What's new

Tariq Masood, Muneeb Ur Rehamn at Pakistan Navy Ship Tipu Sultan

no I cant

you yourself are rejecting the clear Ayats of Allah, that says that you wont be able to do Justice

After reading this damn long post, I concluded the following:

Polygamy is advantageous when :
1)First Wife is barren
2)She is extremely ill

is that the gist of it?
Why can't you?
Oh. Are you a woman?

This is His will. We can give you justifications. But those are post facto. First you have to believe. :)
In the end Allah knows best.

Why can't you?
Oh. Are you a woman?

This is His will. We can give you justifications. But those are post facto. First you have to believe. :)
In the end Allah knows best.
Firstly, I am not a woman
Secondly, I intend to follow the Quran, not my own whims and desires

Firstly, I am not a woman
Secondly, I intend to follow the Quran, not my own whims and desires
Quran alone can't do full justice. It is a part of the whole system of guidance.

Polygamy is not bad. Women get legal status. Children get identity. What are the cons?

no I cant

you yourself are rejecting the clear Ayats of Allah, that says that you wont be able to do Justice

After reading this damn long post, I concluded the following:

Polygamy is advantageous when :
1)First Wife is barren
2)She is extremely ill

is that the gist of it?
No polygamy is allowed in any condition and go read Quran again you are not even understanding ayat and secondly you think Sahaba were wrong and you know Islam better than Sahabas. Lady you have to do justice and only ayats tells is that is difficult job it doesn't say polygamy is prohibited. Sahabas did tabieen did it taba tabieen did it. For past 1400 Muslims have done it. So if you can't understand ayat than you need to get knowledge and get rid of your ignorance.

{And if you fear that you will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if you fear that you cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.}

The interpretation of this verse was given by lady Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her). Urwah ibn Az-Zubair narrated that he asked Aishah, saying to her:

O Mother! (in what connection was this verse revealed): If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with orphan girls (to the end of the verse) that your right hands possess? (An-Nisaa 4:3)

Aishah said:

O my nephew! It was about the female orphan under the protection of her guardian who was interested in her beauty and wealth and wanted to marry her with a little or reduced mahr (dowry). So such guardians were forbidden to marry female orphans unless they deal with them justly and give their full mahr; and they were ordered to marry women other than them.

Aishah added:

(Later) the people asked Allah’s Messenger, for instructions, and then Allah revealed: ‘They ask your instruction concerning the women . . . And yet whom you desire to marry.’ (An-Nisaa 4:127) So Allah revealed to them in this verse that-if a female orphan had wealth and beauty, they desired to marry her and were interested in her noble descent and the reduction of her mahr; but if she was not desired by them because of her lack in fortune and beauty they left her and married some other woman.

So, as they used to leave her when they had no interest in her, they had no right to marry her if they had the desire to do so, unless they deal justly with her and gave her a full amount of mahr. (Al-Bukhari)

Therefore, the verse in the first place is talking about taking care of the orphans and dealing with them justly. Fairness and justice have to be the norm in dealing with orphans (and everyone for that matter, but we must be very aware of it when dealing with those who are vulnerable).

In case one marries a female orphan, but he cannot treat her justly, he is allowed to marry other women of his choice up to four with the condition of treating all wives equally with regard to spending, clothing, spending time with them, and other material matters which are within his control.

As for equal treatment in the area of love, he is not held accountable for that because it is not possible to control those feelings.

Coming to your own case, you are highly advised to study the marriage proposal carefully. Think of all its consequences for you and the Egyptian man’s current marriage.

If you think that marrying him would affect his wife badly, you have to reject it. Talk to the man frankly and ask him about his reasons for taking a second wife. If you are convinced of the reasons and you are OK with them, go ahead and marry him after repeatedly making prayer of seeking guidance (Istikhara).

If you decide to marry him, make sure that his first marriage contract does not stipulate that he should not take a second wife. If there is such condition, the husband has to abide by it and he does not have the right to take a second wife with his first wife’s permission.

Do not let him do anything behind his wife’s back. You are a woman and you said it bluntly that you would send him off on the wedding night. Theory is different from practice.

His wife would seem that she accepts her husband’s second marriage, but when it comes to reality the situation will be completely different. A word of advice would be that you think it over and over before you take a decision. Perhaps even talk to her.

I would also recommend that you read more and more about Islam to discover its beauty and its peaceful message. We are always ready to answer your queries. Always remember not to judge Islam by what Muslims do.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Salam and please keep in touch.

Please continue feeding your curiosity, and find more info in the following links:

Quran alone can't do full justice. It is a part of the whole system of guidance.

Polygamy is not bad. Women get legal status. Children get identity. What are the cons?
I doubt women would be happy with that

No polygamy is allowed in any condition and go read Quran again you are not even understanding ayat and secondly you think Sahaba were wrong and you know Islam better than Sahabas. Lady you have to do justice and only ayats tells is that is difficult job it doesn't say polygamy is prohibited. Sahabas did tabieen did it taba tabieen did it. For past 1400 Muslims have done it. So if you can't understand ayat than you need to get knowledge and get rid of your ignorance.

{And if you fear that you will not deal fairly by the orphans, marry of the women, who seem good to you, two or three or four; and if you fear that you cannot do justice (to so many) then one (only) or (the captives) that your right hands possess. Thus it is more likely that ye will not do injustice.}

The interpretation of this verse was given by lady Aishah (may Allah be pleased with her). Urwah ibn Az-Zubair narrated that he asked Aishah, saying to her:

O Mother! (in what connection was this verse revealed): If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with orphan girls (to the end of the verse) that your right hands possess? (An-Nisaa 4:3)

Aishah said:

O my nephew! It was about the female orphan under the protection of her guardian who was interested in her beauty and wealth and wanted to marry her with a little or reduced mahr (dowry). So such guardians were forbidden to marry female orphans unless they deal with them justly and give their full mahr; and they were ordered to marry women other than them.

Aishah added:

(Later) the people asked Allah’s Messenger, for instructions, and then Allah revealed: ‘They ask your instruction concerning the women . . . And yet whom you desire to marry.’ (An-Nisaa 4:127) So Allah revealed to them in this verse that-if a female orphan had wealth and beauty, they desired to marry her and were interested in her noble descent and the reduction of her mahr; but if she was not desired by them because of her lack in fortune and beauty they left her and married some other woman.

So, as they used to leave her when they had no interest in her, they had no right to marry her if they had the desire to do so, unless they deal justly with her and gave her a full amount of mahr. (Al-Bukhari)

Therefore, the verse in the first place is talking about taking care of the orphans and dealing with them justly. Fairness and justice have to be the norm in dealing with orphans (and everyone for that matter, but we must be very aware of it when dealing with those who are vulnerable).

In case one marries a female orphan, but he cannot treat her justly, he is allowed to marry other women of his choice up to four with the condition of treating all wives equally with regard to spending, clothing, spending time with them, and other material matters which are within his control.

As for equal treatment in the area of love, he is not held accountable for that because it is not possible to control those feelings.

Coming to your own case, you are highly advised to study the marriage proposal carefully. Think of all its consequences for you and the Egyptian man’s current marriage.

If you think that marrying him would affect his wife badly, you have to reject it. Talk to the man frankly and ask him about his reasons for taking a second wife. If you are convinced of the reasons and you are OK with them, go ahead and marry him after repeatedly making prayer of seeking guidance (Istikhara).

If you decide to marry him, make sure that his first marriage contract does not stipulate that he should not take a second wife. If there is such condition, the husband has to abide by it and he does not have the right to take a second wife with his first wife’s permission.

Do not let him do anything behind his wife’s back. You are a woman and you said it bluntly that you would send him off on the wedding night. Theory is different from practice.

His wife would seem that she accepts her husband’s second marriage, but when it comes to reality the situation will be completely different. A word of advice would be that you think it over and over before you take a decision. Perhaps even talk to her.

I would also recommend that you read more and more about Islam to discover its beauty and its peaceful message. We are always ready to answer your queries. Always remember not to judge Islam by what Muslims do.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Salam and please keep in touch.

Please continue feeding your curiosity, and find more info in the following links:
you do realize that I am not quoting the Ayat that you are desperately trying to hold on to, right?
I will quote it again so that maybe you will stop rejecting the Quran

This is the Ayat you are quoting:

“And if you fear that you may not be just to the orphans, then you may marry whom you please of the women: two, and three, and four. But if you fear you will not be fair, then only one, or what your right hand possesses.This is best that you do not face financial hardship.” 4:3

This must be read in conjunction with this ayat, which you are deliberately ignoring:

“You will not be able to treat all women equally even if you wish to do so.” 4:129

Now, the condition for Polygamy is, if and only if you can do justice
and then Allah immediately says that you will not be able to do justice
after reading this only that person will justify and indulge in polygamy who thinks he knows more than Allah (Naozubillah)
and I think you think that you know more than the Quran?

you do realize that I am not quoting the Ayat that you are desperately trying to hold on to, right?
I will quote it again so that maybe you will stop rejecting the Quran

This is the Ayat you are quoting:

“And if you fear that you may not be just to the orphans, then you may marry whom you please of the women: two, and three, and four. But if you fear you will not be fair, then only one, or what your right hand possesses.This is best that you do not face financial hardship.” 4:3

This must be read in conjunction with this ayat, which you are deliberately ignoring:

“You will not be able to treat all women equally even if you wish to do so.” 4:129

Now, the condition for Polygamy is, if and only if you can do justice
and then Allah immediately says that you will not be able to do justice
after reading this only that person will justify and indulge in polygamy who thinks he knows more than Allah (Naozubillah)
and I think you think that you know more than the Quran?

I don't know more than the Quran but I also don't insist on my wrong understanding as you are doing. Lady ALLAH never said you won't be able to do justice go learn arabic and than read ayat again. If Sahabas today come back in this world and read your interpretation they will find it hard to stop their laughter. Lady if you are not understanding ayat your problem not of Muslims who have understood the ayat as it is and married more than once. So Please stop making hilarious pathetic excuses

Islam's Position on Polygamy
Dr. Bilal Philips

Muslims are often accused of being promiscuous because polygamy is legal in Islam.

Islam did not introduce polygamy. Unrestricted polygamy was practiced in most human societies throughout the world in every age. Islam regulated polygamy by limiting the number of wives and establishing responsibility in its practice.

Monogamy of the West inherited from Greece and Rome where men were restricted by law to one wife but were free to have as many mistresses among the majority slave population as they wished. In the West today, most married men have extramarital relations with mistresses, girlfriends and prostitutes. Consequently the Western claim to monogamy is false.

Monogamy illogical. If a man wishes to have a second wife whom he takes care of and whose children carry his name and he provides for he is considered a criminal, bigamist, who may be sentenced to years in jail. However, if he has numerous mistresses and illegitimate children his relation is considered legal.

Men created polygamous because of a need in human society. There is normally a surplus of women in most human societies.1 The surplus is a result of men dying in wars, violent crimes and women outliving men.2 The upsurge in homosexuality further increases the problem. If systems do not cater to the need of surplus women it will result in corruption in society. Example, Germany after World War II, when suggestions to legalize polygamy were rejected by the Church. Resulting in the legalization of prostitution. German prostitutes are considered as workers like any other profession. They receive health benefits and pay taxes like any other citizen. Furthermore, the rate of marriage has been steadily declining as each succeeding generation finds the institution of marriage more and more irrelevant.

Western anthropologists argue that polygamy is a genetic trait by which the strongest genes of the generation are passed on. Example, the lion king, the strongest of the pack, monopolizes the females thereby insuring that the next generation of lion cubs will be his offspring.

Institutional polygamy prevents the spread of diseases like Herpes and AIDS. Such venereal diseases spread in promiscuous societies where extra-marital affairs abound.

Polygamy protects the interests of women and children in society. Men, in Western society make the laws. They prefer to keep polygamy illegal because it absolves them of responsibility. Legalized polygamy would require them to spend on their additional wives and their offspring. Monogamy allows them to enjoy extra-marital affairs without economic consequence.

Only a minority will practice polygamy in Muslim society. In spite of polygamy being legal in Muslim countries, only 10-15% of Muslims in these countries practice polygamy. Although the majority of men would like to have more than one wife, they cannot afford the expense of maintaining more than one family. Even those who are financially capable of looking after additional families are often reluctant due to the psychological burdens of handling more than one wife. The family problems and marital disputes are multiplied in plural marriages.

Conditions have been added for polygamy in many Muslim countries. For example, in Egypt, the permission of the first wife must first be obtained. This and similar conditions are a result of colonial domination. No woman in her right mind will give her husband permission to take a second wife. Such a condition, in fact, negates the permission given by God in the Quran.

10. Others have accepted polygamy on condition that it not be for "lust". That is, if the wife is ill, or unable to bear children, or unable to fulfill the husband's sexual needs, etc., taking a second wife is acceptable. Otherwise it becomes "lust" on the husband's part and is consequently not acceptable. The reality is that "lust" was involved in the marriage of the first wife. Why is it acceptable in the case of the first and not the second? As has already been pointed out, men are polygamous by nature. To try to curb it by such conditions will only lead to corruption in society.

Feminists may object to this male right by insisting that women should also be able to practice polygamy. However, a woman marrying four husbands would only increase the problem of surplus women. Furthermore, no child would accept his or her mother identifying the father by the "iny miny miney mo" method. The question which remains is, �If God is good and wishes good for His creatures, why did he legislate something which would be harmful to most women?� Divine legislation looks at the society as a whole seeking to maximize benefit. If a certain legislation benefits the majority of the society and causes some emotional harm to a minority, the general welfare of society is given precedence.

Allah's statement,

﴿مَثْنَى وَثُلَـثَ وَرُبَاعَ﴾

(two or three, or four), means, marry as many women as you like, other than the orphan girls, two, three or four. We should mention that Allah's statement in another Ayah,

﴿جَاعِلِ الْمَلَـئِكَةِ رُسُلاً أُوْلِى أَجْنِحَةٍ مَّثْنَى وَثُلَـثَ وَرُبَـعَ﴾

(Who made the angels messengers with wings, - two or three or four) ﴿35:1﴾, does not mean that other angels do not have more than four wings, as there are proofs that some angels do have more wings. Yet, men are prohibited from marrying more than four wives, as the Ayah decrees, since the Ayah specifies what men are allowed of wives, as Ibn `Abbas and the majority of scholars stated. If it were allowed for them to have more than four wives, the Ayah would have mentioned it. Imam Ahmad recorded that Salim said that his father said that Ghilan bin Salamah Ath-Thaqafi had ten wives when he became Muslim, and the Prophet said to him, "Choose any four of them (and divorce the rest).'' During the reign of `Umar, Ghilan divorced his remaining wives and divided his money between his children. When `Umar heard news of this, he said to Ghilan, "I think that the devil has conveyed to your heart the news of your imminent death, from what the devil hears during his eavesdropping. It may as well be that you will not remain alive but for a little longer. By Allah! You will take back your wives and your money, or I will take possession of this all and will order that your grave be stoned as is the case with the grave of Abu Righal (from Thamud, who was saved from their fate because he was in the Sacred Area. But, when he left it, he was tormented like they were).'' Ash-Shafi`i, At-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ad-Daraqutni and Al-Bayhaqi collected this Hadith up to the Prophet's statement, "Choose any four of them.'' Only Ahmad collected the full version of this Hadith. Therefore, had it been allowed for men to marry more than four women at the same time, the Prophet would have allowed Ghilan to keep more than four of his wives since they all embraced Islam with him. When the Prophet commanded him to keep just four of them and divorce the rest, this indicated that men are not allowed to keep more than four wives at a time under any circumstances. If this is the case concerning those who already had more than four wives upon embracing Islam, then this ruling applies even more so to marrying more than four.

﴿وَءَاتُواْ الْيَتَٰـمَى أَمْوَلَهُمْ وَلاَ تَتَبَدَّلُواْ الْخَبِيثَ بِالطَّيِّبِ وَلاَ تَأْكُلُواْ أَمْوَٰلَهُمْ إِلَى أَمْوَٰلِكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ حُوباً كَبِيراً - وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ فِى الْيَتَٰـمَى فَانكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ مَثْنَى وَثُلَـثَ وَرُبَاعَ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تَعْدِلُواْ فَوَٰحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَٰـنُكُمْ ذلِكَ أَدْنَى أَلاَّ تَعُولُواْ - وَءَاتُواْ النِّسَآءَ صَدُقَـٰتِهِنَّ نِحْلَةً فَإِن طِبْنَ لَكُمْ عَن شَىْءٍ مِّنْهُ نَفْساً فَكُلُوهُ هَنِيئاً مَّرِيئاً ﴾

(2. And give unto orphans their property and do not exchange (your) bad things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by adding it) to your substance. Surely, this is a great sin.) (3. And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the servants) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from Ta`ulu.) (4. And give to the women (whom you marry) their Saduqat (or dowry) Nihlah (with a good heart), but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm.)

Allah commands that the property of the orphans be surrendered to them in full when they reach the age of adolescence, and He forbids using or confiscating any part of it. So He said;

﴿وَلاَ تَتَبَدَّلُواْ الْخَبِيثَ بِالطَّيِّبِ﴾

(and do not exchange (your) bad things for (their) good ones;) Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib and Az-Zuhri commented, "Do not substitute a weak animal of yours for a fat animal (of the orphans).'' Ibrahim An-Nakha`i and Ad-Dahhak commented, "Do not give something of bad quality for something of good quality.'' As-Suddi said, "One of them (caretakers of orphans) would take a fat sheep from the orphan's property and put in its place, a weak sheep of his, saying, `A sheep for a sheep.' He would also take a good Dirham and exchange it for a fake Dirham, saying, `A Dirham for a Dirham.''' Allah's statement,

﴿وَلاَ تَأْكُلُواْ أَمْوَلَهُمْ إِلَى أَمْوَلِكُمْ﴾

(and devour not their substance to your substance.) means, do not mix them together so that you eat up both, as Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Muqatil bin Hayyan, As-Suddi and Sufyan bin Hassin stated. Allah said,

﴿إِنَّهُ كَانَ حُوباً كَبِيراً﴾

(Surely, this is a great sin. ), a major and substantial sin, according to Ibn `Abbas. This was also reported from Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan, Ibn Sirin, Qatadah, Muqatil bin Hayyan, Ad-Dahhak, Abu Malik, Zayd bin Aslam and Abu Sinan. The meaning above is: adding their property to your property is a grave sin and a major mistake, so avoid it.

﴿وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ فِى الْيَتَـمَى فَانكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ مَثْنَى﴾

(And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two) Allah commands, when one of you is the caretaker of a female orphan and he fears that he might not give her a dowry that is suitable for women of her status, he should marry other women, who are plenty as Allah has not restricted him. Al-Bukhari recorded that `A'ishah said, "A man was taking care of a female orphan and he married her, although he did not desire to marry her. That girl's money was mixed with his, and he was keeping her portion from her. Afterwards, this Ayah was revealed about his case;

﴿وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ﴾

(If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly)'' Al-Bukhari recorded that `Urwah bin Az-Zubayr said that he asked `A'ishah about the meaning of the statement of Allah,

﴿وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ فِى الْيَتَـمَى﴾

(If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls.) She said, "O my nephew! This is about the orphan girl who lives with her guardian and shares his property. Her wealth and beauty may tempt him to marry her without giving her an adequate dowry which might have been given by another suitor. So, such guardians were forbidden to marry such orphan girls unless they treated them justly and gave them the most suitable dowry; otherwise they were ordered to marry woman besides them.'' `A'ishah further said, "After that verse, the people again asked the Messenger of Allah (about marriage with orphan girls), so Allah revealed the Ayah,

﴿وَيَسْتَفْتُونَكَ فِى النِّسَآءِ﴾

(They ask your instruction concerning the women..) ﴿4:127﴾.'' She said, "Allah's statement in this Ayah,

﴿وَتَرْغَبُونَ أَن تَنكِحُوهُنَّ﴾

(yet whom you desire to marry) ﴿4:127﴾ refers to the guardian who does not desire to marry an orphan girl under his supervision because she is neither wealthy nor beautiful. The guardians were forbidden to marry their orphan girls possessing property and beauty without being just to them, as they generally refrain from marrying them (when they are neither beautiful nor wealthy).'' @Jf Thunder

First I thought you lack knowledge but sorry I just checked all the ayats and realized you are even lying about ayats the thing you are claiming is not even there for GOD sake

If they want to remain muslim and not waste their afterlife, they should be happy with it.
Look I can personally empathize. But rules are rules. Every civilized society has one. And this is God's message for us. All schools agree on this...there is absolutely no dispute on this matter.
Peace. :)

I don't know more than the Quran but I also don't insist on my wrong understanding as you are doing. Lady ALLAH never said you won't be able to do justice go learn arabic and than read ayat again. If Sahabas today come back in this world and read your interpretation they will find it hard to stop their laughter. Lady if you are not understanding ayat your problem not of Muslims who have understood the ayat as it is and married more than once. So Please stop making hilarious pathetic excuses

Dr. Bilal Philips

Muslims are often accused of being promiscuous because polygamy is legal in Islam.

Islam did not introduce polygamy. Unrestricted polygamy was practiced in most human societies throughout the world in every age. Islam regulated polygamy by limiting the number of wives and establishing responsibility in its practice.

Monogamy of the West inherited from Greece and Rome where men were restricted by law to one wife but were free to have as many mistresses among the majority slave population as they wished. In the West today, most married men have extramarital relations with mistresses, girlfriends and prostitutes. Consequently the Western claim to monogamy is false.

Monogamy illogical. If a man wishes to have a second wife whom he takes care of and whose children carry his name and he provides for he is considered a criminal, bigamist, who may be sentenced to years in jail. However, if he has numerous mistresses and illegitimate children his relation is considered legal.

Men created polygamous because of a need in human society. There is normally a surplus of women in most human societies.1 The surplus is a result of men dying in wars, violent crimes and women outliving men.2 The upsurge in homosexuality further increases the problem. If systems do not cater to the need of surplus women it will result in corruption in society. Example, Germany after World War II, when suggestions to legalize polygamy were rejected by the Church. Resulting in the legalization of prostitution. German prostitutes are considered as workers like any other profession. They receive health benefits and pay taxes like any other citizen. Furthermore, the rate of marriage has been steadily declining as each succeeding generation finds the institution of marriage more and more irrelevant.

Western anthropologists argue that polygamy is a genetic trait by which the strongest genes of the generation are passed on. Example, the lion king, the strongest of the pack, monopolizes the females thereby insuring that the next generation of lion cubs will be his offspring.

Institutional polygamy prevents the spread of diseases like Herpes and AIDS. Such venereal diseases spread in promiscuous societies where extra-marital affairs abound.

Polygamy protects the interests of women and children in society. Men, in Western society make the laws. They prefer to keep polygamy illegal because it absolves them of responsibility. Legalized polygamy would require them to spend on their additional wives and their offspring. Monogamy allows them to enjoy extra-marital affairs without economic consequence.

Only a minority will practice polygamy in Muslim society. In spite of polygamy being legal in Muslim countries, only 10-15% of Muslims in these countries practice polygamy. Although the majority of men would like to have more than one wife, they cannot afford the expense of maintaining more than one family. Even those who are financially capable of looking after additional families are often reluctant due to the psychological burdens of handling more than one wife. The family problems and marital disputes are multiplied in plural marriages.

Conditions have been added for polygamy in many Muslim countries. For example, in Egypt, the permission of the first wife must first be obtained. This and similar conditions are a result of colonial domination. No woman in her right mind will give her husband permission to take a second wife. Such a condition, in fact, negates the permission given by God in the Quran.

10. Others have accepted polygamy on condition that it not be for "lust". That is, if the wife is ill, or unable to bear children, or unable to fulfill the husband's sexual needs, etc., taking a second wife is acceptable. Otherwise it becomes "lust" on the husband's part and is consequently not acceptable. The reality is that "lust" was involved in the marriage of the first wife. Why is it acceptable in the case of the first and not the second? As has already been pointed out, men are polygamous by nature. To try to curb it by such conditions will only lead to corruption in society.

Feminists may object to this male right by insisting that women should also be able to practice polygamy. However, a woman marrying four husbands would only increase the problem of surplus women. Furthermore, no child would accept his or her mother identifying the father by the "iny miny miney mo" method. The question which remains is, �If God is good and wishes good for His creatures, why did he legislate something which would be harmful to most women?� Divine legislation looks at the society as a whole seeking to maximize benefit. If a certain legislation benefits the majority of the society and causes some emotional harm to a minority, the general welfare of society is given precedence.

Allah's statement,

(two or three, or four), means, marry as many women as you like, other than the orphan girls, two, three or four. We should mention that Allah's statement in another Ayah,

﴿جَاعِلِ الْمَلَـئِكَةِ رُسُلاً أُوْلِى أَجْنِحَةٍ مَّثْنَى وَثُلَـثَ وَرُبَـعَ﴾

(Who made the angels messengers with wings, - two or three or four) ﴿35:1﴾, does not mean that other angels do not have more than four wings, as there are proofs that some angels do have more wings. Yet, men are prohibited from marrying more than four wives, as the Ayah decrees, since the Ayah specifies what men are allowed of wives, as Ibn `Abbas and the majority of scholars stated. If it were allowed for them to have more than four wives, the Ayah would have mentioned it. Imam Ahmad recorded that Salim said that his father said that Ghilan bin Salamah Ath-Thaqafi had ten wives when he became Muslim, and the Prophet said to him, "Choose any four of them (and divorce the rest).'' During the reign of `Umar, Ghilan divorced his remaining wives and divided his money between his children. When `Umar heard news of this, he said to Ghilan, "I think that the devil has conveyed to your heart the news of your imminent death, from what the devil hears during his eavesdropping. It may as well be that you will not remain alive but for a little longer. By Allah! You will take back your wives and your money, or I will take possession of this all and will order that your grave be stoned as is the case with the grave of Abu Righal (from Thamud, who was saved from their fate because he was in the Sacred Area. But, when he left it, he was tormented like they were).'' Ash-Shafi`i, At-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah, Ad-Daraqutni and Al-Bayhaqi collected this Hadith up to the Prophet's statement, "Choose any four of them.'' Only Ahmad collected the full version of this Hadith. Therefore, had it been allowed for men to marry more than four women at the same time, the Prophet would have allowed Ghilan to keep more than four of his wives since they all embraced Islam with him. When the Prophet commanded him to keep just four of them and divorce the rest, this indicated that men are not allowed to keep more than four wives at a time under any circumstances. If this is the case concerning those who already had more than four wives upon embracing Islam, then this ruling applies even more so to marrying more than four.

﴿وَءَاتُواْ الْيَتَٰـمَى أَمْوَلَهُمْ وَلاَ تَتَبَدَّلُواْ الْخَبِيثَ بِالطَّيِّبِ وَلاَ تَأْكُلُواْ أَمْوَٰلَهُمْ إِلَى أَمْوَٰلِكُمْ إِنَّهُ كَانَ حُوباً كَبِيراً - وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ فِى الْيَتَٰـمَى فَانكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ مَثْنَى وَثُلَـثَ وَرُبَاعَ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تَعْدِلُواْ فَوَٰحِدَةً أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَٰـنُكُمْ ذلِكَ أَدْنَى أَلاَّ تَعُولُواْ - وَءَاتُواْ النِّسَآءَ صَدُقَـٰتِهِنَّ نِحْلَةً فَإِن طِبْنَ لَكُمْ عَن شَىْءٍ مِّنْهُ نَفْساً فَكُلُوهُ هَنِيئاً مَّرِيئاً ﴾

(2. And give unto orphans their property and do not exchange (your) bad things for (their) good ones; and devour not their substance (by adding it) to your substance. Surely, this is a great sin.) (3. And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two or three, or four; but if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly (with them), then only one or (the captives and the servants) that your right hands possess. That is nearer to prevent you from Ta`ulu.) (4. And give to the women (whom you marry) their Saduqat (or dowry) Nihlah (with a good heart), but if they, of their own good pleasure, remit any part of it to you, take it, and enjoy it without fear of any harm.)

Allah commands that the property of the orphans be surrendered to them in full when they reach the age of adolescence, and He forbids using or confiscating any part of it. So He said;

(and do not exchange (your) bad things for (their) good ones;) Sa`id bin Al-Musayyib and Az-Zuhri commented, "Do not substitute a weak animal of yours for a fat animal (of the orphans).'' Ibrahim An-Nakha`i and Ad-Dahhak commented, "Do not give something of bad quality for something of good quality.'' As-Suddi said, "One of them (caretakers of orphans) would take a fat sheep from the orphan's property and put in its place, a weak sheep of his, saying, `A sheep for a sheep.' He would also take a good Dirham and exchange it for a fake Dirham, saying, `A Dirham for a Dirham.''' Allah's statement,

(and devour not their substance to your substance.) means, do not mix them together so that you eat up both, as Mujahid, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Muqatil bin Hayyan, As-Suddi and Sufyan bin Hassin stated. Allah said,

(Surely, this is a great sin. ), a major and substantial sin, according to Ibn `Abbas. This was also reported from Mujahid, `Ikrimah, Sa`id bin Jubayr, Al-Hasan, Ibn Sirin, Qatadah, Muqatil bin Hayyan, Ad-Dahhak, Abu Malik, Zayd bin Aslam and Abu Sinan. The meaning above is: adding their property to your property is a grave sin and a major mistake, so avoid it.

﴿وَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تُقْسِطُواْ فِى الْيَتَـمَى فَانكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِّنَ النِّسَآءِ مَثْنَى﴾

(And if you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls, then marry (other) women of your choice, two) Allah commands, when one of you is the caretaker of a female orphan and he fears that he might not give her a dowry that is suitable for women of her status, he should marry other women, who are plenty as Allah has not restricted him. Al-Bukhari recorded that `A'ishah said, "A man was taking care of a female orphan and he married her, although he did not desire to marry her. That girl's money was mixed with his, and he was keeping her portion from her. Afterwards, this Ayah was revealed about his case;

(If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly)'' Al-Bukhari recorded that `Urwah bin Az-Zubayr said that he asked `A'ishah about the meaning of the statement of Allah,

(If you fear that you shall not be able to deal justly with the orphan girls.) She said, "O my nephew! This is about the orphan girl who lives with her guardian and shares his property. Her wealth and beauty may tempt him to marry her without giving her an adequate dowry which might have been given by another suitor. So, such guardians were forbidden to marry such orphan girls unless they treated them justly and gave them the most suitable dowry; otherwise they were ordered to marry woman besides them.'' `A'ishah further said, "After that verse, the people again asked the Messenger of Allah (about marriage with orphan girls), so Allah revealed the Ayah,

(They ask your instruction concerning the women..) ﴿4:127﴾.'' She said, "Allah's statement in this Ayah,

(yet whom you desire to marry) ﴿4:127﴾ refers to the guardian who does not desire to marry an orphan girl under his supervision because she is neither wealthy nor beautiful. The guardians were forbidden to marry their orphan girls possessing property and beauty without being just to them, as they generally refrain from marrying them (when they are neither beautiful nor wealthy).'' @Jf Thunder

First I thought you lack knowledge but sorry I just checked all the ayats and realized you are even lying about ayats the thing you are claiming is not even there for GOD sake
Impressive. Seeing young Muslims like you assures me of our blessed future.

If they want to remain muslim and not waste their afterlife, they should be happy with it.
Look I can personally empathize. But rules are rules. Every civilized society has one. And this is God's message for us. All schools agree on this...there is absolutely no dispute on this matter.
Peace. :)
see that is the kind of attitude which nullifies your right to a second marriage
when you are already insulting and being insensitive to your first wife, you will never be able to do Justice
and If you cannot do Justice, then you cannot indulge in Polygamy

Dr. Bilal Philips

Allah's statement,

you still ignored the Ayat I posted
IT IS A DIFFERENT AYAT FROM THE ONE YOU ARE CLINGING TO
YOU ARE CONTINOUSLY POSTING ARTICLES
AND THE IDIOTS WHO ARE THE AUTHORS OF THOSE ARTICLES ARE IGNORING THAT AYAT ON PURPOSE
WHY, BECAUSE IT DOES NOT SUIT THEM
THE AYAT I AM POSTING, DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY TYPE OF INTERPRETATION, IT IS CLEAR AS DAY

ANSWER THIS AYAT

see that is the kind of attitude which nullifies your right to a second marriage
when you are already insulting and being insensitive to your first wife, you will never be able to do Justice

AND THE IDIOTS WHO ARE THE AUTHORS OF THOSE ARTICLES ARE IGNORING THAT AYAT ON PURPOSE
THE AYAT I AM POSTING, DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY TYPE OF INTERPRETATION, IT IS CLEAR AS DAY

ANSWER THIS AYAT

I am not ignoring any ayat lady. You are not understanding the ayat. You need to go and understand the ayat and the ayat you now quoted is not referring to wives lady. Do you really think Sahabas would have had 4 wives if it was prohibited for GOD sake do you really think for past 1400 years Muslims are fool. Please go and understand the matter and ayats before claiming something

I am not ignoring any ayat lady. You are not understanding the ayat. You need to go and understand the ayat and the ayat you now quoted is not referring to wives lady. Do you really think Sahabas would have had 4 wives if it was prohibited for GOD sake do you really think for past 1400 years Muslims are fool. Please go and understand the matter and ayats before claiming something
explain it to me?
if it was not for wives
then is it related to Na Mehram women?
WTH?

explain it to me?
if it was not for wives
then is it related to Na Mehram women?
WTH?
I will explain to you each and every ayat. Lady let me make it everything clear to you polygamy is halal. Sahabas have done it and so have Muslims for past 1400 years. Many Sahabas when married 2nd or third or 4th time married virgins. And their understanding of Islam was the best

ANSWER THIS AYAT

﴿وَإِنِ امْرَأَةٌ خَـفَتْ مِن بَعْلِهَا نُشُوزاً أَوْ إِعْرَاضاً فَلاَ جُنَاْحَ عَلَيْهِمَآ أَن يُصْلِحَا بَيْنَهُمَا صُلْحاً وَالصُّلْحُ خَيْرٌ وَأُحْضِرَتِ الأنفُسُ الشُّحَّ وَإِن تُحْسِنُواْ وَتَتَّقُواْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيراً ﴾

﴿وَلَن تَسْتَطِيعُواْ أَن تَعْدِلُواْ بَيْنَ النِّسَآءِ وَلَوْ حَرَصْتُمْ فَلاَ تَمِيلُواْ كُلَّ الْمَيْلِ فَتَذَرُوهَا كَالْمُعَلَّقَةِ وَإِن تُصْلِحُواْ وَتَتَّقُواْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ غَفُوراً رَّحِيماً - وَإِن يَتَفَرَّقَا يُغْنِ اللَّهُ كُلاًّ مِّن سَعَتِهِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ وَسِعاً حَكِيماً ﴾

(128. And if a woman fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no sin on them both if they make terms of peace between themselves; and making peace is better. And human souls are swayed by greed. But if you do good and have Taqwa, verily, Allah is Ever Well-Acquainted with what you do.) (129. You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them so as to leave the other hanging. And if you do justice, and do all that is right and have Taqwa, then Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) (130. But if they separate (by divorce), Allah will provide abundance for everyone of them from His bounty. And Allah is Ever All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Wise.)

I have checked again the ayat refers to wives but the saying is that you can't do justice in case that you can't love all same and even RASOOL SAW had more love for Ayesha than other wives. Still ALLAH says you have to spend equal time and spend equal money on them even if you love one wife more than other. Because that love can't be divided equally but your time and money can be that is what you have to do. And ALLAH demands justice in that

I will explain to you each and every ayat. Lady let me make it everything clear to you polygamy is halal. Sahabas have done it and so have Muslims for past 1400 years. Many Sahabas when married 2nd or third or 4th time married virgins. And their understanding of Islam was the best

﴿وَإِنِ امْرَأَةٌ خَـفَتْ مِن بَعْلِهَا نُشُوزاً أَوْ إِعْرَاضاً فَلاَ جُنَاْحَ عَلَيْهِمَآ أَن يُصْلِحَا بَيْنَهُمَا صُلْحاً وَالصُّلْحُ خَيْرٌ وَأُحْضِرَتِ الأنفُسُ الشُّحَّ وَإِن تُحْسِنُواْ وَتَتَّقُواْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ بِمَا تَعْمَلُونَ خَبِيراً ﴾

﴿وَلَن تَسْتَطِيعُواْ أَن تَعْدِلُواْ بَيْنَ النِّسَآءِ وَلَوْ حَرَصْتُمْ فَلاَ تَمِيلُواْ كُلَّ الْمَيْلِ فَتَذَرُوهَا كَالْمُعَلَّقَةِ وَإِن تُصْلِحُواْ وَتَتَّقُواْ فَإِنَّ اللَّهَ كَانَ غَفُوراً رَّحِيماً - وَإِن يَتَفَرَّقَا يُغْنِ اللَّهُ كُلاًّ مِّن سَعَتِهِ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ وَسِعاً حَكِيماً ﴾

(128. And if a woman fears cruelty or desertion on her husband's part, there is no sin on them both if they make terms of peace between themselves; and making peace is better. And human souls are swayed by greed. But if you do good and have Taqwa, verily, Allah is Ever Well-Acquainted with what you do.) (129. You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them so as to leave the other hanging. And if you do justice, and do all that is right and have Taqwa, then Allah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.) (130. But if they separate (by divorce), Allah will provide abundance for everyone of them from His bounty. And Allah is Ever All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Wise.)

I have checked again the ayat refers to wives but the saying is that you can't do justice in case that you can't love all same and even RASOOL SAW had more love for Ayesha than other wives. Still ALLAH says you have to spend equal time and spend equal money on them even if you love one wife more than other. Because that love can't be divided equally but your time and money can be that is what you have to do. And ALLAH demands justice in that
The case of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) is entirely different, he was barred from divorcing his previous wives, and he was barred from marrying more, after "Ayat e Tatheer" so your example is null and void.
As for your continuous example of Sahabas, I am talking with reference to Quran, till now you are unable to provide anything from the Quran, and are simply repeating you sentence relating to the Sahabas, and quite frankly that holds no weight. Islam is derived from the Quran, and supported by Hadith, if you claim that the Sahaba did something against the Quran, then that is not possible, that is a distortion of History.

Till now you could not prove anything for Polygamy, and are just clinging on to oppose the Quran

The case of the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) is entirely different, he was barred from divorcing his previous wives, and he was barred from marrying more, after "Ayat e Tatheer" so your example is null and void.
As for your continuous example of Sahabas, I am talking with reference to Quran, till now you are unable to provide anything from the Quran, and are simply repeating you sentence relating to the Sahabas, and quite frankly that holds no weight. Islam is derived from the Quran, and supported by Hadith, if you claim that the Sahaba did something against the Quran, then that is not possible, that is a distortion of History.

Till now you could not prove anything for Polygamy, and are just clinging on to oppose the Quran
I already have provided the reference lady. And as for RASOOL SAW, he divorced his wives also. If you bother to read some history he had divorced at least two women. Secondly Sahaba knew Islam best and they had more than one wives. Finally I have given you reference from the Quran but you want to remain ignorant and think for past 1400 Muslims are idiot and you are only genius to understand this ayat correctly than I can't do nothing about it. I have explained you the ayat if you can't understand basic ayat your ignorance not of Ulemas and Muslims for past 1400 years

I already have provided the reference lady. And as for RASOOL SAW, he divorced his wives also. If you bother to read some history he had divorced at least two women. Secondly Sahaba knew Islam best and they had more than one wives. Finally I have given you reference from the Quran but you want to remain ignorant and think for past 1400 Muslims are idiot and you are only genius to understand this ayat correctly than I can't do nothing about it. I have explained you the ayat if you can't understand basic ayat your ignorance not of Ulemas and Muslims for past 1400 years
Umm dude, did you even read my comment, the Holy Prophet (P.B.U.H) was not allowed to divorce his wives after "Ayat e Tatheer" get it? Why do you need stuff to be repeated for you.
You have given nothing from the Quran, and yes if the Muslims are going against the Quran, then be it 1400 or 2000 years, they are wrong.
Ulemas are already stupid

Back
Top Bottom