What's new

Taiwanese Official: F-16 Buy From U.S. 'Hopeless'

We need a leader who would go against what China wants, and sale these F16s to Taiwan...

Obama will not win next election (I hope)

Your leaders dare not to defy us, how many of your presidents clawled to Beijing begging for pardon after winning Election from a great China bashing campagne...Clinton, Bush sinor, Bush Junor...you name it...

If Taiwan is truly going to deter China, the only way is to go nuclear, coupled with other strategic weapons.

The question is: Is the US prepared to do that? One can only keep guessing.

If U.S allows nuke for Taiwan, then China will change the balance power of this world, Iran and any other anti-america countries will eligble to get nuke warheads from China...that wll make American's day as well.

that's rich coming from a Pakistani, although you have a terrible record to show for it.
Reading a few pages on Indian history wont hurt you :P I especially like that part in which the mysterious disappearance of the Instrument of Accession is mentioned ( or maybe it didn't ever exist )

If U.S allows nuke for Taiwan, then China will change the balance power of this world, Iran and any other anti-america countries will eligble to get nuke warheads from China...that wll make American's day as well.
Some people think its too simple ... Providing nukes to Taiwan wont do the trick ... The Govt of USA is in no condition to threaten China at the moment .. Combine the worse condition of American economy and you will get the idea that the US Govt will be doing a favor to Americans lol

Your leaders dare not to defy us, how many of your presidents clawled to Beijing begging for pardon after winning Election from a great China bashing campagne...Clinton, Bush sinor, Bush Junor...you name it..
What do the Americans call it these days ? Pilgrimage to China right ? ROFL

The competion among the various aircrafts for MMRCA show cased that there are other capable aircrafts like Rafale, eurofighter, SAAB gripen. Russian may also have something to offer. Taiwan had purchased Mirage -2000 from Dassault in the past.

If US is not very keen to sell then Taiwan should not have run out of option. Anyhow F-16 is an old platform, upgardes can only kept it updated to a point

Also request to keep this thread relevent and refrain from Indian territory and mentioning some false propaganda.

Reading a few pages on Indian history wont hurt you :P I especially like that part in which the mysterious disappearance of the Instrument of Accession is mentioned ( or maybe it didn't ever exist )
:hitwall:

It is not lost remember the parties who signed it were alive long after its signing; they could have made hundreds of copy if they desired.

To view the image of instrument of accession visit wikipedia -> instrument of asscession Check the reference below the article.
(I am not allowed in this forum to post the links)

The competion among the various aircrafts for MMRCA show cased that there are other capable aircrafts like Rafale, eurofighter, SAAB gripen. Russian may also have something to offer. Taiwan had purchased Mirage -2000 from Dassault in the past.

That is if the Americans would allow it. Apparently, Chinese influence in the supplier countries you have mentioned is high with regards to Taiwan.

If US is not very keen to sell then Taiwan should not have run out of option. Anyhow F-16 is an old platform, upgardes can only kept it updated to a point

Depends what block it is. It is a 4th generation fighter. Why do you think Morocco and the UAE preferred the F-16 blk 60 over the Rafale? It is a capable fighter with good market potential.

Also request to keep this thread relevent and refrain from Indian territory and mentioning some false propaganda.

:hitwall:

Why do you guys bring India into every discussion?

It is not lost remember the parties who signed it were alive long after its signing; they could have made hundreds of copy if they desired.

To view the image of instrument of accession visit wikipedia -> instrument of asscession Check the reference below the article.
(I am not allowed in this forum to post the links)

???

We do not need South Korea and Japan.

Over Yugoslavia, B-2 missions were flown from CONUS and back.
I know, but there isn't enough B-2 to create the sortie need to defeat the PLA before the PLA can achieve it's objective in Taiwan. there also isn't the assurance that the B-2 is capable of defeating modern chinese radar too. If that is all you are counting on, then I am even more certain that the time to put our garrison out of Taiwan is ever closer, this is hopeless.

As someone who has experience with the ROKAF and the ROK Marines, I know better about the South Koreans and how they feel about their side of the Korean peninsula.
ROKAF and ROKM is not ROCA, you are right to not get into it, you have not work with the ROCA/ROCAF like I had.

the PRC today does not have the capability to conquer Taiwan without suffering both military and political catastrophes
Dont think that the fate of coalition forces in Afghanistan applies to other forces too lol What sort of military catastrophes are you talking about ? Do you think that Taiwan will nuke China or somehow US's carriers will be able to save them in time . Considering that the US economy is in worst shape and the US is simple in no position to risk a war with China it seems high unlikely . Start to take into account aircraft carriers , J20's , modern chinese subs and frigates and DF 21 and you will get the idea what it means . Use South Korean or Japanese bases and PRC will make sure that those countries cease to exist or Korea is united ( N.Korea will love this opportunity :D ) lol on the rationale that their bases were used to attack China .

If you scroll back a few pages , you will see who dragged Indo-Pak history into this

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom