What's new

Tata Motors drives into Indonesia

Chinese cars in the EuroNCAP car test turned out to be a shame.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tata is making a late entry into Indonesia compared to another Indian company. :flame:

Bright orange and noisy ... easily describes a bajaj. These traditional transportation vehicles became popular in India where they were developed with Vespa and later imported to and built in Indonesia. Similar vehicles are known as rickshaw in Africa, Tuk-Tuk in Thailand and MotoTaxi in Peru. With an estimated 20,000 bajaj in Jakarta, it is evident they are very popular here too!

Bajaj seat two passengers comfortably and up to five passengers - depending on the size of the passenger of course. Their areas of operation are limited to one mayoralty in the city. On the side of the driver's doors you'll see a big circle in which the area is designated ... Jakarta Barat, Jakarta Pusat, etc., with a different color for each mayoralty. The drivers are not allowed to go out of their area and aren't allowed onto many main roads, so routes may be a bit circuitous.

Fare determination is by bargaining. It's always best to ask an Indonesian what they would pay for a trip to a particular destination from your point of departure, and then bargain and pay accordingly.

A ride in a bajaj is hot, utilizing "AC alam" - or nature's air conditioning. The ride will also be noisy, smelly (car and bus fumes), bumpy, harrowing, and a grand adventure. My favorite maneuver is when the bajajdriver decides to flip a u-turn in the middle of the road.

There is some protection from the rain, unless it's blowing hard. You'd think you'd have to be careful about robbery since the vehicle is so open - but it's not as common as robberies in buses. Having said all that ... bajaj are extremely convenient in many areas of Jakarta for a short drive.

Te government has been trying to replace bajaj with kancil, a new 4-wheel transportation. Police sweeps in 2012 have been aimed at getting the older, non-licensed bajaj off the road.

Traditional Transportation in Jakarta, Indonesia

Everyone of the car companies have issues even when they in way advance stages of car manufacturing over the first pass Nano from TATA. That includes brakes failing, catching on fire etc...
I was watching a documentary "Slaves of Dubai" and saw TATA bus there too.

^^ Seems like a very old model..the 2 stroke front engine type that went extinct in India years ago. Now most of the autorickshaws on road are either 4 stroke petrol or diesel.

I was watching a documentary "Slaves of Dubai" and saw TATA bus there too.

Used mainly for carrying workers to and fro from labour camps to work sites. Also used as school buses and if you look carefully many buses carry the factory sign " Caution: Left Hand Drive".

^^ Seems like a very old model..the 2 stroke front engine type that went extinct in India years ago. Now most of the autorickshaws on road are either 4 stroke petrol or diesel.

True. If you follow the link, below is this one.

Bajaj BBG

Bajaj BBG is the newer version of the traditional Bajaj, and has been in use in Indonsia since 2006. Bajaj BBG are a light blue color, less noisy, less smoky, and more comfortable when compared to the traditional Bajaj. Bajaj BBG use natural gas, so they are more environmentally friendly. There are still less Bajaj BBG than the orange bajaj, and the fare isn't much different, but of course the cost all depends on your bargaining skills!

GDP For a Country is Not the Same Thing as Turnover for a Business - Forbes

and Tata Group Profit is only US$ 5.8 billion (2010-11)
Tata Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and Bangladesh GDP is $113 billion

dont insult your intelligence by this kinda ignorance comment

I know what i m talking about the author is clearly manipulating the facts here.

The fact is u can not compare a companies turnover of goods n services with a stock market or forex market turnover
Bcoz in trading markets securities r only exchanged n no new goods or service revenue is generated except for brokerage which ofcourse he talks about whereas the turnover represents the value of goods n services generated by the company during the year

There is no net calculation in GDP, we don't take the net value added by every company or individual while calculating it rather we just take the gross value generated

Let me ask u simple question to explain my point

When u say GDP per capita of a BD is $700 does that mean that its the net amount every person in BD generates every year after deducting all the normal expenses from his income or its simple means the average value generated(income) for his living ?

The fact still remains the same that u don't take the net profit or net income of a company or a person for the purpose of GDP rather u take the turnover n the total income(not net off) for the purpose of GDP

Hope i have made my point clear here...

Other than that my intension was not to disgrace ur nation in any manner but just to make u realise that the Tata's have also worked very hard that now there turnover is equivalent to a country's economy that all...:wave:

We buy your coal you buy our car...pretty simple and straight business.

Off topic - See so much activity of namak-harams in this thread...dont know how this news relate to them!!

We buy your coal you buy our car...pretty simple and straight business.

Off topic - See so much activity of namak-harams in this thread...dont know how this news relate to them!!

They are not the namak haram guys of our east, they are our pdf friend in disguise from our western front and some are their jamati terriers of good ol days, so don’t mind please.

GDP For a Country is Not the Same Thing as Turnover for a Business

I’m afraid that our friends over at Business Insider have made one of the more common mistakes when trying to compare businesses and companies. Exxon’s revenues are about the same as Thailand’s GDP, therefore Exxon is about the same size as Thailand, right?

No, entirely wrong. It’s true that Thailand’s GDP is about the same as Exxon’s revenues, yes, but the implication that this makes the two organisations the same size is entirely wrong.

Some boring explication: GDP is the “value of goods and services” produced in that country in that year. Yes, we can play with the definitions a little bit but it is very much NOT the turnover in that country. It is the value added through economic activity. One example should suffice: the turnover of the foreign exchange markets in London each day is some $1.5 trillion dollars. There are some 250 such trading days in the year. However, the GDP of the entire UK, let alone London, is only around £1.4 trillion a year. Yes, there’s a difference in value between $ and £ but not that much: so clearly, we’re not counting the turnover in our calculation of GDP. What we’re in fact counting as part of GDP is the value added in this process. The 0.005% on each deal that goes in commissions and margins to the traders- yes, again, it becomes more complex but that’s the basis upon which we’re working.

Revenues for a company are of course turnover: so we cannot compare turnover to GDP. What we actually want to compare is the value added. So, what is the value added of a company? One definition is the profit made by the company. Other theoreticians say we should add the profit and the wages paid out by the company together and this gives us the total value added.

So, with the Worstall Calculator (back of envelope, 1, pencil, 1) let us see what we might be able to work out as Exxon’s comparable country. Profits are around $30 billion. 200,000 employees or so, all presumably on pretty good wages. Let’s just guess at $50,000 a year (this is why they’re called back of the envelope calculations). So that’s another $10 billion to add on top. So Exxon’s value added for the year is around $40 billion.

So, which country has a GDP roughly comparable to Exxon’s value added? Err, how about Luxembourg, at $52 billion? And we’ll go back and raise the average wages at Exxon to $100,000 a year so that Exxon’s value added is $50 billion.

But hey, this is still remarkable, right, that a simple company has the same value added as an entire country! Yes? Amazing or what?

Well, no, not really, for Luxembourg has a population of some 400,000. Economic participation rates generally run about 50% of the population (those “economically active” numbers you see more generally of 65 to 70%, are for those of working age. So adjust for kiddies and pensioners) so, in our very sketchy and now crowded back of the envelope we’ve got a labour force of 200,000 people.

Which is the same as Exxon’s labour force of 200,000 people.

So now our statement is that 200,000 people working away seem to produce the same added value as 200,000 people working away. We can be more specific: 200,000 rich world people add the same value as 200,000 rich world people.

Which, when you come to think about it, isn’t remarkable at all. For the very definition of being a rich world person is that you’ve got a high value add to your labour, a value add on average across the group which is not all that far away from other rich world people. If all the people of Luxembourg had low value add to their labour then Luxembourg wouldn’t be a rich world country, it would be a poor world country.

So Exxon being the same size as Luxembourg isn’t in fact all that surprising. It’s rather built into the very basics of what produces wealth in fact.
GDP For a Country is Not the Same Thing as Turnover for a Business - Forbes

and Tata Group Profit is only US$ 5.8 billion (2010-11)
Tata Group - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and Bangladesh GDP is $113 billion

dont insult your intelligence by this kinda ignorance comment

And my friend GDP of a country is not equivalent to the revenue of the government.

Budget of BD govt- $24bn.

they should focus on UK market and their luxury brands jaguar and land rover

Why only UK market? :what: And besides, it's a small country and their economy is not very good at the moment.

Focus on China :azn:

I know what i m talking about the author is clearly manipulating the facts here.

The fact is u can not compare a companies turnover of goods n services with a stock market or forex market turnover
Bcoz in trading markets securities r only exchanged n no new goods or service revenue is generated except for brokerage which ofcourse he talks about whereas the turnover represents the value of goods n services generated by the company during the year

There is no net calculation in GDP, we don't take the net value added by every company or individual while calculating it rather we just take the gross value generated

Let me ask u simple question to explain my point

When u say GDP per capita of a BD is $700 does that mean that its the net amount every person in BD generates every year after deducting all the normal expenses from his income or its simple means the average value generated(income) for his living ?

The fact still remains the same that u don't take the net profit or net income of a company or a person for the purpose of GDP rather u take the turnover n the total income(not net off) for the purpose of GDP

Hope i have made my point clear here...

Other than that my intension was not to disgrace ur nation in any manner but just to make u realise that the Tata's have also worked very hard that now there turnover is equivalent to a country's economy that all...:wave:
i regret for what i did
i spent my time and give a details info with documents from a high class website
and you didn't understand any of my words

If TATA ever goes to Spanish speaking countries, they are going to have to change their name, it means something very different in Spanish...

:P

Back
Top Bottom