What's new

Tamilnadu oppose India's Sanskrit week

Stop chatting shit, tamil Sri Lankans are the most religious Hindus in the sub continent. Every village has its own Brahmin.
Tamil Sri Lankans are roughly 70% Hindu and extremely religious. Almost every village has its own Brahmin who we go to for advice. The Sri Lankans are trying to cause a divide between Eelam Tamils and Indians.
Listen you disgusting hybrid race Sinhalese. Eelam is our historical land and it belongs to us. Tamil Nadu is not related to this and we tamils don't need disgusting hybrids who we ruled to speak for us.

here comes the propaganda, but this turd is laughably poor at it.
you poeple depended on hybrids for 30 years for food and everything even the loin clothe your LTTE pple wear for 30 years :)
between who are you? you are a canadian who will never be able to set foot in SL. And the local tamil political parties have abandoned separatism and well within the politcal influence of SL :P you can only cry!

@WebMaster, banned fellow back

I meant Sri Lanka should support Dravidanadu because it is the historical homeland of Tamils. Not because as you said it wasn't part of India. Besides India is a more modern term. Modern India was created by British. Before them modern India was comprised of different types of independent smaller states. So Tamilnadu was not part of India before the British.
Oops.... my bad. :chilli:
The best position for SL is tamilnadu being a part of india. We should support a united and a stable india because it is good for us. It is a pity you do not realize it

Every time, when the cholas invaded our country, Sinhalese rulers regained it by war. Therefore, establishing a tamil eelam in here is only a dream. Try to establish it within another country. :triniti:

But why would your Sinhala rulers allow them to invade, capture land, and rule for a while?

@Indischer - Why are you supporting Separatism against my Sri Lankan brethren ? :angry:

I'm in the process of helping a Lankan realize his error in voicing support for a separate Dravidanadu.:dirol:

I'm in the process of helping a Lankan realize his error in voicing support for a separate Dravidanadu.:dirol:

Wasn't there a movement to that effect in the years before the Partition & then the leaders were given lollipops by the Congress much like they did with Master Tara Singh & his Sikh party ? :unsure:

Wasn't there a movement to that effect in the years before the Partition & then the leaders were given lollipops by the Congress much like they did with Master Tara Singh & his Sikh party ? :unsure:

Never found any mainstream support within Tamil Nadu itself, let alone other parts of South India. The Indian political landscape was totally dominated by INC and ML.

And pray, tell me when in South Asian history has an entity called 'Dravidanadu' ever existed? The historic homeland of the Tamils has constantly changed with wars and consolidation, and at various times, also included parts of Sri Lanka. So, how is it that Eelam isn't 'historic' but Dravidanadu is?

England once had parts of France owned. But can they claim France now?

Regarding the bold part, wasn't Sri Lanka too not ruled by different smallish kingdoms before being consolidated by the Portuguese first and British later? Looks like Jaffna Kingdom too wasn't part of Sri Lanka, if we are to use your observations about India as the benchmark. :coffee:

Sri_Lanka_geopolitics,_1520s.png

The map is probably refering to the situation in Sri Lanka in 1500s. However even then Kotte was regarded as the center where the king of Sri Lanka resided. All the others were vassal kingdoms who paid tribute to the King in Kotte.

The Portuguese who ask for the cessation of Jaffna came to Kotte for the agreements. The historical records still exist luckily. Why should they come to Kotte if Jaffna was independent?

Besides until the time of Sankili Jaffna was inhabited mostly by Sinhalese people and this is confirmed by historical sources.

England once had parts of France owned. But can they claim France now?

The map is probably refering to the situation in Sri Lanka in 1500s. However even then Kotte was regarded as the center where the king of Sri Lanka resided. All the others were vassal kingdoms who paid tribute to the King in Kotte.

The Portuguese who ask for the cessation of Jaffna came to Kotte for the agreements. The historical records still exist luckily. Why should they come to Kotte if Jaffna was independent?

Besides until the time of Sankili Jaffna was inhabited mostly by Sinhalese people and this is confirmed by historical sources.

A cursory glance at wikipedia points to a different tale. the Jaffna region was under the influence of Cholas from 9-11 centuries, and later under Jaffan kingdom, which was aggressively Hindu. Thereafter it was conquered by the Portuguese. looks like Sinhala presence has waned there for over a thousand years now.

Anyways, I don't see any merit in breaking up Sri lanka, and neither am I an advocate of such an activity. My only wish is to show you that our nations aren't all that different, and what's good for the goose ought to be good for the gander too.

But why would your Sinhala rulers allow them to invade, capture land, and rule for a while?

Why do you guys fight for nothing about SL which has no relation to Indian Sanskrit week?
I think, TN guys are jealous due to Sanskrit influence in Sinhalese.

Why do you guys fighting for nothing about SL which has no relation to Indian Sanskrit week?
I think, TN guys are jealous due to Sanskrit influence in Sinhalese.

This is what happens when you ignore the context and pounce upon the content. My talk here is was with a Lankan who indicated support for an independent Dravidanadu.

In any case, I'm neither a Tamilian nor am I jealous of Sanskrit's influence on any language.

A cursory glance at wikipedia points to a different tale. the Jaffna region was under the influence of Cholas from 9-11 centuries, and later under Jaffan kingdom, which was aggressively Hindu. Thereafter it was conquered by the Portuguese. looks like Sinhala presence has waned there for over a thousand years now.

Anyways, I don't see any merit in breaking up Sri lanka, and neither am I an advocate of such an activity. My only wish is to show you that our nations aren't all that different, and what's good for the goose ought to be good for the gander too.

Well do not take Wikipedia for granted. It is biased. Not the Jaffna region whole Sri Lanka was under Chola influence from 9-11 centuries. Sinhala rule was indeed waned but from time to time Sinhalese tried to show the authority over the whole island by sending military missions over rough areas.

The best part is that Portuguese came to Sinhalese king in Kotte for asking for cession of Jaffna area. This has being written down by Portuguese writers. If Jaffna was independent then Portuguese had no point in coming to Kotte. Riddle me that.

What I want to say was that Eelam is a mythical concept created on lies.

This is what happens when you ignore the context and pounce upon the content. My talk here is was with a Lankan who indicated support for an independent Dravidanadu.

In any case, I'm neither a Tamilian nor am I jealous of Sanskrit's influence on any language.
I'm clearly opposed for any kind of separatism. That's what happens when there are so many languages which have no similarity. Most of the people in SL knows Sinhalese or they are already following it as the second language. So, language based separatism wont have a future.

Last edited:
The Tamil Hindus I know will easily surpass some Hindu guy from UP or Gujarat when it comes to Hinduism, its rituals and beliefs. Now, don't make some Hinduphobic random tom, dick and harry as a Tamil Hindu. He can be anything else. :girl_wacko:
are the tamil hindus you know, LTTE tamils? We know the ones come from SL more than you people. whatever his religion is, he is not a muslim and a tamil

You ruled as vassals of the Sinhalese king. I do not think any vassal state has asked for Independence claiming they were independent for 1000s of years.

Besides most of the people lived in Jaffna were Sinhalese until Sankili expelled them or killed them. The vaccum was later filled by Tamilnadu Muslims and vellar Tamils from Malabar.

I just do not care about Tamilnadu but if Tamils want a independent nation it is in Tamilnadu itself. How they will gain it is beyond my concern.

Vellalar Tamils are natives of Northern Province man,come on.

Vellalar are indeed ethnic Tamils of mainly Jaffana peninsular over millenia.. The Malabari's are more recent emigrants of the Dutch era (16th century)brought over as slave labor for the tobacco plantations in the Vanni region and East.. Almost all of them have been Tamilized over the years but continue to be considered low caste by Jaffna Vellalars

No. Vellars are from India. They were brought by Dutch for their tobacco farming. That is why still in Jaffna community there are no Brahmins. The highest cast of Jaffna Tamils are Vellars.

@Gibbs

Back
Top Bottom