakhs. So what other alternatives do the consumer have in the same range??

Not bad.

The cars will be within the range of Tk 1.4 million, Ahmed said adding the buyers can pay in instalments with 50 per cent down payment.

Not bad at all.

Especially the downpayment part. For reconditioned cars, customers have to pay 70% downpayment (no I'm not kidding). Used to be 50% though.

Also, Suzuki is also pretty good. Apart from the Grand Vitara, most are imported from India, and lie in a similar price range (apart from Vitara).

Indian cars just does not goes with status and taste of the BD consumers. Buying a Indian cars means like buying a bull cart in Bangladesh. Peoople cant think of Indian automobiles other than pulling stuffs here and there.

Lets see
Just wait for another 5 years...
I believe TATA will capture most of Bangladesh auto market in that time frame

Also, Suzuki is also pretty good. Apart from the Grand Vitara, most are imported from India, and lie in a similar price range (apart from Vitara).

So Tata will be competing with other imported car from india, in terms of price. So Reconditioned japanese car market will be un affected.

Added later---

Dont be delusional. Bangladeshi consumer will choose a 10 years old Japanese car over a brand new Indian car for the same price. Any smart buyer will do that.

For 15 lac you can buy a 2001-2003 second hand small coupe like Honda civic. And i am sure consumer would be better off than buying a Indian junk.

Dont be delusional.

Welcome to the reality.

Bangladeshi consumer will choose a 10 years old Japanese car over a brand new Indian car for the same price. Any smart buyer will do that.

Commercial vehicle sector has already been captured by TATA. Time to capture passenger vehicle sector as well.

For 15 lac you can buy a 2001-2003 second hand small coupe like Honda civic. And i am sure consumer would be better off than buying a Indian junk.

Nobody in India way pay even 5 lac for a 10 year old SECOND HAND car....but oops.....

Dont be delusional. Bangladeshi consumer will choose a 10 years old Japanese car over a brand new Indian car for the same price. Any smart buyer will do that.
We will know the success / failure of tata there in 1-2 years. i will wait for it.

Commercial vehicle sector has already been captured by TATA. Time to capture passenger vehicle sector as well.

What commercial sector??? private bus sector is completely dominated by Japnese, german and swedish buses. I am not sure about the private Truck, may be there is a edge for Indian truck here as western suppliers dont make the truck that we uses here much.

Nobody in India way pay even 5 lac for a 10 year old SECOND HAND car....but oops.....

Not even a junk yard will be willing to pay for a 10 year old Indian car 10 Taka. Instead they will charge disposal fees. opps.

If I am not wrong you can not import reconditioned car which is more then 5 years old. The 15 lakh taka stuff you have said should be in the existing car market.

Welcome to the reality.

Nobody in India way pay even 5 lac for a 10 year old SECOND HAND car....but oops....

Reconditioned car and second hand car are two different thing. Dnt try to put the cart above the horse. Most of the Indian customer buy car which is in the range of 2-5 lakh rupee. Miser Indians dnt spend more on luxury stuff.

That is if you have 15 lacs in cash.

The banks do not provide loans for cars older than six years old. That is in law.

What commercial sector??? private bus sector is completely dominated by Japnese, german and swedish buses. I am not sure about the private Truck, may be there is a edge for Indian truck here as western suppliers dont make the truck that we uses here much.

Unless you are referring to the ones used by coach services like Green Line, then yes.

But for the rest, either Tata and some by Eicher or one of those British-era Bedford trucks. Relatively few are Hino, Daf or Nissan.

:partay:
url

:woot:

^^^That's funny...

I Googled "Bangladeshi trucks", and I got this:

38046253.jpg

Bedfords :woot:

Not even a junk yard will be willing to pay for a 10 year old Indian car 10 Taka. Instead they will charge disposal fees. opps.

don't talk about luxury .....lol even Bugatti veyron becomes junk if it travlled 50 km's in your country..... first build some roads... then talk about luxury...

Back
Top Bottom