What's new

Taliban warn of reprisal if PML-N govt hangs militants

How do you get to the willing part? How does someone who refuses to acknowledge that they are sick, ever get better??

We've just got to get over being Defensive about being Muslim -- truth is that talib and leJ they are inspired by islam, that suicide bomber shouting Allahu Akbar before he kills is also inspired by Islam

And all those repulsed by such behavior are also inspired by Islam

Unless we can be clear about the good guys and the bad guys and WHY they are good guys and WHY they are bad guys, we can be sure that we will bleed such that whatever is left of Islam after wards, will find few takers - is that what those of us who want to play osterich or defensive really want?

Because thats what these people have been indoctrinated to believe. Is it wrong? Absolutely.

Maybe the current generation is a lost hope. But there is a new generation out there and they can be prevented from that toxic indoctrination.

There are people who recognize that there is a problem, they just need to be more active about it. And the people in power need to stop playing games and complacent with toxic ideologies

@RescueRanger

What is this ' Dendar tabqaa ' that we secular and liberals * Mullah cant differentiate between both anyways * are trying to kill ? My parents sure as hell didn't migrate for the system or Sharia these terrorists are trying to implement of intolerance and barbarism , we sure didn't migrate to get our freedom of choice and expression intruded upon by these extremists and we sure as hell didn't come here because we wanted to forfeit/give up our human rights ! We have other reasons , who the hell do they think they are trying to convince anyways ? Why doesn't a religious person ask these SOBs the question why are they killing people indiscriminately and blowing left and right murdering innocents they dont even know and have no beef with ? Anyone , or the bearded man is silent for the terrorists ? The same venom he spew towards his own country is strong but there is no question for his brother-in-beard .

P.S I mean no offense to any bearded man here , just the extremists .

Last edited by a moderator:
Reading your posts - salient points:

1. up to 50 percent of Pak pop is supportive or sympathizer
2. Anti Westernism is a ploy to focus attention elsewhere, like a magicians diversion
3. The Army is in shambles, can't tell friend from foe
4. Extremists are akin to cancer cells, contrary to your assertion they need a host - yes msall groups in the UK, but all the actors have one thing in common, training in Pakistan

Looking at this, does it inspire hope? or is it everyman for himself - you guys should study Afghanistan more carefully.

Indeed , what hope is there when you have a feudal/tribal leader or at times even a Mullah telling the poor and illiterate whom to vote and select the next Govt ? There is no merit , it is quite simple .

He's gone , well . Pakistan will continue to pay for the foreseeable future , let there be no doubt .

Hope is Eternal ? :D Yes , it is .

Exactly, being pessimistic will not get anyone anywhere.

Be realistic but have a bit of optimism to motivate you.

The government came up with this:

Fighting terror: Draft policy aims to dismantle terror networks – The Express Tribune

Fighting terrorism: Nisar unveils plans for joint intelligence secretariat – The Express Tribune

lets see if they actually act seriously

@RescueRanger

What is this ' Dendar tabqaa ' that we secular and liberals * Mullah cant differentiate between both anyways * are trying to kill ? My parents sure as hell didn't migrate for the system or Sharia these terrorists are trying to implement , we sure didn't migrate to get our freedom of choice and expression intruded upon by these extremists and we sure as hell didn't come here because we wanted to forfeit/give up our human rights ! We have other reasons , who the hell do they think they are trying to convince anyways ?

Sir, Pakistani are caught between a rock and a hard place. As someone once told me, humara Problem hain AAA: Army, America or Allah Party... Ye teeno jab eik dusoorey ke sat hat mil key beth jayen to Pakistan key sarey masley door ho saktey hain.

Problem with Allah Party, they only know one way... Problem with Army: They try to do good but get mocked for it anyway, when they go hands off people call them incompetent... And as for America: Well we all know how that goes.
@muse, sir no disrespect intended and forgive the forwardness of my question.. But did the chaps at Quilliam plant you here as a mole? :P

@RescueRanger

What is this ' Dendar tabqaa ' that we secular and liberals * Mullah cant differentiate between both anyways * are trying to kill ? My parents sure as hell didn't migrate for the system or Sharia these terrorists are trying to implement of intolerance and barbarism , we sure didn't migrate to get our freedom of choice and expression intruded upon by these extremists and we sure as hell didn't come here because we wanted to forfeit/give up our human rights ! We have other reasons , who the hell do they think they are trying to convince anyways ? Why doesn't a religious person ask these SOBs the question why are they killing people indiscriminately and blowing left and right murdering innocents they dont even know and have no beef with ? Anyone , or the bearded man is silent for the terrorists ? The same venom he spew towards his own country is strong but there is no question for his brother-in-beard .

P.S I mean no offense to any bearded man here , just the extremists .

Unfortunately, that is the quandary of trying to take "Sirat-e-Mustaqeem". You are branded secular and liberal at one end and terrorist sympathizer at the other.

Sir, Pakistani are caught between a rock and a hard place. As someone once told me, humara Problem hain AAA: Army, America or Allah Party... Ye teeno jab eik dusoorey ke sat hat mil key beth jayen to Pakistan key sarey masley door ho saktey hain.

Problem with Allah Party, they only know one way... Problem with Army: They try to do good but get mocked for it anyway, when they go hands off people call them incompetent... And as for America: Well we all know how that goes.
@muse, sir no disrespect intended and forgive the forwardness of my question.. But did the chaps at Quilliam plant you here as a mole? :P

Again with the respect - I'm no mole, and I think you are projecting.

Now about the AAA, it''s once again such a effeminate position, poor pakistanis , always being acted upon, those bangles must hurt ===== There is only one way for dealing with the problem, you engage in she speech, you have an accident, you mouith off about other sects , you have an accident, you are an army officer witha soft spot for the Jamaat, you have an accident -- You a tribal and want to be in the game , you and your entire family all of them have an accident =- you print hate material, you have an accident

But of course I sound uncivil and I'm sure there will be new policies thst will require foreign funding .

Reading your posts - salient points:

1. up to 50 percent of Pak pop is supportive or sympathizer
2. Anti Westernism is a ploy to focus attention elsewhere, like a magicians diversion
3. The Army is in shambles, can't tell friend from foe
4. Extremists are akin to cancer cells, contrary to your assertion they need a host - yes msall groups in the UK, but all the actors have one thing in common, training in Pakistan

Looking at this, does it inspire hope? or is it everyman for himself - you guys should study Afghanistan more carefully.

1. Yes, I am more and more convinced of this.
2. Yes and No, Anti-Westernism, Anti-__insert sect or ideology here______
3.Incorrect, the Army is not in shambles but they have only recently realized the folly of their idealogical approach.
4. In the 80's it was Lebanon, in the 60's it was Cuba or South America.. Just as one goes to Silicone valley to build a career in I.T. It has nothing to do with Pakistan and yet everything to do with it.

Afghanistan is different from us in a few ways in terms of influence and dynamics. However, there is always potential to drag us to a condition close to it.
Inspiring hope is less important as to inspiring change. Change is better than hope. Change makes you move. It was change that inspired a noticeable change(even if misplaced) in the recent elections. Further change will align itself to better and better causes. However, that being said there is always the clear and probable endgame in which the ratio goes from 49/51 50/50 to 80/20. In that scenario then Pakistanis have made their choice and the likes of you and me are no longer welcome to be part of that equation.

Unfortunately, that is the quandary of trying to take "Sirat-e-Mustaqeem". You are branded secular and liberal at one end and terrorist sympathizer at the other.

I dont know whether it is a religious person , pro Pakistani , secular , liberal , or both communists at one end , but I sure know if you aren't with us , you are against us , so there's either a terrorist/terrorists sympathizer at other . The time for neutrality is well past , isn't it ?

I dont know whether it is a religious person , pro Pakistani , secular , liberal , or both communists at one end , but I sure know if you aren't with us , you are against us , so there's either a terrorist/terrorists sympathizer at other . The time for neutrality is well past , isn't it ?

Yes 110% yes. Either with us or against us, we don't want any Saeed's and we don't need any Marvi's...

Atta boy - old Dubba might have something huh? Yes, it's awful to contemplet but I am persuaded that even thise who are offened and would bever say so in public, will think it privately - really there is increasingly no choice

Sir here the murtad and traitors are your Armed Forces which was led by Musharraf when they betrayed Muslims and ALLAH and his RASOOL SAW and attacked Muslims to please USA the power of kufr

fighting the enemies of state is the duty of the armed forces, and thre is nothing unislamic about it
Kingdom of Suadi Arabia and Bahrain do it all the time.
now if Americans are funding us to fight the fitna then whats wrong with that?

Back
Top Bottom