What's new

Tajik Army officer stuns Indian delegation with flawless Hindi

@ Liquid .......dude you have the freedom to disagree..i gave you a BBC link regarding history of Urdu language, after all Urdu was the language which was spoken in what is todays Pakistan and today's Northern India and Kashmir along with regional languages (Pushto, Punjabi, Kashmiri ..etc)....you guys later changed the script to a local indianized script and replaced a few words with words from sanskrit and started calling it Hindi.
BBC - Languages - A Guide to Urdu - A brief history of Urdu

the Hindustani language (Hindi/Urdu) is derived from the Khariboli dialect of Delhi..... area wise West U.P and southwest Uttarakhand

Sanskrit is Infact the Mother of all Living Languages... Tamil Have many words of Sanskrit ... But its not the Other way around... So its proves Sanskrit is Oldest language...

& its a Other Fact that Sanskrit Like Hinduism didnt origin in India... & all South India Language came from Tamil But the Tamil Itself came from Sanskrit...

Sanskrit is the Oldest Language while Tamil is the Oldest Living Language...

In a single word - No.

And Tamil does not have many words from Sanskrit. Just some loan words.

For God's sake the Oxford dictionary has some Hinglish words incorporated into it. Does that men English developed from Hindi ? :cheesy:

---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

but this issue is like inactive volcano in hindi belt more precisely in UP. politics has already begun to remove english. Time to wait and watch

If it happens that will be the biggest blunder whatsoever.

But as someone suggested here, Sanskrit is not spoken anymore in north for south indians to complain language bullying (Karnataka is a SOUTHERN state and there still exists a village that only speaks ancient classic Sanskrit till date... how do "language defenders" explain that for a "not a south Indian language" defense? Any words?) or east or west. Which means all Indians have to re-learn Sanskrit at the same level, therefore equally making all to learn and at the same time making a common language work for entire country for better unity and national pride.

Saying the four Southern Languages 'originated' from Sanskrit is the biggest load of bull crap.

Look I have no disrespect for Sanskrit and I consider it one of the few 'perfect' languages..but for that I cannot accept something that is not the truth.

This is an alternative looking at the fact that some language protectors here don't even want to use Hindi to connect with the other states of India just because of "north Indian" factor. Funnily they are ready to speak the language of a country that enslaved them for 200 years but not a fellow Indian derivative of Sanskrit that is easier for all Indians to learn and unite.

How about North Indians learn any of the four SI languages for better connectivity ? Hindi is an optional langauge in all the four states and anyone interested can study that. Is any of the four SI languages offered in any of the BIMARU states ?

Now when someone suggest an ancient common language that ALL Indians have to equally work hard to learn so that it unites us, people go into "we are different race" argument without even knowing basic history of the country they were born into.

Wow... language politics at its best.

Whats the practical/vocational use in learning Sanskrit ?

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

hindi medium in UP universities, Operating system of computers, mobiles in hindi. hindi medium for all the national examinations at least for hindi speaking students. etc.... list is long

That is going to be a disaster, frankly.

i think you should do something better than troll.

you bought this tamil and non-tamil thing unnecessarily,

even I used "tamil" only in case of language and not on race

Dude lets chill, ok.

If only Nehru had not gone ahead with his stupid policy of forceful imposition of Hindi on non-Hindi speaking states, the situation would have been different now.

But he went ahead, played with the sensitivity of millions of non-Hindi speakers and the hence the current situation. Blaming us for the impasse is not good.

Lets agree on one thing - Hindi or even Tamil cannot replace the position of English in current globalized world. So lets learn English , which has provided a great boon for our services industry, and strive to preserve our mother tongue - Tamil for me and Hindi for you.

And lets no go into silly things like why Tamils not learn Hindi etc,etc....because, cmon frankly whats so special about Hindi ? Its just one of the many languages in the Indian Unionv

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

we surrendered it so that our lil'l southie brothers live happily while learning foreign languages and giving peace to their egos by learning them especially the 'world language' :lol:

Dude mind our tongue as I told before this is a very sensitive issue.

Lets see a BPO employee in Gurgaon speak with his American/Canadian/UK clients in chaste Hindi :hitwall:

Dude lets chill, ok.

Because, cmon frankly whats so special about Hindi ? Its just one of the many languages in the Indian Unionv

Nothing is special... it is jsut that the language is simpler than most regional languages for ALL indians to learn enough to communicate with each other without having to depend on a colonial language inside the country. Mate, this regionalism is not good. My region is suffering because of this mentality for years. NO one is saying stop speaking Tamil. Heck! I'd not agree to forget Denzonkha at all. My language is not Hindi but I've learnt it as a mark of simple INDIAN language to communicate to most of the states' people.

Nehru attempted to impose yes. But has it been imposed? If it was imposed, there would have been a situation like CCP. Do you see a situation like CCP? Can you compare today's state here in India with that of Sinhala radicalism? I can challenge that you cannot. Because that is the amount of freedom our country grants us and it cannot be lied about.

This accusation and blaming "Hindi people" is a regionalist, political agenda just to gain cheap mileage in politics by sick politicians. Don't fall for these dirty divisive politics. For example, Arunachal has subdivisional dialects that once used to war with each other over language. But today they've come out of that mentality and along with their mother tongue's dialects, they've learnt Hindi to blend in easily and which makes communication very simple. Nothing about regional accent but just simple basic common INDIAN language.

No one is denying that each dialect of India has its own beauty in each state. But that should not bring about the wrong and mistaken feeling of "we're different".

OR do you agree for Sanskrit as common language to learn? Even the north Indians and we NE Indians have to sit and learn it from scratch since it is centuries since anyone has spoken it. Do you agree for a language that we ALL have to learn but at the same time equally is of our country? I mean, we all have to equally re-learn it since centuries of stagnation. What's the take for you there? At that time, your friend brought "we're different race" colonial revised history nonsense that has even been proven false as recent as 3 years back.

So why is this "we're different"?

What makes you different from any other state? Your soaps put forward the same cultural values that our or north Indian programs show. Same movies, same family lives, same mentality, same mindset. I have a lot of interest in these things and keep a regular research track on them.

We are of different states only in supposedly linguistic terms. NOTHING ELSE. Everything else is only political garbage that most Indians including some people of my state and region must realize and come out of. We are not different. Difference is only on surface because we are like branches of the SAME tree.

Realize this. Come out of the false nonsense politicians and local funded stooges tell you. This shyte happens in NE as well. But many people especially youth are realizing this as false opportunism and coming out of it.

Let the people learn and speak whatever language they want, nothing should be or could be imposed on anyone. Of people in hindi belt want to shun english and make hindi as their sole language of communication, well good luck getting a job then!

Let the people learn and speak whatever language they want, nothing should be or could be imposed on anyone. Of people in hindi belt want to shun english and make hindi as their sole language of communication, well good luck getting a job then!

Such insecurity honestly. No one is imposing Hindi. Sheesh... and people wonder how difficult it is to break up the mindset of different states.

I am not mandating Hindi, NO ONE HERE is. Read what I've written.

^^ Forget it mate... Indians are too divided on the farcical "melting pot" bullshyte that has been taught to us for decades under the leftist nonsense we call syllabus.

A sad disappointment....And then we claim false unity for what... nothing. Even no one wants a venerable common ancient language to revive that has all our history in it commonly and a language considered most happening even by the west (otherwise, we Indians always mimic the west and worship it, but when it comes to them liking our stuff, we start giving crappy regionalist excuses of "race" and this and that to not encourage it).

I'd suggest the mods to close this thread as being the only thread where INDIA lost on PDF. :( :(

^^ Forget it mate... Indians are too divided on the farcical "melting pot" bullshyte that has been taught to us for decades under the leftist nonsense we call syllabus.

A sad disappointment....And then we claim false unity for what... nothing. Even no one wants a venerable common ancient language to revive that has all our history in it commonly and a language considered most happening even by the west (otherwise, we Indians always mimic the west and worship it, but when it comes to them liking our stuff, we start giving crappy regionalist excuses of "race" and this and that to not encourage it).

I'd suggest the mods to close this thread as being the only thread where INDIA lost on PDF. :( :(

I agree with you, bro!

The communist syllabus and the ToI hippies have deluded an entire generation of Indians.:angry:

For the world to take notice you have to believe in your roots and be proud.

......We do not!

Such insecurity honestly. No one is imposing Hindi. Sheesh... and people wonder how difficult it is to break up the mindset of different states.

I am not mandating Hindi, NO ONE HERE is. Read what I've written.

Where did you see the insecurity part and when did I accuse you of imposing Hindi? Look it's plain common sense that you need to speak the lingua franca to be able to survive in this world, if Hindi belt states offer me job for knowing Hindi, I'll definitely learn Hindi by heart, but sadly it's not the case. We in our state also tried to abolish English and and look what the foolishness has got us!

As far as Sanskrit is concerned, I speak a language which probably is closest of Sanskrit of all Indian languages, I have whatsoever no problem if you make Sanskrit a national language, but I'd want a national consensus over this decision.

Where did you see the insecurity part and when did I accuse you of imposing Hindi? Look it's plain common sense that you need to speak the lingua franca to be able to survive in this world, if Hindi belt states offer me job for knowing Hindi, I'll definitely learn Hindi by heart, but sadly it's not the case. We in our state also tried to abolish English and and look what the foolishness has got us!

As far as Sanskrit is concerned, I speak a language which probably is closest of Sanskrit of all Indian languages, I have whatsoever no problem if you make Sanskrit a national language, but I'd want a national consensus over this decision.

I think thats why there is a rule by which IAS, IPS officers have to learn the lingua franca of that particular state to which they are posted with in a stipulated time.

Without the knowledge of Hindi/Urdu & English its very hard to survive in Gulf countries and no matter from which state they come from Indians learn Hindi (eventhough broken and devoid of grammar) when they reach there.Like wise I have seen Sardarj/ Gujurathi merchants speaking fluent Malayalam in Kerala.

@ Liquid .......dude you have the freedom to disagree..i gave you a BBC link regarding history of Urdu language, after all Urdu was the language which was spoken in what is todays Pakistan and today's Northern India and Kashmir along with regional languages (Pushto, Punjabi, Kashmiri ..etc)....you guys later changed the script to a local indianized script and replaced a few words with words from sanskrit and started calling it Hindi.
BBC - Languages - A Guide to Urdu - A brief history of Urdu

Your link does not say that Hindi evolved from Urdu.It does say Urdu evolved from a language called Reekhta which is again in fact a mix of Turkish, Persian and Arabic.

Maine paathsala mein padnake avsar mein Hindi seekh liya (3rd language). Agla baari aap ka hai mera bhai.

dost. Aapne apni pathshala me hindi jaroor padhi hogi, par aap hindi me bhut kamjor rahe honge, jaisa ki mene dekha ki isme vyakaran ki kai ashudhian hai.
par mujhe ye jaan kar harsh hua ke aap hindi samajh sakte ho. Vaise aapne apni matr bhasha ke baare me nahi bataya??

:cheers:

yeah practically I also dont see any unity among indians,
unity in diversity is just like old saying which has no relevance with India especially in language issue
in fact i can seee more diversity in countries such as Malaysia, it consists different culture from all of the asia

Back
Top Bottom