What's new

Tajikistan agrees to give land to China

20071216_twdt2.gif

in short china has territorial disputes with every neighbor.

Qing empire?

Thats like Indians posting the British Raj......

british-india-atlas.jpg

Qing Empire was Sinicized, is British Empire Hinduized?

In that case I consider the whole East Asia "Sinoized" in a sense.. Hinduized? I hope you know there are Indians like me that are not Hindus. Indianized?

Greeks that was left over from Alexander was also "Indianized" too, but we dont claim those Indo-Greek kingdoms. Or the Kushans.

In that case I consider the whole East Asia "Sinoized" in a sense.. Hinduized? I hope you know there are Indians like me that are not Hindus. Indianized?

I know what you mean, China was the origin of East Asian civilization so then it must all belong to China right? Wrong. Not not all East Asian countries came under the Chinese Empire (Japan and Korea for ex), but all those who were became absorbed into China and were solidified by linguistic and cultural assimilation.

I know what you mean, China was the origin of East Asian civilization so then it must all belong to China right? Wrong. Not not all East Asian countries came under the Chinese Empire (Japan and Korea for ex), but all those who were became absorbed into China and were solidified by linguistic and cultural assimilation.

China just has the dominate culture and influence in that area, so through cultural diffusion China neighborer have taken much from China.

India's approach to its neighbours , is the Indian way.....

Peaceful co-existence , Acceptance of the Status quo , and concerning China if they understand well and good . Else its bickering and tense relations - Bad for the world .

I'm not interested for you and the Indian Self world.

china agree to settle the dispute getting only 3 percent of the disputed lands
why dont we change the title a little
china cedes 27000 square KM to Tajikistan

what country does this from a position of power and strength and wealth if it did not truly seek peace? would india give up 97% of its claims against say Bhutan? would the US against Haiti?

There's a reason for that. You can only cede territory that you control.

I'm not interested for you and the Indian Self world.

......In ref to your post about the way you think India should deal with disputes . Surprising you would bother to post your views if you didn't want to discuss them :/ ? apologies nevertheless....

Tajikistan: Officials Say Swastika Part Of Their Aryan Heritage

The swastika may be known the world over as the symbol of Nazi Germany and it may be banned in some states for that reason, but in Tajikistan it appears on placards, banners, and billboards with the blessing of the state.

For officials in Dushanbe, the swastika is above all a symbol of national identity. Most Tajik historians now maintain that Tajiks are of Aryan origin, and argue that Aryan or Indo-European civilization must therefore be studied and promoted. It is an argument now accepted by the state. Indeed, the revival of Aryan culture is now official policy of Dushanbe: 2006 will be celebrated in Tajikistan as the year of Aryan civilization.

Changing Interpretations

The authorities say the swastika’s now widespread adoption in Tajikistan has nothing to do with Nazism and fascism. “Throughout history, interpretations of this symbol have changed,” notes Abduhakim Sharipov, head of a department in the Soghd regional administration. He, like other officials, emphasizes the swastika is a symbol of Aryan culture that has existed for many centuries. “We all know that fascism used this symbol for its purposes. This symbol therefore carries negative connotations for many…[but] we should not limit ourselves to only one interpretation.”

When the swastika first appeared, in India, it was as a sign of eternity and eternal motion. The newer, positive connotations that the Tajik authorities want the swastika to gain were outlined two years ago by President Imomali Rakhmonov when he declared 2006 the year of Aryan culture: the aim of the year is, he said, to “study and popularize Aryan contributions to the history of the world civilization; to raise a new generation [of Tajiks] with the spirit of national self-determination; and to develop deeper ties with other ethnicities and cultures.”

Linguistically, the Tajiks are closely tied to the Persians, who since ancient times have used the term Aryan to describe themselves and their language.

The Tajik historian and ethnographer Usto Jahonov supports both the state’s desire to raise awareness of Tajikistan’s Aryan heritage and the use of the swastika. :hang2:

That's racist and is basically a publicity stunt. The Tajik people are not purely of Aryan descent. Many have more Asian feature (what about them?) Might as well further divide an already small country and lead to civil war. Kind of sick that one would have that type of thinking.

China just has the dominate culture and influence in that area, so through cultural diffusion China neighborer have taken much from China.

qing is china because the qing invaders become a local dynasty, infact over the time of its rule it forgot its own language and learned Chinese, it losts it own customs and adopted those in china(with exceptions), today they are one of dozens of different ethnicity. this what we mean when we say sinolized. british india on the other hand saw indians learn english, the government of Britain didnt change to model on those of india it the other way around. the british islands isnt indian territory and a minority at that.

in those other countries influence by china, the chinese governmetn is not their government, many didnt adoped chinese languege out right(ex japan borrowed characters but their languege is theirs)

Back
Top Bottom