What's new

Taiwan Missile Can Reach Beijing: Report

That is why there would be no war between the two brothers. There will be a lot of talk and encouragement from the west though.

Which means indefinite status quo? Works for the West just fine thank you.

Which means indefinite status quo? Works for the West just fine thank you.

you are welcome. China and Taiwan aren't dumb so thank God for that. We will reunify at our own pace and thanks for your concerns :coffee:

All actions seem to point to otherwise to me.

The PRC will do everything in their power to thaw relations as long as they feel it will move them closer to reunification (Under the PRC's terms). If it only seems to be moving them further from reunification, well we see what the law says.

They know what's at stake there. They know the last thing they want is the US intervening. Invading Taiwan would do just that.

The PLA also has a doctrine that states it will only go to war if attacked.

It's contradicting itself, and I think the only reason it says it wants to resolve the Taiwan issue with "non peaceful ways" is because it does not want Taiwan to be independent. However, if Taiwan really does declare independence, besides a few sanctions and political protesting, I doubt there is going to be anything else.

They know what's at stake there. They know the last thing they want is the US intervening. Invading Taiwan would do just that.

The PLA also has a doctrine that states it will only go to war if attacked.

It's contradicting itself, and I think the only reason it says it wants to resolve the Taiwan issue with "non peaceful ways" is because it does not want Taiwan to be independent. However, if Taiwan really does declare independence, besides a few sanctions and political protesting, I doubt there is going to be anything else.

We are not going to war. We are already at war. Who signed the peace treaty for the civil war? Tell me who signed it?

If Taiwan really does declare independence, it means the lives of the Taiwan politicians, and anyone that supports them, will end. The difference in military power between the mainland and Taiwan is like that of US and Zimbabwe. Hopefully we will never get to that day.

Thing is that's an objective loss for China too, as its objective isn't to wipe Taiwan off the face of the planet or destroy Taiwan's infrastructure and leave themselves the task of feeding millions of starving Chinese (Taiwanese).
The more I think about it the more it looks to me if China is forced to go to war its already lost half the battle where its objectives are concerned.

Yes. We will lose if we fight regardless of the military end result. But winning militarily means losing less politically.

We are not going to war. We are already at war. Who signed the peace treaty for the civil war? Tell me who signed it?

If Taiwan really does declare independence, it means the lives of the Taiwan politicians, and anyone that supports them, will end. The difference in military power between the mainland and Taiwan is like that of US and Zimbabwe. Hopefully we will never get to that day.

Is South Korea currently sending troops to North Korea? "War" isn't only dictated by treaty. War ends when both sides stop fighting, regardless whether an uniformed guy scrawls his name on a paper that says "Treaty" on it or not. If I remember correctly, the Republic of China did sign a paper in the 1950s that signaled the end to hostilities.

If the government attacks Taiwan, they know that the US will respond and they can not let that happen. They have too much at stake just for the sake of the thought of "national integrity".

Zimbabwe doesn't have F-16s, Patriot Missiles, Hsiung Feng III anti ship missiles, and plans to purchase the F-35B.

"these missiles will do is cause massive damage to China infrastructure maybe even setting the economy back for years. "

Are you joking?

If attacks are initiated from U.S., I will have to say it may be true. From Taiwan???

You know what China is afraid?

China is afraid that such missiles cannot reach mainland China.

I don't think you understand, these missiles are for deterrence.
We all know that these missiles won't stop China, if it decides to take the island back. But what these missiles will do is cause massive damage to China infrastructure maybe even setting the economy back for years. Thus making them think twice before they attack.

and i would not be surprised if USA helped them to build these missiles.

Is South Korea currently sending troops to North Korea? "War" isn't only dictated by treaty. War ends when both sides stop fighting, regardless whether an uniformed guy scrawls his name on a paper that says "Treaty" on it or not. If I remember correctly, the Republic of China did sign a paper in the 1950s that signaled the end to hostilities.

If the government attacks Taiwan, they know that the US will respond and they can not let that happen. They have too much at stake just for the sake of the thought of "national integrity".

Zimbabwe doesn't have F-16s, Patriot Missiles, Hsiung Feng III anti ship missiles, and plans to purchase the F-35B.

Iraq was also strong on paper. It had Mig-29s, Mirage IV, ballistic missiles capable of hitting Saudi Arabia and Israel, cruise missiles, the 7th largest army in the world and recent combat experience with Iran.

Iraq also didn't have 1000 nearly uninterceptable US SRBMs aimed at it, it wasn't a tiny island and its capital wasn't in anti-aircraft range of the US. Its presidential plane wouldn't have been shot down right after take off. And most of all, the US could only bring a fraction of its air force on it because of distance.

Iraq was also strong on paper. It had Mig-29s, Mirage IV, ballistic missiles capable of hitting Saudi Arabia and Israel, cruise missiles, the 7th largest army in the world and recent combat experience with Iran.

Iraq also didn't have 1000 nearly uninterceptable US SRBMs aimed at it, it wasn't a tiny island and its capital wasn't in anti-aircraft range of the US. Its presidential plane wouldn't have been shot down right after take off. And most of all, the US could only bring a fraction of its air force on it because of distance.

And Taiwan isn't Iraq. If Iraq had planes like the F-16s, modern anti ship missiles, stealthy frigates, and submarines, I can bet you that the Iraq War would have had a much larger impact on US forces. Iraq also doesn't happen to be next door neighbors to the United States. Iraq doesn't have weapons capable of hitting the US, whereasTaiwan doesn't even require a LACM to hit the Chinese mainland.

Most importantly, Iraq didn't have a superpower and the world's largest military supporting it.

And Taiwan isn't Iraq. If Iraq had planes like the F-16s, modern anti ship missiles, stealthy frigates, and submarines, I can bet you that the Iraq War would have had a much larger impact on US forces. Iraq also doesn't happen to be next door neighbors to the United States. Iraq doesn't have weapons capable of hitting the US, whereasTaiwan doesn't even require a LACM to hit the Chinese mainland.

Most importantly, Iraq didn't have a superpower and the world's largest military supporting it.

just a correction here, Taiwan does not have modern subs, or even modern f-16s they have the a/b version which is frankly comparable to the mig-29's that Iraq had, however Taiwan's training is better. with respect to frigates their level of tech is not above PRC and the PRC can bring a hell of alot more to the area, but its absolutely true that Taiwan would be able to hit back at the mainland at least initially but the damage would be fairly limited, after about 1000 SRBMs are launch we can discount, for all intents and purposes, the ROC airforce.

but the biggest concern above all else if war started is the actions of the US, here its a race, how fast can the PRC overrun most of Taiwan before the US can make a decision and send enough forces to the area to make a difference, i think we all know the results if the US dont intervene

of course there uis also the consequence in the after math of this war if it were to happen but thats beyond the scope of what we are looking at here.

Anyone who think possessing any modern weapons by taiwan will deter China from reclamation is seriously miscalculating the situation.

Let alone China has dominated taiwan for sometime already and will overwhelmingly dominated taiwan way furthermore in the future.

The west can jump up and down. China just won't care. When time is up, China will let you know loud and clear. Now it is still business as usual.

CCP will put both parties in taiwan in check. None of them has any guts to declare independence.

maybe China should unite with Myanmar, North Korea, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka as one country, and dump hk and tw. let them swim in the ces pools of capitalism, imperialism, gwailo worship, and self pity, while they circle jerk with south korea, japan, usa, and singapore.

maybe China should unite with Myanmar, North Korea, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka as one country, and dump hk and tw. let them swim in the ces pools of capitalism, imperialism, gwailo worship, and self pity, while they circle jerk with south korea, japan, usa, and singapore.

China has no need to do any of that. The only thing China need to do is to reclaim taiwan sooner than later.

Taiwan can cry foul towards its sugar daddy and mommy and see whether any of them really indeed care.

BTW, I think taiwan already knows what is coming and the whole world knows that as well.

just a correction here, Taiwan does not have modern subs, or even modern f-16s they have the a/b version which is frankly comparable to the mig-29's that Iraq had, however Taiwan's training is better. with respect to frigates their level of tech is not above PRC and the PRC can bring a hell of alot more to the area, but its absolutely true that Taiwan would be able to hit back at the mainland at least initially but the damage would be fairly limited, after about 1000 SRBMs are launch we can discount, for all intents and purposes, the ROC airforce.

but the biggest concern above all else if war started is the actions of the US, here its a race, how fast can the PRC overrun most of Taiwan before the US can make a decision and send enough forces to the area to make a difference, i think we all know the results if the US dont intervene

of course there uis also the consequence in the after math of this war if it were to happen but thats beyond the scope of what we are looking at here.

1. They do have subs.

2. They have the F-16 Block 20, which is still considered a "modern" fighter

3. They bought French La Fayette class frigates, which are claimed to be comparable to the Type 054

4. The US will intervene

1. They do have subs.

2. They have the F-16 Block 20, which is still considered a "modern" fighter

3. They bought French La Fayette class frigates, which are claimed to be comparable to the Type 054

4. The US will intervene

It is all hyped up speculation. It will not get to the point #4.
Neither China or USA would want to risk a nuclear war or the start of the 3rd World War.

It is all hyped up speculation. It will not get to the point #4.
Neither China or USA would want to risk a nuclear war or the start of the 3rd World War.

Nuclear war is very unlikely, but what about a conventional war? We all know the US can deploy B-2s or F-22s in the matter of hours. The US also has a defense pact with Taiwan and has openly stated that it will aid Taiwan in the case of conflict.

Back
Top Bottom