What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
It won't be long before we see an official statement from PAF. Someone will annoy them enough to spill the beans.

Dear even 48 Su-35 with JF-17 will be enough to keep NATO at bay because our top of the line fighter will be able to engage enemy which it can't do now in case of NATO because PAF's F-16s don't see US allies as foe on their IFF.

1. First tell me how do you know 48 number is going to be procured. Are you counting the Chinese order.

2. IFF ?(Identification - Friends or Foe) pity can't it be replaced with Chinese or developed by NESCOM

3. Which top of the line fighter are you talking is it F-16 block 52 or JF-17 block 2/3 ?

Regarding bold part, this bird is a multi role jet and can perform variety of roles.

Hi,

Why would you want a 60 million jet to do the job that can be done by a 30 million JH7B

Will not take any step detrimental
to India’s security:Russia.

New Delhi, Sep 10: Russia today said that it will
never take any step detrimental to the security
and safety of its special strategic partner
India.Russian Embassy here issued a statement in
the backdrop of a report that said Russia and
Pakistan were in talks on the delivery of Russian
multirole Mi-35M attack helicopters and the latest
Su-35 fighter jets.
“Time and again, the Russian leaders have stated
at the highest level that Russia will never take
any steps detrimental to the security and safety
of our special and privileged strategic partner ?
India, or the security structure in the South Asian
region, or any other region for that matter,” the
statement said. (Also Read: India, Pakistan
membership in SCO to be finalised in 2016:
Russia)
“This assurance is fully valid today as it was
valid yesterday. This is the guideline of our
President’s foreign policy concept,” it said.”As
regards the newspaper report from Nizhni Tagil, it
is a sheer case of overstatement by the agency,
on the one hand, and of overreaction by a section
of the Indian media, – on the other,” it added.

Will not take any step detrimental to India's security:Russia | Latest News & Gossip on Popular Trends at India.com

Thank you for posting it. Russian embassy in India has pretty much confirmed that these talks exist. How far negotiations have progressed is anybody's guess.

People who can not read diplomatic language will likely not understand this. When a diplomat wants to deny a news they say there is no such thing happening. There have been no such words. What Russian embassy said was prepared response and in tune with the words of Russian deputy FM (who would be second in-line boss of embassies). Before deputy FM makes his statement, he would have informed Indian leadership and asked embassy in India to prepare suitable response to sooth resenting sentiments of Indian populace. This is exactly what the embassy has done. Indians seem happy with the Russian assurance and in the excitement entirely missed not only the missing denial but also that Mi-35 which happens to be a confirmed deal has also been mentioned in this statement! I have always been admirer of Russian diplomatic skills and they did not disappoint this time either.

Whether this deal goes through or not is entirely a different matter. Most likely it will not. But Russia has surely sent a message to Delhi and Pakistan has surely made inroads in Moscow.

because for few specialized mission demand that.

Hi,

They will be the primary missions---they will break the might of the indian navy in the region---2 sqdrn strengths and smash the enemy assets deep down on the coastline---.

Hi,

They will be the primary missions---they will break the might of the indian navy in the region---2 sqdrn strengths and smash the enemy assets deep down on the coastline---.
First let the deal be confirmed, let the deal be finalized, let the deal be signed, let the plane be arrive, let the pilot be trained, then think of smashing the enemy assets and break the might of the Indian navy in the region. The Indian Navy which have the potential to compete with the PAF, with 2 squardon what are you smoking.

First let the deal be confirmed, let the deal be finalized, let the deal be signed, let the plane be arrive, let the pilot be trained, then think of smashing the enemy assets and break the might of the Indian navy in the region. The Indian Navy which have the potential to compete with the PAF, with 2 squardon what are you smoking.

Sir,

At least allow us to indulge in our fancy for awhile---now could you please.

Sir,

At least allow us to indulge in our fancy for awhile---now could you please.

If Purchased Su-35 can be equipped with AL Babar and big bro of CM-400AKG, means greater range of strike with precision.

@Assault Rifle
Dude, can you give me a link to the Russian source?
This is all I'm getting when I search up one of the statements made by the Russians.
NvqiV9c.png
good work my friend you have close the chapter

But we can OUT SPEND you by a Factor of SIX at least

So First the French decided NOT to supply avionics for JF 17
because of Mirage 2000 upgrades and RAFALE deal

AND Now the Russians dont want to loose their Biggest client

LOL before you jump up and down with excitement EinStein, our jf17 is powered by Russian engines. Which at the time, if I remember correctly was also denied by the Russians to please the Indians. :smitten:

Hey
what happened to that's 126 Rafale deal:haha:

LOL before you jump up and down with excitement EinStein, our jf17 is powered by Russian engines. Which at the time, if I remember correctly was also denied by the Russians to please the Indians. :smitten:

Hey
what happened to that's 126 Rafale deal:haha:
All RD93 engines are coming from Russia via China, Do you have the MRO facility in your country because MRO work has been started thanks to low TBO of the Russian Engine of 600 hr.

As far as Rafale is concerned it is the matter of 189 not 126 Rafale F4,36 is coming from France in flyaway condition and rest will be made in the country.

How China Plans to Use the Su-35 | The Diplomat

This article provide good insights into utility of SU35s for China which I think will also become relevant to the Arabian Sea in due course of time. After completion of the CEPC, Arabian Sea will become the second most important sea to the Chinese after the South China sea and hence Gwadar and CEPC will require different layers of defence which can be provided by a mix of Chinese and Pakistani assets including sub-surface (6 new subs), surface (6 new MSA patrol ships plus new orders for larger ships expected) and finally long-range airborne assets. Among other, one of the challenges with SU35 and similar aircrafts for PAF is that they cannot leverage existing PAF infrastructure i.e. they will not fit in our existing HAS etc. So complete new infrastructure will be needed. Pakistan has started constructed of two new bases in the South one in Turbat and other just south of Hyderabad. It is possible to customize infrastructure at these bases for larger aircrafts such as the SU35. I would also not be surprised if PAF's interest is linked to recent Chinese purchase of SU35s or maybe even if the interest is based on an understanding reached with the Chinese. Chinese operating the aircraft is a hedge against the risk of sanctions and secondly having infrastructure in place for a common aircraft will allow PLAAF to bring in its own assets to PAF bases, if needed, in times of a crisis. Right now, PAF and PLAAF do not have common first line fighter aircraft. Same goes for support bases for Chinese subs and ships. So in my opinion there might be more to the SU35 news than meets the eye and the news should not be summarily rejected.

Last edited:
Off-topic rubbish, silly one liners and other talk will be deleted. If you persist then more direct action will be taken against you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom