What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
“It is too early to say if a deal will conclude and the terms,” the official said highlighting Russia’s willingness to sell advanced military hardware to Pakistan.

“Pakistan’s interest in the Su-35 was driven by the PAF’s need for a twin-engine fighter that can fly for a longer range than the JF-17 and penetrate more deeply into the enemy’s territory,’ the official revealed.

Case closed. Another article in same rumours. Russia says it's not sure.

Pakistan says it wants it

So Russia offered su35 or insisting to buy 35 is shattered .

Wise thing is to wait band watch as India's power play is not mentioned and Russias policy plan is up to them . As an Indian I reject it or even condemn it if sale happen. It's clear back stabbing by our trusted friend it's not a secret. I said summed it up I think

Actually your right .. the case is closed .. Just not in your favor though ...

See it's not really rumors when it has the likes of a Deputy FM saying we are holding talks with XYZ for a possible sale/delivery of ABC, as a representative of the supplier and being reported by a well reputed Internationally known news outlet ...

It's not simply rumors when an analyst puts up a specific country as a "potential customer" ... It's not simply a rumor when that potential customer goes out and says that yes, the talks are taking place ...

The only piece of evidence the Indian side is able to conjure up is a vague statement not attributed to any person in the upper echelon of authority ... just stated as a statement from the embassy ... with as vague as a statement that one could possibly give ... and the report is not even deemed worthy to quote in follow up articles about the deal originating from Sputnik or Janes ... not to mention the same agency reported that Russia's deputy PM was saying things such as

"You must understand that we do not deal with your enemies. We don't deliver any arms to them.... If you see otherwise, you may spit on my face,"

look today and Pakistan is importing RD-93 as the engine for the back bone of its airforce and purchasing MI-35's with orders potentially seeing expansion ... where Russia is ready to give us AL-31 on J-10 and is considering us a potential customer for SU-35 ...

Last edited:
So if you want to prove your point .. you will have to prove that PTI is much more credible then Janes or Sputnik International ... and that too in defense dealings ...
Bro, @Ind4Ever says one thing backs it up with fake PTI nonsense. I'm still waiting for his Reuters piece which, according to him, alleges that PAF denies Su-35 talks, titled, "PAF denies SU-35 negotiations and contracts: Reuters Journalist". :laugh: Where is this piece? :laugh:

If that makes you feel better then go along with it and enjoy mate. That's the way to for Hakuna Matata.

1)I still don't get it what SCO has to do with su35 sales... (skipping rest of nonsense)

Case closed . I as a reasonable person will wait and see . No one know what will happen. All I can say is on what I see
It's a load of drivel. Is this the best you can come up with? :laugh: How old are you, 15? Do yourself and all of us a favor and take your froth-filled jibber jabber to some Indian forum. You're only trolling here.

Actually your right .. the case is closed ... but not in your favor though ...
:laugh::laugh::tup:

you are getting more advance pakfa and upgrading already a deadly beast SU-30mki so here nothing back stabbing . infact you back stab or make them annoyed by rejecting them in mmrca and attack heli deal then why you condemn the deal . if you can reject a 40 year old friend then why that friend can't sell few advance weapons to Pakistan ?
I agree
and look at pak china they are a unit PAKISTAN friend is CHINAs friend and China enemy is PAKISTANs enemy
eg:
Source:Pakistan, China in pact to keep JF-17 tech away from US, India

Bro, @Ind4Ever says one thing backs it up with fake PTI nonsense. I'm still waiting for his Reuters piece which, according to him, alleges that PAF denies Su-35 talks, titled, "PAF denies SU-35 negotiations and contracts: Reuters Journalist". :laugh: Where is this piece? :laugh:

It's a load of drivel. Is this the best you can come up with? :laugh: How old are you, 15? Do yourself and all of us a favor and take your froth-filled jibber jabber to some Indian forum. You're only trolling here.

Actually, there was no Reuters piece .. what happened was that a journalist said that according to his source in PAF, there was no SU-35 talks etc.... over TWITTER! .. and an Indian friend of ours actually did start an entire thread based on that tweet alone ... There hasn't been any tweets regarding the topic since then ... no response to the report by Janes etc.

My respected colleague, @Ind4Ever seems to believe that the credibility of this tweet is such that it can negate the reports coming out of Janes or Sputnik ... The same being case with the PTI (press trust of India) report ... which again ... was very vague and never even contradicted the claims of the deputy FM of Russia ...

Actually, there was no Reuters piece .. what happened was that a journalist said that according to his source in PAF, there was no SU-35 talks etc.... over TWITTER! .. and an Indian friend of ours actually did start an entire thread based on that tweet alone ... There hasn't been any tweets regarding the topic since then ... no response to the report by Janes etc.
Ah I see, thanks for updating me on this twitter episode, and I can see why @Ind4Ever would clutch onto this so desperately and refer to it as "Reuters" piece that so conveniently disappears then. :partay:

My respected colleague, @Ind4Ever seems to believe that the credibility of this tweet is such that it can negate the reports coming out of Janes or Sputnik ... The same being case with the PTI (press trust of India) report ... which again ... was very vague and never even contradicted the claims of the deputy FM of Russia ...
:omghaha: I wondered why this piece regarding "spit on my face" was only found in Indian media. "Case closed".:enjoy:

Bro, i'm asking about mig-29... Did somewhere in the world paf pilots fly mig-29 like they are flying j-11 and su-30mkk in china??

Seriously, I don't have much information regarding PAF pilots flying Mig-29 anywhere in the world because its potential buyer is India and obviously with India, it can't happen.

By Bilal Khan

Su-35 to Pakistan? Probably Not.
By Bilal Khan

As with the Yak-130 story, there are reports floating around claiming that Pakistan may be interested in the Sukhoi Su-35, Russia’s current 4+/4.5 generation fighter. The short of my point is that it is very unlikely that Pakistan will pick up the Su-35. At the same time however, the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) not acquiring the Su-35 does not necessarily mean that Pakistan will not acquire other high-value systems from Russia. Yes, Russian-Pakistani defence relations are at an all-time high, especially with Moscow’s willingness to sell Pakistan RD-93 turbofans and Mi-35 assault helicopters, but it is important to manage expectations.

It is no secret that Pakistan’s purchase of the Mi-35 was seen as a major milestone for Pakistani-Russian commercial defence ties, especially since the Mi-35 (despite the Pakistan Army’s requirement for using it as part of its counter-insurgency efforts) is at heart an ‘offensive’ system. Perhaps more significant was Russia’s willingness to sell the RD-93 turbofan, which powers the JF-17, an increasingly vital pillar of Pakistan’s defensive and offensive strategies against external powers. There really is no room for Russia to claim that its arms-transfers to Pakistan are innocuous to India. Thus, if the PAF was genuinely interested and able to purchase it, then I am sure the Russians would sell the Su-35 to the PAF.

But herein lies the problem, the PAF is not interested in the Su-35. Yes, there have been some thoughtful calls on the part of many enthusiasts and even experts for the PAF (or even Pakistan Navy!) to buy the Su-35, or at least some kind of Flanker (e.g. the Chinese J-11B/D). The rationale stems in part from the fact that the Su-35 is a formidable long-range fighter with considerable payload. For long-range strike and maritime patrol operations, a fighter of the Flanker’s nature would, without doubt, be a valuable asset. Even the Indian Air Force’s Su-30MKI presents a real and serious problem for the PAF, and even with the advances coming up with JF-17 and the induction of the Block-52+/MLU, the Flanker is a major challenge.

At the same time however, the Su-35 has its drawbacks, and those drawbacks will be of particular concern to the PAF. The Flanker-series has shown itself to be a maintenance challenge, and even on a good day, a fighter as large and powerful as the Su-35 would require considerable resources in servicing and flight. As far as the PAF is concerned, the Su-35 would be a mismatch that could end up costing the PAF more than actually benefitting it. Do not construe this point for suggesting that the PAF does not need fighters with additional range and payload (compared to the JF-17), it does, but this fighter needs to be feasible enough to operate. What would be the point of possessing such a high-value asset if it cannot be flown regularly enough due to mounting maintenance and operational costs? And let us assume the PAF can regularly fly Su-35s, what about the opportunity costs of spending that extra money?

As far as I am concerned, talk about the PAF looking into the Su-35 is a non-starter. In fact, at this stage anyways, the PAF is probably looking into the Shenyang J-31 as the nucleus of a possible long-range flight element. In essence, the J-31 probably sit in the comfortable middle between the Su-35 and JF-17 in terms of improving upon the latter’s range and payload, but avoiding the former’s maintenance overhead. Yes, this is not happening any time soon, but let us be frank, the PAF is not in a position to immediately induct such platforms anyways. Pakistan’s general economic woes and internal inefficiencies aside, the country spent nearly $2 billion U.S on its recent campaign in Waziristan. It is difficult to expect to see the induction of an entirely new fighter type this soon.

With all that said, there is still significant room for growth in Pakistan’s relations with Russia. While the PAF is unlikely to acquire the Su-35 or Yak-130, there might be a chance to see it pursue Russian surface-to-air (SAM) missiles such as the S-300. The PAF has had a longstanding requirement for long-range SAMs and has made some attempts over the past decade or so to acquire this capability. If there were a chance for a truly landmark deal between Russia and Pakistan, then the S-300 would be it, though there is nothing at this stage to suggest that this is happening, unfortunately. Besides that, we can comfortably expect additional Mi-35, Mi-171 and perhaps even RD-93MA for use on the JF-17.

Su-35 to Pakistan? Probably Not.
Completely disagree with pathetic justification of maintanance issue

If u fear a maintanace issues than im sorry this state of mind will lead us to defeat just the sake of maintanace we wont buy SU 35 which is need of hour

J 31 needs a decade to be operational until than we sit like ducks

J 31 dont have maintanace issue but SU 35 has what rubbish when u defend ur country heart and sould these cheap pathetic justification blows my mind iff

Seriously, I don't have much information regarding PAF pilots flying Mig-29 anywhere in the world because its potential buyer is India and obviously with India, it can't happen.
mig-29 is being used by Algeria, Azerbaijan, Sudan, Syria, Iran, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Myanmar, North Korea, Uzbekistan, these countries have good defense relation with Pakistan..

Any Chances of PAA selling AH-1s and buying these:
50 Mi-35s for Paramilitary and SSGs
60-90 Z-10P in coming 10 years all 3 blocks (China might provide all of them for FREE coz of CPEC)
30 AH-1 Vipers

Any Chances of PAA selling AH-1s and buying these:
50 Mi-35s for Paramilitary and SSGs
60-90 Z-10P in coming 10 years all 3 blocks (China might provide all of them for FREE coz of CPEC)
30 AH-1 Vipers

I might have to deal with severe repercussion for this, but on behalf of the entire PDF community: Please shut the F U C K up.

Someone had to say it.

No, only you. Most people on this forum find you ridiculous, and disagree with you.
Disagreement means , I am not human & only you are without any wrongs leterliy a god ?lolzz
I mean thats ridiculous thinking ?isn't it ?
I think you should look at the thanks received by me , so you can understand that with many dislikes ?
There are peoples who likes my way of thinking ?
Look at that ,& be jealous ?
Mr ,fake god ?lolzz

Now read previous comments from where you left . That might help you . Am not gonna repeat it again and again. Su35 coming to Pakistan ... Will this make you happy?

Yo was is it?

You too. Rock on brother. It's party time
Pls stop living in the world of denial & instead , get brith in the world of possibilities ?

mig-29 is being used by Algeria, Azerbaijan, Sudan, Syria, Iran, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Myanmar, North Korea, Uzbekistan, these countries have good defense relation with Pakistan..

But we don't carry regular exercises with them mate, that's the point you need to get. Any of these countries is not a best friend of Pakistan nor the original manufacturer of Migs like China is of J-11s.

Check my above quote. Source of Russian denying any 35 sales to Pakistan. My point 3) and at least my point 2 also at least published once before taking it down. Now where is your source of Russia proposing Pakistan it's Ufo fighter 35
Janab zarwan had some secret source from which he gets his all these information and he is not only correct but also very very reliable and there is no point of discussion regarding the authenticity of the Source or its form, color, size, weight, and his language and the medium though which communicate.

zarwan sir I am with you.

Janab zarwan had some secret source from which he gets his all these information and he is not only correct but also very very reliable and there is no point of discussion regarding the authenticity of the Source or its form, color, size, weight, and his language and the medium though which communicate.

zarwan sir I am with you.
Kiya baat hai , moodi jee , jindabad ?lolzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom