What's new

Tata Motors enters Bangladesh car market

lol @ lungi clad Bangladeshis trying to act classy and sophisticated :lol:

This diddle is meant only for cabs. What were you thinking when you decided to drive this crap? But the Indica Vista is pretty good!

I took Indica Diesel once for a highway drive,and horrible! The car has very low pick up that while overtaking you'l be in the middle of the road! But vista is superb!

Lets ignore your personal story, not because its a lie but I tend to be more into data and statistics than 'my uncle did/said....'

I could not find sales figure but my assertion that new car sales is only for few (only very rich who can afford, also to show off) where as most sales will be dominated by second hand sales is supported by this blog.
Best Selling Cars – Matt's blog » Bangladesh: Toyota Corolla and Noah most popular – or is it the Mitsubishi Pajero?

I know its just a blog, and it might be wrong. I will be happy if somebody can find accurate sales figure.
The total number of brand new cars: 4500 (2010),3000(2009), 2050 (2008)
Total numer of reconditioned cars: 25500 (2010),26350(2009),14942(2008)

Here is the bit I do agree with the blog.
"
High taxes imposed on Indian imports make the Bengali car market very different to its neighbour India. Japanese brands do not suffer from high import taxes and as a result Toyota holds 80% of the market and should in all likelihood place the Corolla in pole position by far, a feat that would be absolutely impossible in India due to its high price there.

Another element to take into account is that the Bengali car market is only just starting to blossom, with the car still an extravagance only reserved to the elite, therefore having a ‘luxury’ car (in the region’s standards) on top of the sales ranking kind of makes sense.
"

Are you sane? Import taxes are not imposed on per country basis, there is no set of taxes on Japanese cars and another on Indian cars, the tax is based on the size of engines regardless of where you import the car from or what make it is. Where do you dig up such crap from?

The simple truth of the mater is if you want to buy a car new or old unless your a MP you have to pay the duties. Anything under 1500cc is 129% duty payable and reaching 599% duty on luxury cars.

The minimum you'll need for a reconditioned car is $35,000 and up. You can't import any car older then 5 years and the duty is based not on what you bought the car for but, the standard value is for the make / model / manufactured date, a sliding scale, you can get more details from the customs website.

Please check the Bangladesh gov data on car imports not just some random blog, also note during the care taker gov, there was virtually no imports of new cars.

Now if your trying to imply that the Bangladesh car market is tiny, then compared to indias yes it is small, but size is relative. If tata wants to export to Bangladeshi customers then they have to provide the right products at the right price with good support services. On a like for like basis between a new tata and a reconditioned Japanese import, the advantage is still with the reconditioned car and until that changes people are not going to buy a tata, period.

Dont make it about religion, hindu nationalist. I myself use airtel in dhaka. The fact is indian cars are garbage, if you dont think so than you have never gotten on or driven a japanese/korean/european/ american. Even reconditioned cats of those countries are twice the car compared to indian garbage, please take off your saffron tinted glasses.

How do u even know i am an hindu nationalist? Do u even know i am hindu? Dont spew ur BS without knowing anything.
I dont need to study psychology to know about the attitude of Razakars or radicals here. Many here dreaming about Assam, Why? For Noble cause? Definitely No.
And Mind u. All these Honda, Hyundai, mitsubishi , Toyota have their plants in India. Why dont they have one in BD? Cos they cannot have plants for reconditioned junks.
As i said before BD talk fun here and go to normal life to see Indian and buy indian products.
I am not even religious.

How do u even know i am an hindu nationalist? Do u even know i am hindu? Dont spew ur BS without knowing anything.
I dont need to study psychology to know about the attitude of Razakars or radicals here. Many here dreaming about Assam, Why? For Noble cause? Definitely No.
And Mind u. All these Honda, Hyundai, mitsubishi , Toyota have their plants in India. Why dont they have one in BD? Cos they cannot have plants for reconditioned junks.
As i said before BD talk fun here and go to normal life to see Indian and buy indian products.
I am not even religious.

Dnt talk your sh!t here. If they have a manufacturing plant brand new manufactured car cost will be less then imported car even if it is reconditioned. Mitsubishi is assembling not manufacturing pajero suv which cost 62 lakh if I am not wrong but the same model if imported will cost 1 cr 25 lakh taka. If fully manufactured here in Bangladesh cost will go down further. Car assembling and manufacturing is new in Bangladesh. Soon various companies will come and build their manufacturing plants but only after solving of the power shortage.

I am not even religious.

A non hindu wouldnt have your avatar:angel:

Reconditioned car and second hand car are two different thing. Dnt try to put the cart above the horse.

Reconditioned car is nothing but a second hand car with some polishing, changing of seat covers etc. There is nothing which can prevent it from being called as second hand car or used car. Reconditioned car is a term which is used to save the embarrassment which is caused by the term second hand car.

Most of the Indian customer buy car which is in the range of 2-5 lakh rupee. Miser Indians dnt spend more on luxury stuff.

With a vehicle density of 11 per 1000 (3 for BD), I can clearly see who is miser here.

The density of Corolla, BMW, Merc is much more than in BD and that too of NEW CARS not of SECOND HAND CARS.

A non hindu wouldnt have your avatar:angel:

So silly kid. That avatar is a image from a Tamil Film "Rajaraja Cholan" , a great Tamil Chola Emperor. So sell of ur BS somewhere

Dnt talk your sh!t here. If they have a manufacturing plant brand new manufactured car cost will be less then imported car even if it is reconditioned. Mitsubishi is assembling not manufacturing pajero suv which cost 62 lakh if I am not wrong but the same model if imported will cost 1 cr 25 lakh taka. If fully manufactured here in Bangladesh cost will go down further. Car assembling and manufacturing is new in Bangladesh. Soon various companies will come and build their manufacturing plants but only after solving of the power shortage.

How and y will u think they will build? Many have plants in India. Already many are expanding in India itself. To reduce costs they will be exporting from here. Shipment costs will also be low.
But TATA's plan of having a plant here in BD is to make it as a export hub of its automobliles.

Reconditioned car is nothing but a second hand car with some polishing, changing of seat covers etc. There is nothing which can prevent it from being called as second hand car or used car. Reconditioned car is a term which is used to save the embarrassment which is caused by the term second hand car.

With a vehicle density of 11 per 1000 (3 for BD), I can clearly see who is miser here.

The density of Corolla, BMW, Merc is much more than in BD and that too of NEW CARS not of SECOND HAND CARS.

With price 2-5 lakh 100s and thousand of people can afford to buy car within a night. But no Bangladeshis are interested to buy junk like that of India. A 1-5 year old reconditioned car is more preferable then a Indian junk. It is an embarrassment of the Bangladeshis to buy and ride on an Indian car which we consider is nothing but a low quality junk. A Honda, Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi will always be Honda, Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi not a junk like Tata or Maruti.

So silly kid. That avatar is a image from a Tamil Film "Rajaraja Cholan" , a great Tamil Chola Emperor. So sell of ur BS somewhere

How and y will u think they will build? Many have plants in India. Already many are expanding in India itself. To reduce costs they will be exporting from here. Shipment costs will also be low.
But TATA's plan of having a plant here in BD is to make it as a export hub of its automobliles.

Because Bangladesh;s production is far low and it has duty free access to EU, North America and Middle eastern market which India does not have. More over Bangladesh is almost a virgin market for 164 million people and it has limitless opportunity for growth.

With price 2-5 lakh 100s and thousand of people can afford to buy car within a night. But no Bangladeshis are interested to buy junk like that of India. A 1-5 year old reconditioned car is more preferable then a Indian junk. It is an embarrassment of the Bangladeshis to buy and ride on an Indian car which we consider is nothing but a low quality junk. A Honda, Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi will always be Honda, Toyota, Nissan or Mitsubishi not a junk like Tata or Maruti.

Because Bangladesh;s production is far low and it has duty free access to EU, North America and Middle eastern market which India does not have. More over Bangladesh is almost a virgin market for 164 million people and it has limitless opportunity for growth.

Doesnt BD have duty free access only to textiles and related things?

It is any thing which is manufactured in Bangladesh. Tata also thats why planned to set up truck assembling factory in Bangladesh.

If thats true. then good for BD. But still verify . I have read that duty free access is only for textiles and related products, that too for a time period.

Back
Top Bottom