What's new

Talks for Su-35, Mi-35 sales to Pakistan are underway: Russian Deputy FM

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still would prefer any other fighter over russian fighters in terms of quality from the first day im against Su35 not because its better but because we are purchasing a super jet from a close ally of india. I'd rather invest in chinese 5th generation wait till they are available.
Ok so PAF will wait 10 years for 5th gen Chinese jet and and then more 10 years for delivery
so PAF will wait 20 years for 5th gen jets and RUSSIA is creating Sukhoi/HAL FGFA for India What PAF will have to Do is to wait and wait let paf use outdated third gen jets
even Egypt Nigeria Indonesia are making their Air force strong.

Bhai for thise roads we have fx like jf 17 and F 16 we need what we dont have we buy it and please read my post get some sense out of it

We already have fx for smalll roads time to buy corolla for highway so it carry more passangers at once

Similarly SU 35 CARRY MORE PAYLOAD MORE POWER MORE ALTITUDE and it is open sky

What F 16 cant do SU 35 can do

USAF was not stupid when it had F 16 yet went for F 15 F 22 so in war you need different capabilities in different scinerios of war

In sea air you need to have twin engine jet this is why every navy uses twin engine jet because single engine wont do what twin engine jet can

We have more threat from sea now IN is growing and with CPEC and our sea borders stretched more we need potent fighter jet to cover sea Mirages cant do job alone

F 16 and Jf 17 mostly will fight in punjab and some sindh areas so sea area karachi thatha gwadar which potent jet u have only mirages against what mig 29k and SU30
100% agree with you paf is only in a position to defend its self they cant or damage enemies position or bases even we don't have naval fighter jet like mig and su are v good for naval use

I don't see why there is so much fuss about purchase of Su-35? Sooner or later PAF will have stealth/twin engine heavy aircrafts which IAF will simply deal with it. PAF will have max 5 squadrons of Su-35 whereas we already have 200+ Su-30 MKIs plus Mig-29s, Mirage 2000 etc.

Russia will do its business keeping their benefit in mind so are we. We are going to upgrade all the Su-30 MKI to super Sukohi standard and thus making it equivalent or superior to export version of Su-35. I am not even talking about new MRCA or FGFA induction which will be accelerated once any such deal takes place with PAF.

All this ofcourse provided that Russia choose to upset India and jeopardize defence deals worth billions of $$s it is having or will have in near future.

Keeping my skepticism aside for a bit ... lemme just give a couple of pointers ...

-The maximum number of SU-35's we will be looking for (if we decide for SU-35) would be around 2-3 squadrons .. nothing more then that ..

-The comparison of what IAF fields vs what the PAF fields does not tell the whole story because the conditions the IAF has to face ... versus the conditions PAF has to face are two different stories altogether ... PAF's main adversary is IAF ... while IAF has to face both PAF and PLAAF ..
So even in a war time situation, as a contingency it will have to field some of its strength towards China .. PAF on the other hand can go all out ...

Lastly, we know what the IAF has and plans with the Super Sukhoi upgrade ... do you know the versions of the SU-35 we're going for ... what type of avionics/weappon systems/radars etc It'll have because news flash SU-30 K and SU-30 MKI are completely in a different league ... similarly Chinese version of the SU-30 also features many differences from the SU-30 K which was initially offered to countries... and today we're seeing China focusing on next gen weaponry, you have an AESA onboard all the new fighters coming out .. be it JH-7B all the way to J-16 ... so let's not start pretending that IAF has a counter to everything without even knowing what PAF is getting ....

And while you talk of the fleet and the mix, just look at the sheer number of maintenance intensive jets that you field versus PAF, (talking about Mig-29/SU-30 MKI etc.) while PAF is looking for high availability from 4th generation jets that can negotiate any threat that IAF puts forward in JFT and F-16's and plans for higher ends in such numbers that maintenance doesn't become a headache ...

Last edited:
Disagreement means , I am not human & only you are without any wrongs leterliy a god ?lolzz
I mean thats ridiculous thinking ?isn't it ?
I think you should look at the thanks received by me , so you can understand that with many dislikes ?
There are peoples who likes my way of thinking ?
Look at that ,& be jealous ?
Mr ,fake god ?lolzz
First learn how to write basic english. There is a reason why you have so many negative ratings.

but sir it will be ok ? i mean pilots will have experience of tactics on which not flow much ?

Hi,

Once they reach their peak in training---then something like that may work----. But really---they are two different platforms---you cannot substitute one for the other----.

But the SU35 in itself is not enough-----we need a strike aircraft----.

Look at the enemy---3 times larger force than ours----and still has two varieties of deep strike aircraft---the Jaguar----the SU30----and then multirole aircraft as well---and to top that off---the SU30MKI to take the pure strike role as well air superiority.

So---basically---2 heavy aircrafts to fight against a puny little force-----. And we are not taking into account the M2K's at all or MIG 29's.

Last edited:
Hi,

Once they reach their peak in training---then something like that may work----. But really---they are two different platforms---you cannot substitute one for the other----.

Look at the enemy---3 times larger force than ours----and still has two varieties of deep strike aircraft---the Jaguar----the SU27----and then multirole aircraft as well---and to top that off---the SU30MKI to take the pure strike role as well.

So---basically---3 heavy aircrafts to fight against a puny little force-----.
sir we can not match one by one to themand IAF have su-27 ?
and abut jaguar i did not consider it a heavy fighter abut heavy fighters like mig-29 and su-30 they have are real threat and we need to counter them . one more very important field is ignored the long range SAMs . we need them as much as we need heavy fighters

Ok so PAF will wait 10 years for 5th gen Chinese jet and and then more 10 years for delivery
so PAF will wait 20 years for 5th gen jets and RUSSIA is creating Sukhoi/HAL FGFA for India What PAF will have to Do is to wait and wait let paf use outdated third gen jets
even Egypt Nigeria Indonesia are making their Air force strong.

100% agree with you paf is only in a position to defend its self they cant or damage enemies position or bases even we don't have naval fighter jet like mig and su are v good for naval use
thats an exaggerated figure I assure u its no more than 7 yrs max that PAF will be flying these.

guys one more from sputnik
Real Deal: Pakistan Confirms Interest in Russian Su-35 Fighters

and abut jaguar i did not consider it a heavy fighter abut heavy fighters like mig-29 and su-30 they have are real threat and we need to counter them . one more very important field is ignored the long range SAMs . we need them as much as we need heavy fighters
who told u mig 29 is heavy fighter payload same as jft block 2 & mig 29 upg

anyone else thought of the following possibility:

China and Russia negotiations on Su-35 has been in deadlock for some time due to numbers, i believe it is because Russians wants to sell China as many as they can because they know China will reverse engineer their own version, Pakistan purchases a squad or two of Su-35 (maybe China gives us soft loans for the cause thus eliminating the financial aspect) and there you go reverse engineering problem solved for China without purchasing 60+ Su 35 while Pakistan uses the limited units to learn and enhance the tactics on the platform ...

just a thought

anyone else thought of the following possibility:

China and Russia negotiations on Su-35 has been in deadlock for some time due to numbers, i believe it is because Russians wants to sell China as many as they can because they know China will reverse engineer their own version, Pakistan purchases a squad or two of Su-35 (maybe China gives us soft loans for the cause thus eliminating the financial aspect) and there you go reverse engineering problem solved for China without purchasing 60+ Su 35 while Pakistan uses the limited units to learn and enhance the tactics on the platform ...

just a thought
what if russia set terms? and what abut future do you want to close Russian door for a single jet fighter ? not good idea backstabbing russia

what if russia set terms? and what abut future do you want to close Russian door for a single jet fighter ? not good idea backstabbing russia

Happened before with F-16's didn't it?

I have heard it is without AESA radar. If true, should we opt for it.

Imran Khan,

We don't need a lot of them---3 sqdrn's of SU35 or J11D's and 3 sqdrn's of JH7B's-----air to surface Babur cruise missiles---LR SA missiles and then let us see where the threats comes from---.

Hi,

Look at the enemy---3 times larger force than ours----and still has two varieties of deep strike aircraft---the Jaguar----the SU27----and then multirole aircraft as well---and to top that off---the SU30MKI to take the pure strike role as well.

So---basically---3 heavy aircrafts to fight against a puny little force-----.

When did your prime enemy get SU27, unless you are referring to China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom