What's new

Tamilnadu oppose India's Sanskrit week

What? Sri Lanka should create Tamil Eelam because Cholas conquered part of our country ? Then India should give parts of their country to Iranians and Greeks and also to British.

What a BS argument you put forth.

Tamil Eelam is the hypothetical homeland created by Tamil elite of Sri Lanka to become seperate from Sri Lanka. It has no historical value. Why should Sri Lanka worry about it?
exactly..i don't want to see a divided srilanka either...
Dravidanadu was just a stupid dream cooked by an atheist nut periyar..actually it was proposed for a greater nation comprising Tamilnadu,Kerala,Karnataka and andra..but failed to gain support even in Tamilnadu let alone other southern states..
now it is a closed chapter..

Sri Lanka supports the Tamil's right for an independent nation. Tamilnadu is the Tamil homeland. Not the Northern province of Sri Lanka. Besides creating a Dravidanadu helps Sri Lanka to have closer ties with the rest of India without any hindrance. It was like that for centuries until Tamil country was joined with Indian union.
sri lanka should concentrate on managing itself. I am sure sri lanka does not want to change the pro-sri lanka stand govt of India has adopted since 1990

Kiddo, we cholas ruled you inferior people. You are lucky we are not claiming all of Sri Lanka but we have a concept of mercy here.

You cannot claim the whole of Sri Lanka,

1) Because Cholas never conquered it fully. Everytime they come down south they were beaten back with heavy loses.

2) We Sinhalese kicked your Cholas out of Sri Lanka and few years later we even invaded Tamil country itself and conquered Madurai also.

Keep your mercy to your own homelandless people.

What? Sri Lanka should create Tamil Eelam because Cholas conquered part of our country ? Then India should give parts of their country to Iranians and Greeks and also to British.

What a BS argument you put forth.

Tamil Eelam is the hypothetical homeland created by Tamil elite of Sri Lanka to become seperate from Sri Lanka. It has no historical value. Why should Sri Lanka worry about it?
Iranians and Greeks never conquered India, learn history retard

You cannot claim the whole of Sri Lanka,

1) Because Cholas never conquered it fully. Everytime they come down south they were beaten back with heavy loses.

2) We Sinhalese kicked your Cholas out of Sri Lanka and few years later we even invaded Tamil country itself and conquered Madurai also.

Keep your mercy to your own homelandless people.
We arent claiming all of Lanka, only the north which we ruled. Its not that hard to understand

We have a Sinhala-Tamil problem. Every country does have problems of their own. But Sri Lanka should not be used as a scapegoat for the failure of Tamilnadu's independence movement.

So, you will look into your neighbouring country to sooth your ego about the failure of national integration. :girl_wacko:

We arent claiming all of Lanka, only the north which we ruled. Its not that hard to understand

You ruled as vassals of the Sinhalese king. I do not think any vassal state has asked for Independence claiming they were independent for 1000s of years.

Besides most of the people lived in Jaffna were Sinhalese until Sankili expelled them or killed them. The vaccum was later filled by Tamilnadu Muslims and vellar Tamils from Malabar.

So, you will look into your neighbouring country to sooth your ego about the failure of national integration. :girl_wacko:

I just do not care about Tamilnadu but if Tamils want a independent nation it is in Tamilnadu itself. How they will gain it is beyond my concern.

Maybe India too should restart it's support for Tamils' right for a Tamil Eelam in Lanka. After all, it was like that for centuries under Cholan rule.:whistle:
Every time, when the cholas invaded our country, Sinhalese rulers regained it by war. Therefore, establishing a tamil eelam in here is only a dream. Try to establish it within another country. :triniti:

You ruled as vassals of the Sinhalese king. I do not think any vassal state has asked for Independence claiming they were independent for 1000s of years.

Besides most of the people lived in Jaffna were Sinhalese until Sankili expelled them or killed them. The vaccum was later filled by Tamilnadu Muslims and vellar Tamils from Malabar.
Lol "ruled as vassals", can't expect anything but lies from your people.

Every time, when the cholas invaded our country, Sinhalese rulers regained it by war. Therefore, establishing a tamil eelam in here is only a dream. Try to establish it within another country. :triniti:
Lol every time, we always had strong control on the north. We thought of the south as dirty land and never bothered with it.

I just do not care about Tamilnadu but if Tamils want a independent nation it is in Tamilnadu itself. How they will gain it is beyond my concern.

You don't care but always drag it. You need to focus on your ethnic issue in your tiny island, no need to drag India to vent out you anti-Tamil feelings.

Where were the capital of Tamil Eelam?

How they fed them selves?

Why not any Indian state at those times didn't consider about it like they did with Sri Lanka?

Lol every time, we always had strong control on the north. We thought of the south as dirty land and never bothered with it.
I'm pretty sure, you never read the history properly. Jaffna rulers and other Wanni rulers even paid taxes to Sinhalese kingdom.

This is sinhalese hybrid account of history
Whatever the history. Why do you guys living in Canada make tears even though Sri Lanka is not your country. It will never produce an effective result at all by exhibiting banners tom media.

I meant Sri Lanka should support Dravidanadu because it is the historical homeland of Tamils. Not because as you said it wasn't part of India. Besides India is a more modern term. Modern India was created by British. Before them modern India was comprised of different types of independent smaller states. So Tamilnadu was not part of India before the British.

Oops.... my bad. :chilli:

And pray, tell me when in South Asian history has an entity called 'Dravidanadu' ever existed? The historic homeland of the Tamils has constantly changed with wars and consolidation, and at various times, also included parts of Sri Lanka. So, how is it that Eelam isn't 'historic' but Dravidanadu is?

Regarding the bold part, wasn't Sri Lanka too not ruled by different smallish kingdoms before being consolidated by the Portuguese first and British later? Looks like Jaffna Kingdom too wasn't part of Sri Lanka, if we are to use your observations about India as the benchmark. :coffee:

Sri_Lanka_geopolitics,_1520s.png

Back
Top Bottom