What's new

T90 Compared with Al Khalid

It would appear the above is an older, different track type.
Compare to pics below (from T-90 Main Battle Tank Walk Around Page 1 )
t-90_261_of_261.jpg

t-90_158_of_261.jpg

This is an T-72M from T-72M Walk Around Page 1
t-72m_002_of_115.jpg

This is a T-80U from T-80U Main Battle Tank Walk Around Page 1
t-80u_002_of_342.jpg

T-64 from T-64 Walk Around Page 1
t-64_31_of_62.jpg

T55 and 62 have track like T72 shown, but that too can mount rubber pads (single piece rather than two piece on T90/AK). Use links provided to find relevant walkaround pics (via Battlefield)

UralVagonZavod - Special products

T-54B
t-54b_164_of_195.jpg

T-55AM2B
t-55am2b_12_of_57.jpg

T-55 with - as it turns our - Chieftain track
t-55_020_of_112.jpg

IMHO the OLD-style track does not mount any rubber pads.

Why not!!...the sun rises in the west can only happen with propaganda!
If you travel far enough east, you end up in the west and vv. :coffee:

T-90 manufacturer's site says "With stamped tracks and rubber-bushed gearing, adapted to accommodate rubber pads"

and adapted enough to cough up. what an adaptation. My bureaucrats know this.

@Penguin

and adapted enough to cough up. what an adaptation. My bureaucrats know this.

@Penguin
If you have a point, please make it.

T-90S
Track With stamped tracks and rubber-bushed gearing, adapted to accommodate rubber pads
T-90S - UralVagonZavod - Special products

Modernized T-72
Track type with stamped track link units, with rubber-bushed parallel pin-jointed cog meshing adapted to accommodate rubber pads
T-72 Modernized - UralVagonZavod - Special products

If you have a problem with the manufacturer statements, please enlighten us what the problem is and why it is a problem. Do document and support your opinion or argument with reference to at least some reliable and verifyable sources.

Certainly propaganda to feed dissatisfied souls :lol:
What., if any, is your issue?

Last edited:
If you have a point, please make it. The floor is all yours. We are all waiting.

My point is there is t 72 , there is T 80 and there is T 90, MBT 2000 (Chinese and Russian) And your Al khalid, these are all the same Russian tanks. their cores are same, you add some gadgets and make it a new tank or a superior tank? These are the same tanks no one is superior here.

forget it, these guys are a dime a dozen on copy pasting from the first google source they see.

Ouch ! :lol:

My point is there is t 72 , there is T 80 and there is T 90, MBT 2000 (Chinese and Russian) And your Al khalid, these are all the same Russian tanks. their cores are same, you add some gadgets and make it a new tank or a superior tank? These are the same tanks no one is superior here.
1) MY Al Khalid? You realize I am a European?
2) MBT-2000 = Russian?
3) T-72=T-80=T-90=MBT-2000?

Sorry, you've just utterly disqualified yourself from any further serious consideration. Good bye.

forget it, these guys are a dime a dozen on copy pasting from the first google source they see.
So you do copy paste from Google's 10th page?

Oh,maybe you using deep web. But thats illegal you know?

T90 is inferior to Al-Khalid so it's claimed.

OMG!
Pakistanis are superior than Russians this way?

T-54B
t-54b_164_of_195.jpg

T-55AM2B
t-55am2b_12_of_57.jpg

T-55 with - as it turns our - Chieftain track
t-55_020_of_112.jpg

IMHO the OLD-style track does not mount any rubber pads.

If you travel far enough east, you end up in the west and vv. :coffee:

T-90 manufacturer's site says "With stamped tracks and rubber-bushed gearing, adapted to accommodate rubber pads"

I was reading about it & also have discussed it.
I' ve reached the following conclusions.

1-There is a terrain factor to it.Vehicles weighing near 50 tons or more when used in the Urban area puts a lot of wear and tear on the asphalt.That damage is minimal when something like battle tank is moving at lower speeds but increases and is direct relationship to the speed and the weight of the vehicle (if let's say we keep the ground pressure for both as constant).Heavier the vehicle and more the velocity the greater the damage to even the harder surfaces e.g tarmac ,concrete etc.
Which is of course of secondary importance during the war time.

2-The rubber padding not only just helps to dampen some of any tearing forces to the surface but also improves the friction/grip with the road making the movement of the vehicle easier.There is a better ground pressure distribution,improved shock absorption and it proves helpful during the road travel.
So, these are designed according to your priorities.

3-Noise levels can be reduced by an inner rubber lining on the tracks acting as a running surface for the rubber tired wheels.As presented in the following image.

Drive+Train+and+Supension.jpg

Noise is normally created by contact surfaces between the track and the drive wheels.The use of aluminium is to keep the weight on the lower side.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom