What's new

Taiwanese Official: F-16 Buy From U.S. 'Hopeless'

Yeah, but considering that they couldn't reach an agreement on the debt issue, wouldn't you say that all the potshots are a bit much? Simply raising the debt ceiling don't improve anything at all.
Depends on the details of these potshots. Personally, I have no car payments, only one credit card and despite its five-figure limit I have less than 600 on it and I have never breached 1500, I have no loans other than the mortgage. I buy used cars and maintain them myself. The newest vehicle I ever own was 5.5 yrs old when I bought it and I later donated to the local high school for their vocational training. There are plenty of people like me in the US. Much much more than you realize because the irresponsible ones are the ones who made the news regarding the housing 'bubble' and cry about it on national TV, who played day trader and artificially drive up stock prices, and so on. People like me quietly live our lives and vote for politicians who shares our conservative values. I used the word 'conservative' devoid of any political affiliations.

The current value system, regardless of politicians, left or right, must be voted out of office. The US needs to learn how to deal with the consequences of the current value system the hard way. If it mean the value of my house drop another 10k, am willing to live with that. I did not buy my house to make a profit on it to start. I bought it to live in it. I want my government to have the same value system as I do, regardless of the politicians' political affiliations, left or right. I do not support raising the debt ceiling and there are much more people like me than the politicians realize. I want a strong defense and an assertive (not aggressive) foreign policy.

Many Americans realized they misplaced their anger when they were 'against Bush' and give Obama the office he did not deserved and this is called "buyer's remorse". If Obama can somehow con enough Americans to give him another term, there will be enough of people like me to elect politicians who shares our value system to keep him in check and turn the country around. This is not a potential but a coming reality. US enemies and potential adversaries should take note.

Explain?!?

Austin is a "liberal Island in a Republican Sea". Also we are relatively close to the center of action, being the capital of Texas and all. We've had several anti-Perry protests just a few weeks before.

Taiwan should forget about F16 and instead make some chicken Chow Mein and send that free to China a mean to re-conciliate and apologize

Depends on the details of these potshots. Personally, I have no car payments, only one credit card and despite its five-figure limit I have less than 600 on it and I have never breached 1500, I have no loans other than the mortgage. I buy used cars and maintain them myself. The newest vehicle I ever own was 5.5 yrs old when I bought it and I later donated to the local high school for their vocational training. There are plenty of people like me in the US. Much much more than you realize because the irresponsible ones are the ones who made the news regarding the housing 'bubble' and cry about it on national TV, who played day trader and artificially drive up stock prices, and so on. People like me quietly live our lives and vote for politicians who shares our conservative values. I used the word 'conservative' devoid of any political affiliations.

The current value system, regardless of politicians, left or right, must be voted out of office. The US needs to learn how to deal with the consequences of the current value system the hard way. If it mean the value of my house drop another 10k, am willing to live with that. I did not buy my house to make a profit on it to start. I bought it to live in it. I want my government to have the same value system as I do, regardless of the politicians' political affiliations, left or right. I do not support raising the debt ceiling and there are much more people like me than the politicians realize. I want a strong defense and an assertive (not aggressive) foreign policy.

Many Americans realized they misplaced their anger when they were 'against Bush' and give Obama the office he did not deserved and this is called "buyer's remorse". If Obama can somehow con enough Americans to give him another term, there will be enough of people like me to elect politicians who shares our value system to keep him in check and turn the country around. This is not a potential but a coming reality. US enemies and potential adversaries should take note.

mmm...very interesting...

Also another question, regarding Taiwan - why has the US Gov. refused F-16s to the island? I mean the Taiwanese have not done anything bad or participated in any anti-American activities unlike Iran or Pakistan.

Is China already that influential? I mean, I always thought of Taiwan defending itself from a Chinese invasion alone as really far-fetched. I think the only way to deter China is with a nuclear armed ROC, coupled with other strategic weapon systems, in perspective of ROC's sovereignty. I have met a lot of Taiwanese who hate Communism and assert the fact that they are a sovereign nation. Would the US interfere in case of a Chinese invasion of ROC anytime soon?

mmm...very interesting...

Also another question, regarding Taiwan - why has the US Gov. refused F-16s to the island? I mean the Taiwanese have not done anything bad or participated in any anti-American activities unlike Iran or Pakistan.

Is China already that influential? I mean, I always thought of Taiwan defending itself from a Chinese invasion alone as really far-fetched. I think the only way to deter China is with a nuclear armed ROC, coupled with other strategic weapon systems, in perspective of ROC's sovereignty. I have met a lot of Taiwanese who hate Communism and assert the fact that they are a sovereign nation. Would the US interfere in case of a Chinese invasion of ROC anytime soon?
Bro, we always say: join with CHina, you will lose your land and join with USA you will be a chess.

Taiwan is US's chess, so she have No stable future. If US see no more benefit from Taiwan, US will dump her like running away from South VN.

Thay why, we only wanna be friend with Russia-India.:)

Now the options left are "Russia", "europian country " and "India".

European coutry Fighters and defense equipments are capable but costly. If Taiwan can buy them, great and good else join Russia.
Russian machines are good enough. MiG29 and Su27 (family) is better option...

If taiwaniese want cheaper option, they can co-develop some component with India. They can set up there development center in India and develop radar,tanks and point defense system for them.. If they can show interest India can sell them LCA (LCA is not very good fighter but it can be proved good point defense fighter...)

uhm..sorry but who offer who, bro ??

India-Russia just offer mutual bennefit from us.we will buy Russia T-50 the 5G soon.

India-Russia to Taiwan. Yes, I know Vietnam was interested in the T-50 but nothing appears official.

Austin is a "liberal Island in a Republican Sea". Also we are relatively close to the center of action, being the capital of Texas and all. We've had several anti-Perry protests just a few weeks before.

Your reason still doesn't sound convincing. It still the same "Explain?!?"

Atleast the guy below has clarity regarding what he wishes, and the reasons for the same.

:tup: Yep having a big business backed president would definitely be good China. Makes sure China's investment is safe by cutting the deficit at the expense of your welfare check and makes sure that the wholesale transfer of America's industrial capacity to China continues.

Hurray for Perry.

India-Russia to Taiwan. Yes, I know Vietnam was interested in the T-50 but nothing appears official.
let buy Su-30MK2 like VietNam,go to Russia-India for training and learn how to air ambush enemies jet fighter also.....But I don;t know USA will allow Taiwan to do that or not .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom