What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget SU35...we should go for this super maneuverable stealth beauty piece..It fits well with PAF doctrine of using extreme maneuverability to advantage in defeating enemy defenses..

Russia has only three Su-47, it doesn't progress much further anymore.

Forget Su-47

A bit off the topic question..

as we all know that PAF pilots are also trained on su-27 series jets.. but can anyone confirm that did PAF pilots are training on Mig-29??

according to me,
If Pakistan buys Sukhoi 35, it will be beneficial for India.
Probability of war between India and Pakistan is really low, as long as there is Civilian rule in Pakistan.
Now, Russian equipment is actually cheaper to buy, but very expensive to maintain.
And pakistan would have to actually pay to Russia, in one form or another.
So, although the SU35 will give PAF the required edge, but at the same time, it will also suck up the already tight defence budget of Pakistan.
If PAF commits to SU35s, Pakistan Military as a whole will have to cut corners.

Not only this, The IAF is very much familiar to the flankers.
yes, SU35 is much advanced than SU 30mki.
But, It still is a flanker.
Being the largest operator of the flankers IAF is very much familiar to the planes overall.
yes the advantage is there for PAF, but it will not be a gamechanger.
...Just my take.

@MastanKhan

First of all your opinion is your opinion, from an Indian point of view which I'm afraid, sorry to say, just wreaks of hypocrisy. If Flanders were that expensive to run and maintain, do you think the Indian Air Force would form their large fleet of 200 Su-30MKIs as the backbone until 2020 and beyond? Oh and the IAF wants even more, 72 more.

You say the Su-35 is just a Flanker. Sukhoi says otherwise (read up).

The Su-35S maintains a strong superficial resemblance to the Su-27, the airframe, avionics, propulsion and weapons systems of the Su-35 have been thoroughly overhauled. Technological advancements have produced more compact and lighter hardware, such as the radar, shifting the centre of gravity to the aircraft's rear. These improvements removed the need for canards and saw the abandonment of the "tandem triplane" featured on several Su-27 derivatives. Also omitted was the Su-27's dorsal airbrake, which was replaced by differential deflection of the vertical stabilizers. Other aerodynamic refinements include a height reduction of the vertical stabilizers, a smaller aft-cockpit hump, and shorter rearward-projecting "sting". -- (url)

Part of me hopes Pakistan purchases Su-35s, even if they are in a relatively small number ~36. For two reasons:

a) we will know where we stand with Russia, a sale of Su-35s to Pakistan will push us firmly towards the US/Israel/EU and also explore further partnerships with Japan and S.Korea. I'd say a sale of the Su-35 will kill any further new military dealings with Russia after this decade.

b) the IAF has been lacksadaisical, letting its squadron numbers drop, upgrading ancient Jaguars to extend every bit out of the jet, outdated MiG-21s still flying, stalling on Rafale deal, PAK FA nowhere to be seen, no urgency of AMCA and Tejas going through its own troubles. The PAF purchasing Su-35s will scare the shit out of the IAF/GoI and deservedly so.

Do you not read other people's comments, before replying? Seriously?

I don't know, is @Oscar an Indian?

I'm done here.

& Oscar is an air force analyst ?seriously ?
Welldone I'm sure you are going to be the next director of NASA ?lolzz

Part of me hopes Pakistan purchases Su-35s, even if they are in a relatively small number ~36. For two reasons:

a) we will know where we stand with Russia, a sale of Su-35s to Pakistan will push us firmly towards the US/Israel/EU and also explore further partnerships with Japan and S.Korea. I'd say a sale of the Su-35 will kill any further new military dealings with Russia after this decade.

b) the IAF has been lacksadaisical, letting its squadron numbers drop, upgrading ancient Jaguars to extend every bit out of the jet, outdated MiG-21s still flying, stalling on Rafale deal, PAK FA nowhere to be seen, no urgency of AMCA and Tejas going through its own troubles. The PAF purchasing Su-35s will scare the shit out of the IAF/GoI and deservedly so.
Even going to west in search of a new massive platform will be a deadly mistake for IAF ?
From 10 years on words IAF can't cut itself from Russia even if it wants to kill all of its +flying cofins (mig 21s,23,25, 27s) jaguars ,sea harriers if you take out this junk IAF won't be more then 300 fighters in numbers hugely dependent on your mirages & mig 29s ,SU30 mki but it will be a fast fast , reactionary force ?
I think IAF should go & get as much as Rafael it can get from France , so it can fill in more number with modern day fighters in its inventory ,so at least 20 years from now IAF still stands as modern force ?
By going to USA is like shooting on your own foot , cause USA orders take long times to be delivered ?& surly no TOT ?
Israel,Japan or Korea havnt produced any platform yet ,they just can give you mutipliyers in radar or other specs ?
Best thing IAF should learn is not to buy any fighter jets in large numbers ?
So , end of the story let Pakistan get what it wants & India can get better then that from the same buyer ?

But his bad luck USSR or Russia was never UK's colony so for sure Russian don't like tea chahae Chae walae PM Modi ki hath ki he kiyon na ho
Ohh baba,
He can mix it with VODKA , you never know ?lolzz

Russia has only three Su-47, it doesn't progress much further anymore.

Forget Su-47
Berkut , is in process of modernisation & will be modified in conning few years for more experimentation.
But it will be inducted later in good numbers ?

Yeah, it is, too many issues but Russia mostly focus on latest Su-35/Su-30 rather than Su-47.
No its their very special project , they have kept it under covers so no one can think for buying it ?
Russians would have dumped it ,if its not that good but they didnt ?
All they want is to sell as much as SU-30---TILL SU 35 & then get SU -37 & 47S for themselves ?

I don't see why Russia can't sell Flankers to Pakistan, after all, they not only sold to China, but also India & Vietnam, two countires whom has issues with us. It is business after all.

A bit off the topic question..

as we all know that PAF pilots are also trained on su-27 series jets.. but can anyone confirm that did PAF pilots are training on Mig-29??

I think in comparative terms
MiG 35 = F15
Su35 = F18

Unlike many countrymen of mine, I'm not inclined to dismiss the talk of Su35 sale to Pakistan as just hot air. Nor am I buying the argument that this is simply a way to get India to buy more Russian planes. If Russia needed to go down that route, there can be many ways apart from showing this red flag. That would be a clumsy way of doing things & the Russians are certainly not stupid. There is something that might be happening here that is not yet very clear and the surmising happening here does not quite cut it.

Regardless of whether such a sale takes place, I believe that the cold war positioning is now history. This is the clearest indication (the offer itself) of a state of flux that will likely exist for a substantial period of time. We live in interesting times.

I think in comparative terms
MiG 35 = F15
Su35 = F18

F 15 is a heavier fighter, twin engined.

Unlike many countrymen of mine, I'm not inclined to dismiss the talk of Su35 sale to Pakistan as just hot air. Nor am I buying the argument that this is simply a way to get India to buy more Russian planes. If Russia needed to go down that route, there can be many ways apart from showing this red flag. That would be a clumsy way of doing things & the Russians are certainly not stupid. There is something that might be happening here that is not very clear and the surmising happening here does not quite cut it.

Regardless of whether such a sale takes place, I believe that the cold war positioning is now history. This is the clearest indication (the offer itself) of a state of flux that will likely exist for a substantial period of time. We live in interesting times.

F 15 is a heavier fighter, twin engined.
A long waited mature post !
Yes you are right & its called NWO but not what west ever planned ?
I think still India has the game in its hand but its berucracy more inclined towards kick backs crouption that was the reason why it still orders upgrading the flying coffins in large numbers ?
I think , India can sell its junk ,mig 21,23,25 ,jaguars etc etc to srilanka ,Bangladesh or others & can fill up Rafael in good numbers till it gets its hands on PAKFA ?
At that time ,it will have a lot more options in hand ?

Well, Moderator should either merge all SU35 thread in one single thread or leave the thread way it is....strange....( my thread was only informative purpose, not to discuss comparison or political aspect....)

Well, Moderator should either merge all SU35 thread in one single thread or leave the thread way it is....strange....( my thread was only informative purpose, not to discuss comparison or political aspect....)
Sir ,
With these kind of weapons politics always attached & we are emotional nations ?lolzz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom