What's new

T90 Compared with Al Khalid

Well it started with 2 RPGs and 2 suicide bombers now it grew to 10. I think with 10 RPG hits there would be more proof of damage, even when an Abrams is hit with RPGs you can clearly see the damage. So far from that picture i see 1 hole in the turret.
Yes it was 10 I forgot the IED myself

lol, did you have my answers yet?

now this is funny, from where do you feel they are two different tanks? Compare them again, they are the same tank and the pics taken from the same footage man.
Scroll back few pages.

I have another One,what is LASER SKIRT MISSILE as Pakistanis claim it was used in Kargil war by India!?

And then wait for my response.

@ptldM3

As you can see there is only one hole and no extensive Damage even a Abrams look more damaged if it was Hit by one IED and few RPGs

Scroll back few pages.

I have another One,what is LASER SKIRT MISSILE as Pakistanis claim it was used in Kargil war by India!?

And then wait for my response.

@ptldM3

As you can see there is only one hole and no extensive Damage even a Abrams look more damaged if it was Hit by one IED and few RPGs

Indian input in t-90 please.... :coffee:

But Dazzler the tank expert already said it was indeed an Al-Khalid. I also don't see much of anything intact the tank looks like it burned, and has obvious damage.

Meh you smoking some nice afghani hash?

The indian turf posted pic of an AZ that was ambushed in Swat valley operations.. N you are telling me that it's an AK?

Do i look like i give a crap about low cost Chinese weapons.

Go shoot the Mountains with T 59 (Al Zarrar) and claim to the world it has Hunter Killer ability.
Hi mr indian retard .. That video was of a type 59 (used by FC-Paramilitary scoring an awesome long rang - accurate hit!

You on the other hand are just a dirty lil indian troll who can't differentiate between his arse n his elbows... Are tanking about things you only get to see on TV or the Internet ?

Why don't you just die!

I don't think that general has any say and obviously other generals disagreed with his comment. As for how good or bad the T-90 is, well in Syria older generation T-72 which are far inferior to T-90s are easily surviving RPG hits, some many times, Chechnya was the same story, the video's of T-72s from Syria are from modern anti tank weapons. On the other hand a modern Al-Khalid was taken out by supposedly 2 RPG's one hit the frontal part of the turret which is considered one of the best protected areas of a tank. So i would not disrespect the T-90 especially seeing what is really under the Al-Khalids outer turret.

Strange, you dont think how dire the situation is for Russian armoured corps. While there is a war looming around on Ukraine and NATO is infiltrating often, i can see why they would be even more concerned now until the t-14 matures into a viable platform covering All desired aspects as proclaimed by UVZ.

However, if i were you, i would not bet my money on how efficiently or badly the t-72s have performed in Syria vis a vis an ancient rpg grenade. You see, NATO is slighty more than a rag tag Syrian rebel with an rpg in hand. They have beasts Leos 2Axx, Challi 2 and Abrams mate. Think about it, if t-90 struggled against Merkava, as stated by the general, it wouldnt be any prettier facing any one of the above, when they carry charms, m829A2 and A3 and the DM43 and 53s.

However, if i were you, i would not bet my money on how efficiently or badly the t-72s have performed in Syria vis a vis an ancient rpg grenade. You see, NATO is slighty more than a rag tag Syrian rebel with an rpg in hand. They have beasts Leos 2Axx, Challi 2 and Abrams mate. Think about it, if t-90 struggled against Merkava, as stated by the general, it wouldnt be any prettier facing any one of the above, when they carry charms, m829A2 and A3 and the DM43 and 53s.
RUSSIA is no longer the Soviet Union and the Soviets designed their tanks light, cheap and easy to build. Ontop of that infastructure to support them was also built around the tanks like the Il-76. Which can carry T-72 and compliment. Not sure of t-90 but heard it is possible. That being said, 2 or 3 T-72s for every 10 million today isn't a bad investment especially if your opponent will be offensive.

Meh you smoking some nice afghani hash?

The indian turf posted pic of an AZ that was ambushed in Swat valley operations.. N you are telling me that it's an AK?

No, i did not say it was an Al-Khalid, the Pakistani resident tank expert said it was an Al-Khalid, go take up the fight with Dazzler he is the one who said it. I'm not sure why you are so upset about it, this entire thread only started because of chest thumping and raving about how superior the Al-Khalid is to the trashy T-90 in another thread. I was even dared to open this thread. My Pakistani friends need to know that boasting about how great the Al-Khalid is and how poor the T-90 is will only invite scrutiny about the Al-Khalid that Pakistani members will not like, but i did not start this fight. Most of my posts have been focused on the T-90 and debunking myths and rumors.

Last edited:
@Dazzler

I'll like to know the difference in the tracks that are been used by the T-90 and Al-khalid.

t90_3.jpg

t-90_demo_07_zps9b0f16c3.jpg

MBT2000-100905_copy1.jpg

Al -Khalid uses the Rubber Bushed & Padded ones.Is it to do with the environment we want to use them in?

T-90's looks like may work better on snow covered geography so, that seems suitable in the Russian environment.
What difference does it make?
And how the service life of the two differ?
Is there an option to quickly/feasibly replace one type with another ,according to your demand?
I was reading some basics about it.And the following one for the rubber metallic-pin hinges.
Rubber-metal hinge for caterpillar vehicles
But i need help, in this department.No hurry.Whenever you can do it with ease.Thank you.

P.S.

The T-90 MS seems to have the similar Rubber bushes & padded tracks like that of the AK.So, why do they adopt it?
For exports?

t90ms_tagil.jpg

Last edited:
Those rubber inserts are to protect roads as well as decrease wear to the tracks, thus increasing the life of the track, they also improve gas mileage. Russian tanks almost never use them unless they are in urban areas which has me believe that they offer great traction.

No, i did not say it was an Al-Khalid, the Pakistani resident tank expert said it was an Al-Khalid, go take up the fight with Dazzler he is the one who said it. I'm not sure why you are so upset about it, this entire thread only started because of chest thumping and raving about how superior the Al-Khalid is to the trashy T-90 in another thread. I was even dared to open this thread. My Pakistani friends need to know that boasting about how great the Al-Khalid is and how poor the T-90 is will only invite scrutiny about the Al-Khalid that Pakistani members will not like, but i did not start this fight. Most of my posts have been focused on the T-90 and debunking myths and rumors.

There was no bashing or chest thumping, the debate is not about belittling one against another. i fail to understand what offended you in this thread. Go through all my posts and show me where have i bashed the t-90??

All i have stated is obvious fact which you dont seem to have understood or are deliberately ignoring. Lets wrap things i have been stating in the thread:

* T-90 has less frontal armor coverage WITHOUT ERA tiles in included, i have showed pictures and statistics of the two.

* The t-90 frontal armor is quite similar in thickness to the Object 478BE, in fact, for 0 degrees, 30 degrees and even 60 degrees, both have almost the same thickness levels, again these are WITHOUT the ERA coverage.

* T-90 does feature a very good gun in the 2A46M series, quite powerful and accurate, no doubt about that. Alkhalid's gun is a mix of indigenous/ ukrainian and French technologies. In fact, we used to import electroslag refined metal blanks from France until 2011. It is a quality gun with double chrome platting for increase barrel life and reduced wear and tear. Both guns are pretty much comparable.

* Regarding engine issues. it is a known fact that t-90/s engine (840hp, 1000hp) has had problems, especially in the desert region in India. Whats there to argue about in this?

* The articles i shared show Russian army generals do not have faith in their t-90s. As one general mentioned the tests between T-90 and Merkava where the latter performed better. There was even mention of buying Leo-2s from Germany, which pretty much sums up the situation for me at least.

* It is quite obvious that prior to MS, which is NOT in service with any country as of now, all the prior versions feature the 1A45 series of FCS which is a decent fire control system but nothing to write home about. It lacks power, and support for hunter killer mode processing which takes quite a toll on the FCS system as the computer is virtually working on at least two fronts in not more i.e. gunner input, commander input, tracking, storing the target information in the computer in a sequence mode. All the 1A45 FCS does is to calculate basic features from either commander OR the gunner, hence the inclusion of OVER RIDE function for the commander. The hunter killer system negates the need of this function but it is still retained in Alkhalid series.

* I never mingled Alkhalid with Alzarrar throughout the thread, quote the post you are referring to please to remove confusions.

And i didnt even mention that Alkhalid features auto tracking for both main gun, as well as the 12.7mm AA gun, thanks to the integrated support from the battle management system that communicates and feeds external data to the FCS.

Last edited:
* I never mingled Alkhalid with Alzarrar throughout the thread, quote the post you are referring to please to remove confusions
@ptldM3 dear you seem in haste and bit confused. Dazzler did said IT IS AL KHALID but he was talking about post 214 not post 207 ..............................
I am not a tank expert but looks like you don't even know the basic difference between Al Zarrar and Al Khalid.Also have no info about SWAT incident.For details you can check old PDF threads created on that incident.This lack of info loses the creditability of all stuff you posted and all stuff which you will continue to share on this thread (probably)............
As far as @Dazzler this is what you said and he misunderstood.......................

3.png

@Viva India
Read your comments ................ All I say is
keep-calm-and-grow-up-51.png

@Dazzler

I'll like to know the difference in the tracks that are been used by the T-90 and Al-khalid.

t90_3.jpg

t-90_demo_07_zps9b0f16c3.jpg

It would appear the above is an older, different track type.
Compare to pics below (from T-90 Main Battle Tank Walk Around Page 1 )
t-90_261_of_261.jpg

t-90_158_of_261.jpg

This is an T-72M from T-72M Walk Around Page 1
t-72m_002_of_115.jpg

This is a T-80U from T-80U Main Battle Tank Walk Around Page 1
t-80u_002_of_342.jpg

T-64 from T-64 Walk Around Page 1
t-64_31_of_62.jpg

T55 and 62 have track like T72 shown, but that too can mount rubber pads (single piece rather than two piece on T90/AK). Use links provided to find relevant walkaround pics (via Battlefield)

UralVagonZavod - Special products

Certainly propaganda to feed dissatisfied souls :lol:

Back
Top Bottom