What's new

Taiwanese Official: F-16 Buy From U.S. 'Hopeless'

a few more F-16s are not going to change the military scenario between TW and PRC. There's no doubt PRC can overrun Taiwan, but given the mature and level headed leadership of PRC, I doubt they will choose the military route to acquire Taiwan.
The reunification will happen when the Taiwanese people want it, and it will happen peacefully.

However, the Taiwanese defense ministry said it was still seeking to acquire the new jets.

I read elsewhere that they have already cut the F-16 procurement out of the budget and that there would be no money for the F-16's even if there is a surprise approval.

This must be a face saving gesture.

^More like sound business acumen, no point in having money sitting and loosing value. Rather invest it somewhere more productive.
but then again, face saving is quite common in chinese culture.

The reunification will happen when the Taiwanese people want it, and it will happen peacefully
What makes you so sure about it ? On the other hand China is acquiring Aircraft carriers ( as well as building itself ) , Stealth J20 and other high end stuff ! and i am sure they have more guts than a army which once took a month to reach D Day readiness lol :victory:

What makes you so sure about it ? On the other hand China is acquiring Aircraft carriers ( as well as building itself ) , Stealth J20 and other high end stuff ! and i am sure they have more guts than a army which once took a month to reach D Day readiness lol :victory:

not everyone cries for war after getting fancy toys...
Military power is not the solution for everything, you of all people should know. (1971 ring any bells?)

Military power is not the solution for everything, you of all people should know. (1971 ring any bells?)
Remember Khalistan , Kashmir and Naxalites :P

we do, that's why we've retained our territory since 1947. unlike some
Its inevitable dear... There are deep cracks in your country no wonder you cant afford to attack Pakistan ... there's no need to lecture on the peaceful reunification of China if you yourself use power and deceitful techniques to get hold of territories

The current aircraft carrier is for training purposes. The Chinese compared to the Americans or even the Indians aren't that experienced in operating carriers. Operating those behemoths is no child's play and very expensive.

I'd also like to add that making aircraft carriers are not like making candies, this is not Command & Conquer.

The J-20 is still in prototype stages.

But still, China can militarily attack Taiwan. Those F-16s that ROC have are old.

BUT....but, it'd have possible repercussions. Remember, China is still a one-party Communist state.

Would Uncle Sam interfere? That's impossible to say.

@Abhishek_ : Damn, that avatar is hot. What's her name? :smitten:

Its inevitable dear... There are deep cracks in your country no wonder you cant afford to attack Pakistan ... there's no need to lecture on the peaceful reunification of China if you yourself use power and deceitful techniques to get hold of territories

that's rich coming from a Pakistani, although you have a terrible record to show for it.

We need a leader who would go against what China wants, and sale these F16s to Taiwan...

Obama will not win next election (I hope)

We need a leader who would go against what China wants, and sale these F16s to Taiwan...

If Taiwan is truly going to deter China, the only way is to go nuclear, coupled with other strategic weapons.

The question is: Is the US prepared to do that? One can only keep guessing.

If Taiwan is truly going to deter China, the only way is to go nuclear, coupled with other strategic weapons.

The question is: Is the US prepared to do that? One can only keep guessing.

If Taiwan even has a hint of nuclear we will burn Taiwan to the ground. It is part of the 2005 Anti-Secession Law.

You need a leader who is willing to fix the economy. Obama don't seems to be up for the task.

Balance has been shifting from ROCAF to PLAAF since they started modernising in mid 90s with their first Sukhoi contracts. Peace is what people of both sides wants.

buy the indo-russian FGFA...

mush better at a mush cheaper price..

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom