What's new

Tallest Buddha statue to be built on Bali, Indonesia

thats not good india being birthplace of buddhism it should have largest statue of lord buddha

taxila in rawalpindi and takht bai in peshawar were two famous universities of buddhism

Nalanda is the oldest of all the universities in the worldwhere buddhist monks also studied and comes under your list.

thats not good india being birthplace of buddhism it should have largest statue of lord buddha

I thought he was born in Nepal?

Speaking of some deity statue...

Indonesia: tallest Jesus statue in Asia unveiled

jesusvietnam_468x620.jpg

A 30-metre high statue of Jesus has been unveiled in the North Sulawesi Province of Indonesia, making it the tallest in Asia

While Indonesia is the world's highest populated Muslim country, the North Sulawesi Province is largely occupied by the Minahasans, 95% of whom are Christian.

Some 30 metres high and standing on a 32-metre hill named Royal Highland, the statue was designed and built by 76-year-old Christian Ciputra, owner of the Ciputra real estate company, in gratitude for his success.

The statue, made of metal and fibre, took nearly three years to complete and cost five billion rupiah (about £270,000).

Ciputra design manager Yuliarso Christiono told Reuters news agency: "He lived a simple life as a child in North Sulawesi and experienced a hard life under Dutch occupation. Now he is successful."

JesusStatue_228x302.jpg

Ciputra hopes the white statue, which he has named the "Jesus Blessing Monument", will become a religious icon and attract tourists to Indonesia.

In a recent ceremony, the Indonesian Museum of Records confirmed the statue as Asia's tallest Jesus, overtaking the 27-meter Cristo Rei in East Timor's capital Dili.

The world's tallest Jesus statue is the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro. It stands 39.6 meters tall at the top of the 700-metre Corcovado mountain overlooking the city.

Please consider Visiting Sulawesi :smokin:

lol, advani and singh are declared indians now, and jinnah was declared pakistani had pakistani citizenship

failed attempt

So Ranjit Singh and Bhagat Singh carried Pakistani passports then?Lol

Takht-i-Bahi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

technically pakistan existed before india, pakistan got independence in 14th august, and india on the fifteenth :lol:

Nope. Both countries got independence on the same day - August 15, 1947. You have been celebrating it on the wrong day - you celebrate it on a date when you were still a colony. Read the India Independence Act passed by the British Parliament

Yet Pakistanis protesting against naming the chowk after bhagat singh is not because of his activities. The protests were saying that it should be an Islamic name...and naming the chowk after a non Muslim would be going against the ideology of Pakistan. Jamaat is prominent in these protests.

You got to love the Pakistanis..their older generations were not half as extremist as they are now.

bhagat singh was a terrorist

on the topic, well congrats, we are happy as pakistanis, buddhism thrived in pakistan and it had many of its major learning centres like taxila, gandhara etc
Jehadis are terrorists not Bhagat Singh,he died for the country and is one of the most remembered freedom fighters in India,Pakistanis can continue being ungrateful.

Takht-i-Bahi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

technically pakistan existed before india, pakistan got independence in 14th august, and india on the fifteenth :lol:
You kid are out of senses.
Pakistan celebrates it before for a reason I don't know,but I do know that we got independence together.
Just tells you how much history you know,confused of your own country's history.

Back
Top Bottom