What's new

Tajik Army officer stuns Indian delegation with flawless Hindi

well from your comment i can generalize and say Pakistan is the biggest ignorant country in this whole damn world....but i am not ignorant like you :)

we indians are language loving people and india is a land where each language has its own beauty...even english is indianised here :) if you have heard about indian english....mother tongue is something which never leaves one..one might speak in other language but one will always think in his mother tongue..

Ignorant? Where did that come from?

Language loving? No. Believe me its surrender. Other countries can get by without english, why can't you?

Mother tongue never leaves you? I have seen indian x-factor, and the judges can't speak hindi without a sentence in english.

we surrendered it so that our lil'l southie brothers live happily while learning foreign languages and giving peace to their egos by learning them especially the 'world language' :lol:

Whose stopping you brother. Go and learn in Hindi and be limited to just inside Hindi Belt.

Make sure in the next election you vote for that narrow minded 'English Bashers'.

Language loving? No. Believe me its surrender. Other countries can get by without english, why can't you?

Mother tongue never leaves you? I have seen indian x-factor, and the judges can't speak hindi without a sentence in english.
we like to mix our languages...In maharashtra there are many types of marathi...pure marathi,marathi mixed with telugu,marathi mixed with tulu,marathi mixed with konkani,marathi mixed with kannada also marathi mixed with english...
same goes for hindi....hindi is not our national language and nobody is forced to learn it....we learn english just like every other south asian nation learns it....but that does not mean we surrender our language....we have many regional language channels and news channels which shows what we prefer..

Yes. Similar people, similar illnesses...

No we are not similar people. From your statement it seems you have a problem with English but we (some like BJP may disagree) have no problem with it and is happy to do our higher education in that 'wretched' language.

Whose stopping you brother. Go and learn in Hindi and be limited to just inside Hindi Belt.

I have already answered you post. just check 10, 11 and 12 pages of this thread.

or you are just asking it again and again just to troll :azn:

interestingly much of today's generation in mumbai (dont want to make it a north-south thingy, so lets settle for fairly cosmopolitan mumbai..) speak a devised tongue consisting of a weird marathi-hindi mix, tuti futi english, and mind you the words are english, yet the sentence construction reminds one of hindi,and a few phoren words like dude,ciao (which they often spell as chao).i was lucky to have study in an AE Central School, where the level of instruction is fairly standard and thus I had no problems with my hindi, my english or my sanskrit.Yet I am afraid one cannot say that most of India's 'english speaking' population speaks it well, with everyone from Jats, to marathis, to Bongiya bandhus, or the kannadigas manage to bend it to their own wills.one cannot say it is their mistake but i think the level of school education must improve in this direction.In spite of having so many languages not many can speak one language well enough to understand technical,legal documents and the like

Which other countries are you speaking off...May be developed countries like France, Germany, Japan or homogenous countries like Korea, China etc. None of the countries that you may have in mind doesn't have so much diversity as India has.

No we are not similar people. From your statement it seems you have a problem with English but we (some like BJP may disagree) have no problem with it and is happy to do our higher education in that 'wretched' language.

how can you claim that all Indians have no problem with english?? you alone do not represent all India

those like me constitute nearly half of the Indian Population i.e nearly half billion :azn:

how can you claim that all Indians have no problem with english?? you alone do not represent all India

those like me constitute nearly half of the Indian Population i.e nearly half billion :azn:

Ok lets do higher education in Malayalam, how about that?

Which other countries are you speaking off...May be developed countries like France, Germany, Japan or homogenous countries like Korea, China etc. None of the countries that you may have in mind doesn't have so much diversity as India has.

Pick a language (one of your own) and make it the national language; as long as its your own.

Make it an international language.

Bat for your language, not somebody elses.

Had you eliminated english early on, one of your languages would have developed nationally.

Urdu meaning "lashkar" or a military group in Turkish language was the language
of muslims in this region,

BBC - Languages - A Guide to Urdu - A brief history of Urdu

The word "URDU" is a Turkish word and it means "an army or legion". Modern Urdu has taken almost 900 years to develop to its present form. The old Urdu was a mixture of Turkish, Persian and Arabic and was the language of the most powerful warrior tribes of Central Asia. These tribes would invade, conquer and occupy areas within easy reach for their wealth, gold, silver and precious stones. Wherever these tribes went, they took their language which had an amazing mingling and absorbing local words and proverbs.

Scholars, learned men and tribesmen from Central Asia brought 'Old Urdu', called 'Reekhta, to the Indian Subcontinent early in the 12th century AD. In the late 1400 and early 1500, under the patronage of the Moghales, modern Urdu started taking shape to be used in poetry, prose and plays.

Urdu is written from right to left just like Arabic and Persian. Urdu has 39 basic letters and 13 extra characters, all together 52 and most of these letters are from Arabic and a small quantity from Persian. It has almost all the 'sounds' available in any other language spoken in the world.

Btw i had an iranian friend sitting with me a few days ago, when he read my ID card, he could tell what each and every line meant..cuz of the common words between Urdu and Farsi.

The name Urdu itself isn't older then Hindawi or Hindi, etc.

No one brought Old Urdu or Rekhta to India. Rekhta ITSELF is a Persianized form of the Khariboli dialect already present in India. That's the reason why it means "molded". Indian Muslims, and Muslims outside India who entered India mixed the local dialect with other languages from the Middle East. Even changing the script to Arabic style.

Hindi, Urdu all have a kinship with the ancient language, Prakrit.

Ok lets do higher education in Malayalam, how about that?

its fine for me..
in fact good for India as whole..

at least someone would not liker foreign language, and would learn in its own language, how about that?

Pick a language (one of your own) and make it the national language; as long as its your own.

Make it an international language.

Bat for your language, not somebody elses.

Had you eliminated english early on, one of your languages would have developed nationally.

You have only 4 provinces and about 4 main languages and they all share a common script. Yet you cannot adopt a single language to be medium of instruction in your educational system, then how you can say about India with 15 official languages. And also 1971 is a clear example of what would happen if we try to force a particular language on a group of people.

With all the talk of China being the next super power, how many of us really cared to learn Chinese. Which means English will remain global language for a long time to come.

its fine for me..
in fact good for India as whole..

at least someone would not liker foreign language, and would learn in its own language, how about that?

You are kidding right. You are saying that you are ready to for go Hindi and try learn Malayalam , one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn, than do the same with English.

I as a Malayalee would very much like to learn all the way upto Phd in Malayalam, but I am also aware of the limitations of my language that it is spoken only only 3.5 million people, has a limited vocabulary when compared to English and above all education in Malayalam language will confine me to the small state of Kerala and its not favorable for a state like Kerala whose number one export is human resources.

---------- Post added at 01:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 AM ----------

you kiddin? kannada or manipuri is better..

How about Tulu?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom