What's new

TAPI project likely to be launched in two months

If you sell Gas at international price, than we'll build 4 pipelines.
Whereas, Turkmenistan's wonderful offer was always there, even before IPI... no wonder why Zardari ignored cheap gas offer and signed more expensive gas contract...... perhaps, he wanted to collect rewards for hereafter!
Afterall, his wife is already in hevan for passing Pakistan's nuclear technology, to the service of ayatolla.
:lol: The only thing zardari tola did in their time was to rename different things to Baynazir Bhutto. I wonder how they missed to rename Sheikh Rashid :p: I think IP deal was more of PP attempt to show there gestures towards Iran since they were not welcomed by KSA. Considering our dynamics IP doesn't seem something easy for us.

when NS became Prime minister, he backed from IP project because of Saudi Pressure and were offered to buy LNG from Qatar, which is more expansive than Iran's gas...
Can you share with us further details of both.. Gas price of Iran in $ and Saudi pressure in metric units?
I know... your likes, want to gift every inch of Pakistan to Iran, for whatever sake...but there has to be limit of it.

If you sell Gas at international price, than we'll build 4 pipelines.
Whereas, Turkmenistan's wonderful offer was always there, even before IPI... no wonder why Zardari ignored cheap gas offer and signed more expensive gas contract...... perhaps, he wanted to collect rewards for hereafter!
Afterall, his wife is already in hevan for passing Pakistan's nuclear technology, to the service of ayatolla.

Good. Go and get your gas at "international price" from Qatar :lol: and from Turkmenistan which actually had offered the gas at 13 dollars per MMBTU (while Iran's offer was 11 dollar per MMBTU). Additionally, Pakistan will have to pay royalty fees to Afghanistan for gas transit which would add to the price. Also, Afghanistan has not been a stable country for the past several thousand years, so you can expect the reliability of such a pipeline going up and down the scary mountains of Afghanistan to be zero. Have fun.

India's interest in this pipeline should rather be irrelevant from Pakistan's point of view (except for the royalty fees Pakistan was to receive). India depends much less on natural gas for its energy requirements. Pakistan depends on natural gas for over 50% of its energy requirement. For instance Indians use LPG canisters for domestic uses. Pakistan depends on a rather extensive network of natural gas pipelines to homes. Beside India has invested heavily in Qatar both in technology as well as financial in order to get heavy discounts on Qatari LPG. This is not so in case of Pakistan.
Last time they didn't wanted to have Pakistan control on something which may create troubles for them provided the situation between two countries. I don't know much about their requirement but a partner less may increase the costs I guess.

Last time they didn't wanted to have Pakistan control on something which may create troubles for them provided the situation between two countries. I don't know much about their requirement but a partner less may increase the costs I guess.

Well then, that is your issue with them. I am sure you will be able to afford Qatari gas with no partners. After all they are your ideological "brothers" :lol:.

Good. Go and get your gas at "international price" from Qatar :lol: and from Turkmenistan which actually had offered the gas at 13 dollars per MMBTU (while Iran's offer was 11 dollar per MMBTU). Additionally, Pakistan will have to pay royalty fees to Afghanistan for gas transit which would add to the price. Also, Afghanistan has not been a stable country for the past several thousand years, so you can expect the reliability of such a pipeline going up and down the scary mountains of Afghanistan to be zero. Have fun.
Ahh! I wish Pakistan should have done some military action and grabbed the wakhan belt. It should have made lot of things easy for us considering we could have our own border with central Asia.

Now you disclosed it after the deal with Turkmenistan! Whereas Turkmeni gas prices are out in open from the word go!

What are you talking about? There is no disclosure. These are financial deals and your leaders and bureaucrats are well aware of it. If you are not, it does not mean others are not either.

Well then, that is your issue with them. I am sure you will be able to afford Qatari gas with no partners. After all they are your ideological "brothers" :lol:.
Well whether we like it or not its the reality! Pakistan can't afford to lose allies in these time though Iran/Pakistan make more sense if we take away all these other factors.

Ahh! I wish Pakistan should have done some military action and grabbed the wakhan belt. It should have made lot of things easy for us considering we could have our own border with central Asia.

That belt was put there for a reason. It was put there through an understanding between British empire (nowadays Western interests) and Russian empire (nowadays Russian state) in order to keep India (nowadays Pakistan) separate from Russian territory (nowadays Russian sphere of influence). It is supposed to be a no mans zone between two sphere of influences in order to keep peace between two super powers.

How would I know bro. I am not part of cabinet or any ministry.
:-) We don't expect officials on public forums brother. You were participating in discussion so I wonder if you searched a bit about your country involvement.

Well whether we like it or not its the reality! Pakistan can't afford to lose allies in these time though Iran/Pakistan make more sense if we take away all these other factors.

I am sure that is the case. And I am sure, Pakistanis are happy paying the price in their daily lives in order to keep their "allies" and "brothers" happy.

Well, you and @LoveIcon have good points and I am aware of these already. Planners worth their salt should see the need down the road. That is why they are called planners.

Well our planners only plan how to fill their pockets.

In all probability CNG takes in only a small portion of total gas consumption since, engines use very little gas. The largest consumption of gas occurs in domestic sector followed by industry (in your case textile, chemical and fertilizers), as well as power generation.

CNG is just an example, we started producing electricity from gas, because of electricity shortages and higher rates industries started generating electricity for their plants from gas. In 2000s we also saw rapid economic and industrial growth which raised consumption in commercial sector. Situation became worse when exploration stopped because of terrorism. Point was that need of importing gas was not felt earlier.

Economy depends on energy and security. If you can not improve on these two, then the economy will never recover and a perpetual vicious cycle will make things worse. This is the point that Pakistan could raise with US.

It's not as simple as you have stated, We need energy to run Industry whose output is export to US & Allies. If we go ahead on IP without their node than we will simply loose our customers, so what's purpose of getting gas to run industry which will be closed because of lack of customers?

Basha dam or for that matter other dams, are not being built because again in diplomatic arena, Pakistan has been failing (as you might or not be aware, India is against Pakistan building dams and uses all means available to it, whether in international courts, or by political subversion or international financial sabotage. India is a smart country).

Yes - Bhasha dam's matter is more to do with Indian lobby, which again have leverage of it's economy and 1.2 billion market and she is also world's largest arms customer. Yes our diplomacy scuks but India also have advantages.

At the end of the day, it will be Pakistan that suffers and will continue to suffer.
Yes - Pakistan will continue to suffer, but going ahead on IP and getting sanctioned will be worst, so there is no chance that Pakistan will import gas from Iran unless negotiation between Iran & P5+1 succeeded, that's reality, no matter what kind of statements officials give.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? There is no disclosure. These are financial deals and your leaders and bureaucrats are well aware of it. If you are not, it does not mean others are not either.

Of course, after our bureaucrats and asif Ali zardari, its you who knows it but even you.. until today, kept it close to your heart.
Now all i can suggest is to go public with your low offer... and throw Turkmenistan out of business !!
This is how business should work!
or hire me, if i can't win you a contract, i'll break the Turkmeni deal.... but you must share the copy of real contract!!

Back
Top Bottom