What's new

Taiwan Missile Can Reach Beijing: Report

Not when they are destroyed before they can take off or intercepted before they can reach the Chinese coast.

And when they aren't all intercepted? PRC has to think of this before they commit to an attack, they don't have the luxury to believe and plan for the occasion that all their systems will run flawlessly. The job is done.

Taiwan's current objective seems to be to sustain the status-quo

should it be unsustainable and Taiwan prefers sovereignty,
Taiwan's objective would likely be to make invading Taiwan an economic disaster, and a further political disaster if possible after being unsuccessful should the stars align.

PLA boys, can you at least gimme a heads up so i can bring my in-laws to US in time :D

I don't think HQ-10 or S-300 is designed to intercept target flying as low as 10m. I remembered that different soviet SAM have different interception altitude range, and I think that's part of the reason why on ships such as the Kirov you have I think three different SAM covering the different altitude and range values.

Missiles such as the RAM or FN-3000 are probably more suitable for low altitude interception, though I'm not sure whether a missile designed for low altitude operation tends to have less range as well.

If you can shoot down a P-51 Mustang with a SAM, you sure can shoot down a cruise missile

nice try for A CHinese but one of the dumbest comment ever :china:

Ogannisyan8887,
I am wary of your predictions of massive damages, the rapid action against would cause taiwanese defense forces and possible larger civilian casualties who'll suffer the most. May be you forgot China is all ready to take over taiwan it is the matter of green signal, it won't last a week before taiwan surrenders.
On the other hand China would be willing to take "short term damage" to end this dilemma once and for all and take back what rightly belongs to the Fierce Dragon.

If in the unlikely event of Taiwan firing cruise missiles towards Beijing, they have to choose one or more of the 3 likely flight paths,

1) fly into Fujian, Shangxi etc then all the way inland - unlikely to be successful since air defence in Fujian would have detected and shoot down incoming missiles.

2) fly along the mainland's coast line towards Shandong peninsular then turn inland towards Beijing - also unlikely to be successful due the the flight path can easily be detected by coastal air defence and navy ships (from the East Sea Fleet and North Sea Fleet) stationed along the long coastline from Fujian to Shandong.

3) fly towards Japan then turn west via Yellow Sea - Japan may activate air defence alarm if they are not informed in advance, also the South Koreans may be alerted by unknown incoming missiles. Their actions would in turn alert air defence on the mainland. Even if Japan and South Korea were informed in advance and take no action, the air defence in Dalian, Tianjin and Shandong peninsular area, and the navy ships of NSF will provide the first and second line of defence, any missiles got thro will be dealt with by the air defence surrounding Beijing. There could be some damage but this would be kept to minimum by at least 3 layers of air defence. The first layer would be air defence destroyers (051B, 052C) stationed 300 to 1000 KM from shore.

---------- Post added at 12:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:01 AM ----------

edit delete -double posting.

so.......what are the chances for Taiwan to launch something at their largest trade partner???

P.S Chen Sui Bian still creep me out

See lcloo's post for more details.

There is no flight path that would allow Taiwan's missiles to go across undefended territory. The only possibility is a ballistic missile. A ballistic missile test would be detected. Presence of even 1 ballistic missile on Taiwan is grounds for immediate termination.

For god's sake let them just at least fire a missile to Beijing.
The housing price here is far too high. A missile would be more effective than grandpa Wen's 'cooling' policy.

It would also result in taiwan property dropping to zero value and potentially WW3, but all in all i think the LD-2000 would work for defense of important cities against these cruise missiles

It would also result in taiwan property dropping to zero value and potentially WW3, but all in all i think the LD-2000 would work for defense of important cities against these cruise missiles

Thing is that's an objective loss for China too, as its objective isn't to wipe Taiwan off the face of the planet or destroy Taiwan's infrastructure and leave themselves the task of feeding millions of starving Chinese (Taiwanese).
The more I think about it the more it looks to me if China is forced to go to war its already lost half the battle where its objectives are concerned.

And when they aren't all intercepted? PRC has to think of this before they commit to an attack, they don't have the luxury to believe and plan for the occasion that all their systems will run flawlessly. The job is done.

Taiwan's current objective seems to be to sustain the status-quo

should it be unsustainable and Taiwan prefers sovereignty,
Taiwan's objective would likely be to make invading Taiwan an economic disaster, and a further political disaster if possible after being unsuccessful should the stars align.

If not all of them are intercepted, not enough will hit the mainland to cause significant impact. No country has the "luxury" to a flawless plane. Take a look at Vietnam.

Heck, China is very reluctant to attack Taiwan. They are currently doing everything in their power to thaw relations. I bet the Anti Secession Law is nothing but rhetoric.

Thing is that's an objective loss for China too, as its objective isn't to wipe Taiwan off the face of the planet or destroy Taiwan's infrastructure and leave themselves the task of feeding millions of starving Chinese (Taiwanese).
The more I think about it the more it looks to me if China is forced to go to war its already lost half the battle where its objectives are concerned.

That is why there would be no war between the two brothers. There will be a lot of talk and encouragement from the west though.

If not all of them are intercepted, not enough will hit the mainland to cause significant impact. No country has the "luxury" to a flawless plane. Take a look at Vietnam.

Heck, China is very reluctant to attack Taiwan. They are currently doing everything in their power to thaw relations. I bet the Anti Secession Law is nothing but rhetoric.

All actions seem to point to otherwise to me.

The PRC will do everything in their power to thaw relations as long as they feel it will move them closer to reunification (Under the PRC's terms). If it only seems to be moving them further from reunification, well we see what the law says.

Back
Top Bottom