What's new

Tajikistan agrees to give land to China

Although China has 9.6 million km^2 of territory, every centimeter is 100% necessary and essential. This 1000 km^2 is a small step forward but we've given up much disputed territory.

i think both countries will shrink in territory on map after negotiation, nothing but bargain skills. there is a chinese saying ‘漫天要价,坐地还钱“

after reading the news, i guess china might gain a few defacto territory?

what are you going to do with this 1000 sq km. of land??you are already the third largest country in the world..

When you've go the world's largest population, you'll take whatever land you can get.

well, maybe there are japanese fisherman who have also fished there for thousands of years

possible but not probable. I guess Okinawan might once fish there?Okinawa were annexed by japan in 1895 sino-japanese war.

but Okinwa was still farther to these rocks than taiwan. Japan's stance on this issue is too agressive. they don't have right to arrest chinese fishmen.

possible but not probable. I guess Okinawan might once fish there?Okinawa were annexed by japan in 1895 sino-japanese war.

but Okinwa was still farther to these rocks than taiwan. Japan's stance on this issue is too agressive. they don't have right to arrest chinese fishmen.

so do something about it?

actually it's pretty minor with japan too. just 2 rocks in the middle of a ocean. but since japan is involved... you know...

**** gets real.
It's not just the rocks, but the area surrounding it.

Oil, gets everyone worked up.

well, maybe there are japanese fisherman who have also fished there for thousands of years
The two rocks and its surrounding seas were traditionally the domain of the Ryuku Kingdom, a Chinese tributary state. It was annexed by Japan during the Qing dynasty when China was weakened by internal problems and Western invasion. Japanese renamed it Okinawa.

The Treaty of Potsdam stated it was to be returned to China, but Americans went back on their word to use it as a forward base in Asia.

and what did Tajikistan get in return?

didn't understand the benefit of Tajikistan in this deal (sorry read the first page only and couldn't find my answer there)

so do something about it?

i think not in our best interests to escalate it to a war. but i am not in the position to do sth.:lol:

even if Hu Jintao is tired of being president and requested me take his position, which is very unlikely, :partay: i would be even more discrete.

Will not do.
The Chinese people hate war.
We want a peaceful life, and we do not support the hawks.

We don't want war, but enemies want war.

What are we going to do? If you don't want war, then being prepared for a war.

And hawks would kill the corruption that reside inside of China.

Back
Top Bottom