What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SO we going for 2 tanks ?? 1 to replace T-80 and 1 for other?

so it's AK T-84 And 1 more tanks in future??? which will be in service of PA

:o:

If saving on training and logistic costs were the main reason; why not build more AK-1s or expedite the design and production of further AK models ! :unsure:

The AK takes a longer time to produce and develop. In addition, the cost of redesigning the AK into a tank that would match the Oplot vs the time it would take to induct makes it prohibitive. The AK project for all its success has also been plagued by needless delays and QC issues which took a lot of time to resolve.

Unfortunately it is very disappointed that Pakistan just has very LIMITED options for our tanks and Pakistan Navy aside JF-17. India is clearly won in some fields, Pakistan is very slowly way behind next ten years no doubt.

Al-Khalid Tanks (only 450 for last 13 years), does this means we just exciting today that something new unknown tank so called T-84 Oplet from unstable Ukraine crisis?

Pakistan should seek permission from Russia before ordering junk tanks and some engines from Ukraine after Siberia's T-55 rumors and some old used F-16 from Jordan.

In my opinion, indeed very poor choice, we should go ahead more reliable with China's MT3000 or Turkey's Altay or discuss with Uncle Sam's Abraham tanks if necessary. Russia is even willing to sell their tanks but Pakistan doesn't make sense at all.

Unfortunately it is very disappointed that Pakistan just has very LIMITED options for our tanks and Pakistan Navy aside JF-17. India is clearly won in some fields, Pakistan is very slowly way behind next ten years no doubt.

Al-Khalid Tanks (only 450 for last 13 years), does this means we just exciting today that something new unknown tank so called T-84 Oplet from unstable Ukraine crisis?

Pakistan should seek permission from Russia before ordering junk tanks and some engines from Ukraine after Siberia's T-55 rumors and some old used F-16 from Jordan.

In my opinion, indeed very poor choice, we should go ahead more reliable with China's MT3000 or Turkey's Altay or discuss with Uncle Sam's Abraham tanks if necessary. Russia is even willing to sell their tanks but Pakistan doesn't make sense at all.

What authoratitve sources do you have that state that the Ukranian engines are Junk?

So what happens to Armata or MS if we buy Oplots ? Where does that fit !

why are you under the impression that we will get Armata.

Second no one on this thread have given a solid reason or understood what we are trying to do.

GET A REASONABLE PRICE. Hence the large number of trials.

Altay will never come we can't afford it. Setting up the entire logistical support will take us years.

We require something which is affordable and resilient. And cost effective

resized_ancient-aliens-invisible-something-meme-generator-i-mean-snakecharmer-dude-wtf-was-that-27e7ed.jpg

MBT-3000 offers nothing over AK-I. Apart from maybe more protection with its additional armour.... Altay not in serial production but it's subsystems with equip AK.

Again we need tanks to replace our fleet of old Type-59s,62s and 85s ... You can't produce so many AKs .. Better buy a tank which offers logistic and training similarity to an existing platform... Which Oplot does with our UDs!

What authoratitve sources do you have that state that the Ukranian engines are Junk?

if we have funds issues than why not save and invest in upcoming projects like Altay ? cant turks make Altay with a bit less weight , like modification we see in Air crafts and all ??
this Tank .... not even a single reputed country used it .. why are we even buying this ?

The AK takes a longer time to produce and develop. In addition, the cost of redesigning the AK into a tank that would match the Oplot vs the time it would take to induct makes it prohibitive. The AK project for all its success has also been plagued by needless delays and QC issues which took a lot of time to resolve.

I thought the AK was already better than the T-90 MS....isn't the Oplot of similar capabilities ? :unsure:

I don't know an AK from a Type 59 but what I was reading on this forum, apparently from credible posters, suggested that the AK was better than anything that the Indians had and there wasn't any hurry in going overboard with acquisitions and whatnot on our because our Armored Corp already had one-up on the Indians ! :undecided:

Now explain it simply as if you were explaining it to a Neanderthal (even though I'm not Bhopali :p: ) - What exactly does the Oplot offer that the AK, the AK 1, and the T-80 UDs don't already offer us ! :)

How many is PA planning on obtaining?

Are we talking about the same one used by the Thai army here?

I don't know any sources, but I can see Ukraine doesn't have great qualities in tanks, too many junks in their tank graveguard.

article-2572149-1BFE5A0800000578-207_964x647.jpg

article-0-1BFE5A4400000578-304_964x600.jpg

article-0-1BFE86B300000578-169_964x617.jpg

Ukraine's abandoned tank graveyard could be needed if tensions with Russia escalate | Daily Mail Online

Is this Pakistan going to do business with Ukraine??? I know these are not T-84 oplots in these pictures but just example.

MBT-3000 offers nothing over AK-I. Apart from maybe more protection with its additional armour.... Altay not in serial production but it's subsystems with equip AK.

Again we need tanks to replace our fleet of old Type-59s,62s and 85s ... You can't produce so many AKs .. Better buy a tank which offers logistic and training similarity to an existing platform... Which Oplot does with our UDs!

How do we know MBT-3000 is nothing like AK-1? Do we learn lesson from our joint JF-17 with China?

Okay, let Pakistan import anything for whatever reasons in low cost prices and excellent junks machines.

Save cost, buy All-in-One deal. That's fine.

:hitwall:
It was going to come earlier(along with other requirements) if not for the Ukrainian crisis.
Don't u think that crisis in Ukarine can destabalize this deal??

I don't know any sources, but I can see Ukraine doesn't have great qualities in tanks, too many junks in their tank graveguard.

article-2572149-1BFE5A0800000578-207_964x647.jpg

article-0-1BFE5A4400000578-304_964x600.jpg

article-0-1BFE86B300000578-169_964x617.jpg

Ukraine's abandoned tank graveyard could be needed if tensions with Russia escalate | Daily Mail Online

Is this Pakistan going to do business with Ukraine??? I know these are not T-84 oplots in these pictures but just example.

How do we know MBT-3000 is nothing like AK-1? Do we learn lesson from our joint JF-17 with China?

Okay, let Pakistan import anything for whatever reasons in low cost prices and excellent junks machines.

Save cost, buy All-in-One deal. That's fine.

You are quiet dumb ...

:hitwall:

Don't u think that crisis in Ukarine can destabalize this deal??
How ? Oplots is a purely ukranian machine .. The factory isn't situated in rebel held areas... They need money and we need tabks... Win win !

SO we going for 2 tanks ?? 1 to replace T-80 and 1 for other?

so it's AK T-84 And 1 more tanks in future??? which will be in service of PA
AK Series
Oplots
UDs

Maybe AZs

The types will be phased out.

If Ukarine is offering TOT and others are not then go with Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom