What's new

Tamilnadu oppose India's Sanskrit week

There is nothing called Sri Lankan identity. Other communities have simply assimilated into the Sinhalese civilization and the rest live in their own way. As I said earlier there is no identity called "Sri Lankan". It is only Sinhalese identity. If you disagree please put forward how Tamils and Muslims have contributed to this so called "Sri Lankan" identity.

AFAIK Tamils and Muslims live in their own way. It is only us Sinhalese that think our identity is multi culture/multi ethnic Sri Lankan identity. But in reality it is not the case.

It is people like you think that we live in multi cultural, multi ethnic society. You like to live in that fantasy thinking that every thing is OK. But it is not.

Like i said there is little difference from a mindless LTTE pussy and a moronic Sinhala chauvinist like you.. Both live in their own fantasies, On made up fantasy stories.. One not better than the other.. Realize in a global sense you are nothing but a worthless speck

And there is definitely a Sri Lankan identity, something mindless chauvinists like you will never see

Like i said there is little difference from a mindless LTTE pussy and a moronic Sinhala chauvinist like you.. Both live in their own fantasies, On made up fantasy stories.. One not better than the other.. Realize in a global sense you are nothing but a worthless speck

And there is definitely a Sri Lankan identity, something mindless chauvinists like you will never see

Yes there definitely is a identity called Sri Lankan identity. But it is comprised almost totally of Sinhalese identity. Show me if I'm wrong.

Don't contradick yourself, from Neo Nazi Sinhala Buddhist sources Lanka under Yakkha King - Ravana was occupied by a highly evolved tribe.

Which debunks your Mahavamsa lie that the Sinhala civilised the uncivilised Yakkhas/Nagas (the 2 principle tribes mentioned in Mahavamsa) and subdued the uncivilised Demalas (Tamils)

The Ravana myth for brought in from India. It has no roots in Sri Lanka. Not even Mahavansa talks about the so called Ravana.

Everything you claim to be yours is either borrowed or stolen -

Religion - Buddhism - Indian
Language- - Indo European -Pali/Sankrit
Script - South Indian Pallava
Country - stolen from the natives - Nagas /Yakkhas and Tamils
Culture - Art/Music etc - mix Dravidian / Aryan Indian
Genetic - universal mix
Chronicle- Mahavamsa - copy of the Hindu epic Mahabarata

Well Ameicans are happy with their claim to America and Brits are happy with their claim to England. So does Sinhalese.

Yes there are a lot of spaces or holes in your argument. Because the claim total northen tamils were brought here for tobacco plantations by dutch is wrong as Gibbs said.

I never claimed total of Northern Tamils were brought in by Dutch. There surely might be some Tamils because of the close proximity to Tamilnadu. But Dutch bringing Tamils in large quantity is not a myth and there was no need to bring Tamils from India for work unless there were people already living in Jaffna or the people of Jaffna rejected the Dutch proposal to work like Kandyans. But we have no indication of latter happening. Moreover there is no indication that there were any sizable number of people living in Jaffna at that time. Dutch already seeing the perilous situation they faced in Jaffna offered the right of the lands to the newly brought Tamils in the guise of Thesawalame law and wrought a history specifically for their own (Yalpana Vaipamalai).

Last edited:
The Ravana myth for brought in from India. It has no roots in Sri Lanka. Not even Mahavansa talks about the so called Ravana.

“The Ramayana may not be in the mainstream of the religious culture. But it is very much a part of Sinhala folk lore,” says Prof Hewavitharana

“The Ramayana may not be in the mainstream of the religious culture. But it is very much a part of Sinhala folk lore,” says Prof Hewavitharana

the modern one yes. Not in the old one.

There are chauvinists in every ethnic group. SL government must take a proper step to stifle them before getting in to an another down fall of the country.

@Gibbs @HeinzG @Saradiel
All Sri Lankans need to understand the fact that
united-we-stand.jpg

Last edited:
why should there be a Tamil kingdom when the Nagas were Tamilised , the war between Dutugammu was a war between Hindu and Buddhists, after the defeat of the Hindu King Elara, and slaughtering Naga Hindus, the remaining Naga Hindus in North ( Anuradhapura ) fled to the North East to escape Sinhala Buddhists prosecution
so how do these so called naga ppl tamilised? if nagas were tamilised and that is ok for you then how is it wrong for your mythical nagas to be sinhalaised.

The point is there is no way a mere group of pp from north india to come and start a civilisation here if there ever was a tamil civilisation that too bordering tamil nadu.

The reason sinhalese are pushed to the south is because of invasions... and the invading ppl were stuck in north.

Naga people (Lanka)

Using mythical or half knowledge to talk about history has no sense.

take it up with her, thank you
Mahavamsa- An Insult To The Buddha! | Colombo Telegraph

Who and what distorted the Buddhist philosophy, in Sri Lanka? I say firmly, the blame must be laid fair and square, at the feet of Mahanama thera, and his ‘book of Buddhist tales’- the Mahavamsa. For, it deals mostly, with mythical and supernatural tales of so called, Buddhist history, with some borrowed from the ‘Mahabaratha’ and ‘Ramayana’

She is just releasing her frustration.
Unlike you we are very open to criticism. I have no problem with a critique of mahavamsa, even i criticise it. The biggest reason i criticise mahavamsa is it reduces sinhala ppl to an immigrant community.
The laughable thing is you want to insult mahavamsa and ask sinhalese to throw it away but without mahavamsa you have no other way to call sinhalese are migrants. Mahavamsa is the ONLY source you can use to call sinhalese are immigrants. As much as you hate mahavamsa you need mahavamsa. we dont. We want careful and rational critique of mahavamsa. I bet ppl like you think sinhala people give the same importance to it as you ppl give to mahabharata and ramayana. No we dont.
And no she is not criticisng mahavamsa she is rather pointing at some rituals which are not even mentioned in mahavamsa. Even i can do a better criticism of mahavamsa.

my point - theres nothing indigenous for Sinhalas to claim ownership as natives - e.g langauge, religion or culture

That is because your knowledge is NIL when it comes to sinhala.
Sinhala lanuage is indegenous. Especially southern sinhala which was not affected by sanskritiesed sinhala authors is indegenous. That is not something i have to teach you even the fact it is understood by a native sinhala ppl is enough.

The pagan culture of shanthikarma of sinhala shows the pagan orgin of Sinhala culture.
The religion of sinhala is buddhism. But it was the buddhist sinhalese that built the civilisation. calling it foreign is not only stupid but hypocrite.

Sri lanka was not some remote jungle in Tamil Nadu which was not affected by foreign culture. SL was in the middle of a trade route an important trade route called silk route. Sinhala people had connections with almost all ancient cultures. We were not some aborigines who saw some foriegners few centuries back. SInhala people was always with contact with other cultures and unlike language extremists and culture oriented hypocrats in tamil society Sinhala popele very openly appreciated other's culture and absorbed some of these people and even adopted their culture.

Appreciating other culture and adopting the things they like has been running deeply in sinhala culture unlike the tamil racists that hate and insult everything non tamil. We sinhalese like and respect non sinhalese thing. that is why we adopted some of these things.

And what has you tamils have native in SL? Do you even have a tamil book written in SL two three centuries before? Do you have even a tamil word developed in SL? Do you have a single dance form, cultrual practice you developed in SL? You are the least suitable to question the nativeness of a sinhalese.
As some posters posted here tamil itself has adopted a lot of sanskrit words. Without sanksrit i wonder how many of sentences you can some up with. And laughably you tell us we do not have a native religion, but all your religious things are in sanskrit.

which shrine ?

Nallur Kovil. Built by Sapumal Kumaraya (who is half tamil) adopted by a sinhala king

The Sinhala language, often called Sinhalese or Helabasa, is an Indo-European language
belonging to the Indo-Aryan branch of this language family
Sinhala Language | Effective Language Learning
Read from the top idiot, that is what we have been saying, classifying sinhala as an indo european language alone is wrong.

Yes there definitely is a identity called Sri Lankan identity. But it is comprised almost totally of Sinhalese identity. Show me if I'm wrong.

Well Ameicans are happy with their claim to America and Brits are happy with their claim to England. So does Sinhalese.

I never claimed total of Northern Tamils were brought in by Dutch. There surely might be some Tamils because of the close proximity to Tamilnadu. But Dutch bringing Tamils in large quantity is not a myth and there was no need to bring Tamils from India for work unless there were people already living in Jaffna or the people of Jaffna rejected the Dutch proposal to work like Kandyans. But we have no indication of latter happening. Moreover there is no indication that there were any sizable number of people living in Jaffna at that time. Dutch already seeing the perilous situation they faced in Jaffna offered the right of the lands to the newly brought Tamils in the guise of Thesawalame law and wrought a history specifically for their own (Yalpana Vaipamalai).
No your comments suggested so.

so how do these so called naga ppl tamilised? if nagas were tamilised and that is ok for you then how is it wrong for your mythical nagas to be sinhalaised.

I don't subscribe to Hindu/Buddhist mythological religious mumbo jumbo

My points
1) Lanka was once connected to Tamilnadu
2) the natives of Lanka were Dravidians

There is archaeological and scientific evidence that humans have existed in various parts of India during the past million years. During this period Sri Lanka’s land mass was connected to India from time to time. Separation of this connection had taken place owing to the rise and fall of sea levels resulting perhaps also from global climatic changes. Sri Lanka’s last land separation from India has occurred at 7000 BP

It is evident that Sri Lanka had her first settlers from India at least as early as one million years ago.

Numerous anthropological and archaeological similarities as shown by similarities of certain burial rites, and numerous decorative artefacts, which were discovered at historical sites in Sri Lanka, provide proof of continuous close links between the first inhabitants of the island and the early Dravidian inhabitants of Southern India

The point is there is no way a mere group of pp from north india to come and start a civilisation here if there ever was a tamil civilisation that too bordering tamil nadu.

Sinhala Buddhists are nurtured in isolation , far away from the scientific historical facts, this has made them myopic zombies, Their civilisation is one of beastility, incest, vulgarity looting, lying, cheating , raping , necrophilia, genocide.
timthumb.php

A shockingly vulgar cartoon published by a Sri Lankan newspaper featuring Tamil Nadu chief minister J Jayalalithaa and the prime minister Manmohan Singh in extremely bad taste is yet another instance of the proxy-speak of the island nation that should ideally provoke a tough reply from India

Another Insult By Sri Lanka: It’s Time India Took A Stand | Colombo Telegraph

As some posters posted here tamil itself has adopted a lot of sanskrit words. Without sanksrit i wonder how many of sentences you can some up with.

The 'some' are no linguist experts

Read from the top idiot, that is what we have been saying, classifying sinhala as an indo european language alone is wrong..

If not Indo European , what is it ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom