What's new

T-LORAMIDS Tender | Updates & Discussion

What is the best option for the T-LORAMIDS Program

• Total voters
Murat Bayar stated that Turkey doesn't plan to export Turkish produced HQ-9 missiles to 3rd countries. Full ToT to be received from China will create our own infastructure to develop domestic equivalents.

Murat Bayar stated that Turkey doesn't plan to export Turkish produced HQ-9 missiles to 3rd countries. Full ToT to be received from China will create our own infastructure to develop domestic equivalents.

That's a pretty impressive deal we've gotten. I think perhaps this deal with everything Cabatli quoted is a sign that Turkey is being tested. We're getting an insane offer that will once and for all prove Turkeys pragmatism. rejecting a deal like this will ensure that Turkey never gets anything like this. It's a deal that is meant to see if Turkey is a western country, or a pragmatic country. (so to speak, no western nation will ever offer Turkey a deal like this).

That's a pretty impressive deal we've gotten. I think perhaps this deal with everything Cabatli quoted is a sign that Turkey is being tested. We're getting an insane offer that will once and for all prove Turkeys pragmatism. rejecting a deal like this will ensure that Turkey never gets anything like this. It's a deal that is meant to see if Turkey is a western country, or a pragmatic country. (so to speak, no western nation will ever offer Turkey a deal like this).

Considering all the fuss, but especially from the western countries, about this HQ-9 news is a positive sign. It's just my opinion, but whenever the western countries are against us at important matters, it's often, if not always, a sign that we are on the good track. They always try to derail Turkey's progress. Actually not only Turkey, but any potential rising power. I really hope this deal will push through. I also wonder how things will work out after this deal, because usa and its lapdogs will certainly remember this bitter taste.

From what I get from our MFA minister's statement, This decision was a message for west to rethink their offer, he said the talks with Red Flag is "expected" to start within 6 months. So Don't get suprised if we change our decision to Aster-30 (I hope so). But of course it can be the other way as It's now.

Honestly? The fact that Turkey even considered buying the HQ-9 system over western and Russian systems has given a big boost to China's defense industry. It doesn't matter anymore if Turkey buys the system, because the Turks have given China something more valuable than the sale, they gave China bragging rights. Now the Chinese can say (with truth and certainty) that if the deal is cancelled, it's only due to western interference, and that the system won the tender fair and square.

Bayar said a delegation of Turkish industry and air force officials had witnessed test launches from all the firms but that the Chinese had allowed Turkey to pick its own scenario and offered it a tailored demonstration.

"We said we want this kind of a launch, and our delegation watched the launches as if they were the operators. These were real launches," Bayar said.

finance. yahoo . com /news/turkey-highly-likely-sign-chinese-070814678.html

Honestly? The fact that Turkey even considered buying the HQ-9 system over western and Russian systems has given a big boost to China's defense industry. It doesn't matter anymore if Turkey buys the system, because the Turks have given China something more valuable than the sale, they gave China bragging rights. Now the Chinese can say (with truth and certainty) that if the deal is cancelled, it's only due to western interference, and that the system won the tender fair and square.

Like so many others you aren't looking at what landed the deal.

1. TOT
2. Cheaper than all the others

the two above mentioned doesn't mean HQ-9 is a better product. It's not even battleproven.

Like so many others you aren't looking at what landed the deal.

1. TOT
2. Cheaper than all the others

the two above mentioned doesn't mean HQ-9 is a better product. It's not even battleproven.

I actually do know this and I've mentioned it in other threads, but it doesn't matter because China will be able to use this as a marketing device, that's my point.

Bayar:

-HQ-9 selection and production of 12 batteries of missile with full ToT is being considered as stop-gap solution because With HQ-9 production, Turkey will develop own Long range SAM system indigenously.

-At feasibility stuides carried out in 2007, SSM agreed to develop Very Low altitude, Low Altitude and Medium Altitude Missile systems indigenously.

-Domestic MANPAD is being developed under main contactorship of Roketsan.

-Domestic Low Altitude SAM first trials (without guidance) will be performed tomorrow, 04.10.2013, in SaltLake, Konya.

pqcss.png

Bayar:

- We have vision and requirement to establish all air defence units based on domestic systems under domestic network. TF-2000 is a serious issue which will work as a part of same umbrella.

From what I get from our MFA minister's statement, This decision was a message for west to rethink their offer, he said the talks with Red Flag is "expected" to start within 6 months. So Don't get suprised if we change our decision to Aster-30 (I hope so). But of course it can be the other way as It's now.

Young Man, if you play hardball with my Chinese Brethren, I'd break both of your nuts off & reduce you to the level of the Eunuch managing an Ottoman Sultan's Harem....cough...cough....my Harem that is ! :angry:

On a serious note the HQ-9 is a good system & you're not going to get anything close to the TOT, from the West, that the Chinese are offering so perhaps a realignment & independence is in order - Don't look to NATO for most things because the Chinese are catching up & they're catching up faster than anyone right now !

At any rate deals like this transcend mere military-to-military relations but lay the seeds for cooperation at a strategic level in the future - Don't let this opportunity go but benefit from it !

Did Baytar really say full technology transfer?

Bayar said a delegation of Turkish industry and air force officials had witnessed test launches from all the firms but that the Chinese had allowed Turkey to pick its own scenario and offered it a tailored demonstration.

"We said we want this kind of a launch, and our delegation watched the launches as if they were the operators. These were real launches," Bayar said.

finance. yahoo . com /news/turkey-highly-likely-sign-chinese-070814678.html

So the Chinese showed off and it paid off in the end? Man, good for them.

Back
Top Bottom