What's new

Tata Motors enters Bangladesh car market

yes but the reliability for Honda and Toyota is better (Toyota made some bad staff like the car gear in usa )

but still TATA is TATA from India and Toyota is from Japan

TATA is doing good but it will be hard for them to convince to buy TATA have to work hard

Much Younger Buyer than a Mercedes one!

The Entry Level Jaguars, the Crossover and the F-Type is intended for lowering the age. Near to Audi.

You can always hope but the truth is british car companies are dead. Lotus, rover and jaguar, they are finished, this is why volkswagen or audi did not buy them and 2 of em went indian. Even brits dont go brit these days.

You can always hope but the truth is british car companies are dead. Lotus, rover and jaguar, they are finished, this is why volkswagen or audi did not buy them and 2 of em went indian. Even brits dont go brit these days.

Welcome to 2012, Jaguar and Land Rover is getting sold out in US and contributing a major chunk in TATA's revenue. TATA is pumping 2 billion $ in R&D in 2013. Parsis know their business dude.

I have had both Hondas and Toyotas in the past, I will vouch for their reliability and low maintenance. Now even companies which were laggards like Tata and Ford makes cars which are as good as Hondas and Toyotas. In India we have many options.

Car Manufacturers In India

* Hindustan Motors
* Maruti Udyog
* Reva Electric Car Co
* Daimler Chrysler India
* Fiat India Private Ltd
* Ford India Ltd
* General Motors India
* Honda Siel Cars India Ltd
* Hyundai Motors India Ltd
* Toyota Kirloskar Motor Ltd
* Skoda Auto India Private Ltd
* AUDI AG
* BMW
* CHEVROLET
* FORCE MOTORS
* NISSAN MOTOR CO. LTD
* PORSCHE
* ROLLS-ROYCE MOTOR
* San Motors
* TATA MOTORS
* Daewoo Motors

All these companies have plants in India and are all competitive......they are all made in India. Most of them are exported abroad. If Bangladesh prefers used reconditioned cars....we have that too. All I have to say is your car market is in budding stage, so in future you will get same number of options which we now enjoy in India. No major manufacturing plants in BD for now. You should encourage a company which took the first step to establish its presence in your country. Consider this could be the break that BD is looking for.... in attracting car companies to set up manufacturing plants. With your hatred for India, you guys are missing the big picture. If this is the kind of reception a car company of Tata repute gets, what can you envisage for others?? Good luck, BD!!!

You have already seen even a reconditioned car cost 4 times then what average Indians pay to buy brand new cars. So, you just make your guess. I told you earlier people usually do not prefer second hand car but reconditioned car and there are difference between the both. Indian car is out of question as it is considered as junk.

No matter how long you brag......a reconditioned car will still remain a second hand car which will remain inferior to the Brand New Indian car.

For commercial vehicle people are less concerned about status thats why they buy cheap Indian junk.

What?? 70% market share is acquired by Junk?? So it gives me the impression that BD people loves Junk.

I gave example earlier of buying a second hand or refurbished iphone or a band new Indian junk mobile. Obviously people will prefer iphone then Indian junk. It depends on taste. People are not miser like Indians in Bangladesh. They prefer to pay little more then buying Indian junk.

People will buy what they like. In commercial market sector they got a choice between Brand new vehicle and Second hand vehicle. They are buying BRAND NEW INDIAN vehicle. This will be followed in the passenger segment as well.

Hmm we will see. Maruti is in the market for a while but it does not have a luck so far.

Suzuki has the majority shares. Management and tech is of Suzuki.

Maruti has failed miserably so far. Tata will not be different.

If you use an 800cc car for Taxi and that too on hifi BD roads then it is bound to fail.

TATA has already captured 70% market in commercial vehicle sector. They will capture this segment as well.

An apple iphone will remain so even if it is second hand or refurbished and Indian micromax will remain junk like always which is beyond understanding of someone who is from poverty stricken UP.

A second hand iphone will still remain a second hand iphone i.e. to say used and threw by some one else and proudly taken by someone else. its all about mentality.

I guess you people are so poor that you have accepted the fact that you guys are not made for a brand new car.

Angola has per capita GDP of 6000 usd but it is still so where is India is the open toilet and has more poor then sub saharan africa including hungry and malnourished people.

And what that was supposed to meant?

BD is the category of Least Developed country with BD-Dhaka earning a pathetic $400 a year. How will you afford a car??

But atleast we are not buying Indian junk like that of miser Indians with only 1 lakh rupee to 5 lakh rupee to increase car holders. Indians are best with such lower end cars which Bangladeshis term as junk.
Commercial sector has already been acquired by the Indian vehicles. We will do the same here as well.

BTW Just check the top 15 selling cars in India.

You will simply commit suicide.

Some people are having problem wit TATA just because TATA is Indian company.. that's all. Does not matter how good car TATA makes, these people ll always talk like this only.

And nobody ll like to use 2nd hand car for 10+ years. 2nd hand stuffs ll always be 2nd hand stuffs.

yes but the reliability for Honda and Toyota is better (Toyota made some bad staff like the car gear in usa )

but still TATA is TATA from India and Toyota is from Japan

TATA is doing good but it will be hard for them to convince to buy TATA have to work hard

point is do you want to take home a beutiful but well-used girl or a simple but virgin girl.. the answer lies in the choice of your car.

Welcome to 2012, Jaguar and Land Rover is getting sold out in US and contributing a major chunk in TATA's revenue. TATA is pumping 2 billion $ in R&D in 2013. Parsis know their business dude.

I drove Jaguar while I was working for Ford. Jaguar was the worst production line that Ford owned and used to make the shittiest car for high price. Dont budge for something only because it owned by a Indian company. I dont think R&D will make any difference to Jaguar as Indians are not the buyer of that car but Europeans. Merc/BMW/Toyota throwing more money than TATA can dream of for the car in European and American street.

I drove Jaguar while I was working for Ford. Jaguar was the worst production line that Ford owned and used to make the shittiest car for high price. Dont budge for something only because it owned by a Indian company. I dont think R&D will make any difference to Jaguar as Indians are not the buyer of that car but Europeans. Merc/BMW/Toyota throwing more money than TATA can dream of for the car in European and American street.

I guess people are stupid to buy Jags then eh? Audi was probably the crappiest car coming out of Europe in the 90's. But look at it today.

Jaguar Land Rover reports record sales and £1.5bn profit - Telegraph

The car maker, which has plants in the Midlands and Merseyside, sold 314,433 vehicles in the year to March 31, the most in the history of Jaguar and Land Rover. This meant revenues rose 37pc to £13.5bn and pre-tax profits grew from £1.1bn last year, which was also a record, to £1.51bn.

The UK, which remains JLR's biggest market, saw sales rise 3.2pc to 60,022, while North American sales increased 15.4pc to 58,003, Russia increased 38.1pc to 16,142 and German sales rose 22.3pc to 13,675.

These cars are good for people the world over, but of course not upto the stringent standards of Bangladeshi consumers:rofl:

Does anybody have an official data of the total car new car sales in bangladesh and total reconditioned car sales in bangladesh last year.
I dont even want to argue without numbers, the one I posted was from a blog but would like more authentic source (like some govt dept in bd or trade body).

Without numbers, its your feeling vs mine, and I my feeling is bangladesh is basically a reconditioned car market(due to reasons like import duty and small population)

Here is the wiki entry (not very clean but a good read) about Indian auto market (includes every automobile)
Automotive industry in India - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TATA. :lol: Seriously tata/fata/mata or maruti murir tins wont work with BD customers.

Actually there are numerous reasons that people prefer Japanese reconditioned vehicles.
- Its reliable & survived the test of time in terms of consumer satisfaction.

- Reputation of Japanese brand name.

- BD repair mechanics are very familiar with Japanese vehicle , more specifically Toyota vehicles. And as such repair & maintenance of Japanese cars are relatively cheaper . Easy availability of parts have given rise to a decent parts Industry here.

- Japanese vehicle have very good resale value here even after 5-10 years of service. We have a corolla bought in 2006 with 12 lacs & its resale value today would be easily 12-14 lacs. DO Tata fatas have that?

- Also car maintenance in BD costly. It can easily cost U 20000 Taka/month to maintain a car even with with CNG conversion. And thus someone looking to buy a car, won't risk it by spending 15 lacs on some unknown stuff that doesn't even have good parts supply chain.

And those questioning the Quality of reconditioned cars should know that the imported cars must have approval certificates from the Japan Auto Appraisal Institute (JAAI) which is needed to to submitted at customs level. We are talking about Japanese mal here, not junk yard stuffs made in India.

Also the reason Tata got the commercial vahicle market is because , people don't care much about commercial vehicles when it comes to safety, looks, reputation and Quality. As long as it works, its fine. Murir tin Indian buses are used by low quality local bus transport companies who cares jack about quality and can't afford reconditioned Hino buses.

The reason why Tata ventured in is most likely to do with the fact that the current Indo-awami dalal gov have increased the already ridiculously high tariff on reconditioned cars but haven't done the same for new cars , most likely to give their masters some miniscule chance to earn some money. If they can't sell their low quality stuff here they will just reship it to India
which won't cost much due to the small distance , if they can sell it then its all well & can earn some paisa. Tata is a opportunist multinational company afterall and such sure-to-fail half-hearted opportunistic venture , is something they can obviously afford. Lets face it .

DO Indians really believe that Bangadeshis will but tata with 15 lacs when premio can be afforded for 25 lacs. Those who can afford to spend 15 & easily spend 10 lacs more to buy something of great reputable quality. U can have pride over your desi brand, but thinking others will jump over hills for Indian products is nothing but delusional. The world doesn't revolve around India as U lots tend to think. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom