What's new

'Talk to India over basing US troops to tackle terror groups'

I hope the US does realize that this move will cause a shit storm in Islamabad, it will just give reason to reinforce the paranoia felt in Pakistan

You have to ask this question " Are they even concerned about Islamabad's sensitivity?" - they didn't think of it when they made the phone call to Mushy and asked him "Are you with us or against us?".

But nothing to worry here, it's India which has to live in this neighborhood not America, we know that we should not antagonize our neighbors - but that cannot be said about Pakistani's though.

Not going to happen .... ever .
Yup, nor should it.

Foreign troops in India :lol: Americans keep forgetting that Indian is not some tin pot republic.
And you seem to be confusing a "think tank's" views with the American people or government. Americans don't even want troops in Iraq or Afghanistan, which is why withdrawing from both is about the most popular thing President Obama is doing right now.

Yup, nor should it.

And you seem to be confusing a "think tank's" views with the American people or government. Americans don't even want troops in Iraq or Afghanistan, which is why withdrawing from both is about the most popular thing President Obama is doing right now.

American think tank nonetheless.

I hope the US does realize that this move will cause a shit storm in Islamabad, it will just give reason to reinforce the paranoia felt in Pakistan
Jeez, people! Does no one get that the Council on Foreign Relations is just a private "think tank"? It is not a proposal by the US president. It is not favoured by the American people and it is never going to happen!

India aint a pushover like its neighbour :P

American think tank nonetheless.
Yes, and there are American private organizations dedicated to proving that Elvis did not die but was taken aboard a UFO.....but their ideas are not reflective of the American government or people either.

Last edited:
Jeez, people! Does no one get that the Council on Foreign Relations is just a private "think tank"? It is not a proposal by the US president. It is not favoured by the American people and it is never going to happen!

Why do you vehemently defend a country that is not yours?

Wasn't India allow British troop in India for over 300 yrs, why not allow US troop in India to put more pressure on China and Pakistan? Allow India to become world superpower will US military might footprints on India land.

Why do you vehemently defend a country that is not yours?
:what: Which country am I defending that is not mine and how am I defending it? I'm simply pointing out that just because some "think tank" comes up with something, that does not make it a government policy that is even being contemplated nor something that the American people would even want.

think-tank.jpg
:cheesy:
:cheesy::feminist:

Its just a suggestion from a think tank. They did not think it through properly this time. :)

Guantanamo is US controlled territory. Cubans cannot send troops there.

Philippine ask US to leave bases there and US complied. Once US have bases in India, US would leave immediately once asked to do so. The US bases there would still be Indian territory. Trust me, there is a lot of good with US bases in India. First the think tanks will talk about it. And then the military officials. and then soon, the officials will start test water.

Think Tanks and American officials can wetdream all they want but not going to happen .

Back
Top Bottom