What's new

Tajik Army officer stuns Indian delegation with flawless Hindi

You are kidding right. You are saying that you are ready to for go Hindi and try learn Malayalam , one of the most difficult languages in the world to learn, than do the same with English.

i m not kidding, not a problem for me to learn one more Indian language, if our country is going to declare malyalam as national language. At least we are not going to learn foreign language any more

You have only 4 provinces and about 4 main languages and they all share a common script. Yet you cannot adopt a single language to be medium of instruction in your educational system, then how you can say about India with 15 official languages. And also 1971 is a clear example of what would happen if we try to force a particular language on a group of people.

With all the talk of China being the next super power, how many of us really cared to learn Chinese. Which means English will remain global language for a long time to come.

You keep using the word global/international, as if that is a reason to surrender to English. In most countries english is taught as a foreign language, and that is considered enough.

What I notice about the sub-continent is that people don't even have the will to use their own language. ( I live in Europe.) They have accorded such a status to english that they want to surrender their language.

Europeans have a totally different mindset.

Eliminating english would have forced an indian language to replace it. But I don't think you even have the will.

You keep using the word global/international, as if that is a reason to surrender to English. In most countries english is taught as a foreign language, and that is considered enough.

What I notice about the sub-continent is that people don't even have the will to use their own language. ( I live in Europe.) They have accorded such a status to english that they want to surrender their language.

Eliminating english would have forced an indian language to replace it. But I don't think you even have the will.

if it is that easy in our subcontinent then why has pakistan not given up english yet? your constitution is still written in english..

Whatever.. atleast its helping you and me to communicate here.

What if i knew just my mother tongue and national language..

Ninakku valla mairum manasilakumo?

I dont have any problem in agreeing with pakistani if he is talking sensibly :cheers:

i m not kidding, not a problem for me to learn one more Indian language, if our country is going to declare malyalam as national language. At least we are not going to learn foreign language any more

Maine paathsala mein padnake avsar mein Hindi seekh liya (3rd language). Agla baari aap ka hai mera bhai.

Whatever.. atleast its helping you and me to communicate here.

What if i knew just my mother tongue and national language..

Ninakku valla mairum manasilakumo?

Do you miss the point on purpose?

IF YOU LEARN ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE THEN WE CAN COMMUNICATE.

Our dispute is one of mindset. In europe not a single country would surrender their language, but for some people on the sub-continent surrendering their language is a matter of pride.

Do you miss the point on purpose?

IF YOU LEARN ENGLISH AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE THEN WE CAN COMMUNICATE.

Our dispute is one of mindset. In europe not a single country would surrender their language, but for some people on the sub-continent surrendering their language is a matter of pride.

In europe they all speak one language in their respected country..
India is a collection of Europe. Lots of states with their own language ..
And nobody gonna surrender their language.

Pls don't comment on things you have very less knowledge about. In Kerala and in other Indian states all documents pertaining to Govt is made in the regional language.The extensive use of English is only in the education sector that too in the higher education.This is done mainly to safeguard the future of students.

Pls don't comment on things you have very less knowledge about. In Kerala and in other Indian states all documents pertaining to Govt is made in the regional language.The extensive use of English is only in the education sector that too in the higher education.This is done mainly to safeguard the future of students.

Didn't know that. Good to hear.

@ Liquid .......dude you have the freedom to disagree..i gave you a BBC link regarding history of Urdu language, after all Urdu was the language which was spoken in what is todays Pakistan and today's Northern India and Kashmir along with regional languages (Pushto, Punjabi, Kashmiri ..etc)....you guys later changed the script to a local indianized script and replaced a few words with words from sanskrit and started calling it Hindi.
BBC - Languages - A Guide to Urdu - A brief history of Urdu

Back
Top Bottom