What's new

T-84 oplot M fails testing what now for the army, in terms of tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Pakistan has chosen T-84 Oplot M Why two more Tanks are coming in December to be tested ?

It won't be the T-84 as the main battle tank. It'll be both, T-84 and MBT-3000. These will become main two tier platform for the Pak Army in the future, supplemented by AK I and II's. AK I will become the future T-59 of Pakistan. The remainder of the tanks like T-59's and T-70+, are now considered much older and actually obsolete so these will start to be retired as the new ones and AK's are produced in numbers, and of course as the Pakistani economy grows and more $$$$ coming in.

unnamed (11).jpg

This is one of them other name I don't know @balixd

I thought the AK was already better than the T-90 MS....isn't the Oplot of similar capabilities ? :unsure:

I don't know an AK from a Type 59 but what I was reading on this forum, apparently from credible posters, suggested that the AK was better than anything that the Indians had and there wasn't any hurry in going overboard with acquisitions and whatnot on our because our Armored Corp already had one-up on the Indians ! :undecided:

Now explain it simply as if you were explaining it to a Neanderthal (even though I'm not Bhopali :p: ) - What exactly does the Oplot offer that the AK, the AK 1, and the T-80 UDs don't already offer us ! :)

2 things.

1.The T-84(or any new purchase since this is not official) is better than the T-80UDs. In addition, it has better armour on it as compared to anything the Indians field in active service.

2. Procurement time, i.e time to get the tanks into service vs the Time it would take to design, set up assembly lines and test further AK developments vis-a-vis a direct purchase.

It won't be the T-84 as the main battle tank. It'll be both, T-84 and MBT-3000. These will become main two tier platform for the Pak Army in the future, supplemented by AK I and II's. AK I will become the future T-59 of Pakistan. The remainder of the tanks like T-59's and T-70+, are now considered much older and actually obsolete so these will start to be retired as the new ones and AK's are produced in numbers, and of course as the Pakistani economy grows and more $$$$ coming in.
MBT-3000 is pretty much rejected may be latest model of T-90 can come which can be replacement for AL Zarrar and Type 69 and Type 85

2 things.

1.The T-84(or any new purchase since this is not official) is better than the T-80UDs. In addition, it has better armour on it as compared to anything the Indians field in active service.

2. Procurement time, i.e time to get the tanks into service vs the Time it would take to design, set up assembly lines and test further AK developments vis-a-vis a direct purchase.
Sir if we have chosen T-84 Oplot M Why two other Tanks are coming in December to be tested ?

MBT-3000 is pretty much rejected may be latest model of T-90 can come which can be replacement for AL Zarrar and Type 69 and Type 85

May be. But you won't have T-84 Oplot as PA's main MBT in serious numbers.....it'll have a counter part. Potentially a heavier tank.

I don't know any sources, but I can see Ukraine doesn't have great qualities in tanks, too many junks in their tank graveguard.

article-2572149-1BFE5A0800000578-207_964x647.jpg

article-0-1BFE5A4400000578-304_964x600.jpg

article-0-1BFE86B300000578-169_964x617.jpg

Ukraine's abandoned tank graveyard could be needed if tensions with Russia escalate | Daily Mail Online

Is this Pakistan going to do business with Ukraine??? I know these are not T-84 oplots in these pictures but just example.

How do we know MBT-3000 is nothing like AK-1? Do we learn lesson from our joint JF-17 with China?

Okay, let Pakistan import anything for whatever reasons in low cost prices and excellent junks machines.

Save cost, buy All-in-One deal. That's fine.

So your conclusion is based on the idea that the cash strapped ukranian military which cannot maintain its otherwise excellent fleet somehow reflects on the overall quality of their tanks?

That is like suggesting that somehow the hundreds of ferraris, lambos, mercs and bmws that were abandoned in Dubai after the crash of their real estate market and ended up as junk somehow reflects on Ferrari, BMW and Mercedes as makers of poor quality cars.

Please refrain from commenting before you actually read on the subject.

why are you under the impression that we will get Armata.

Second no one on this thread have given a solid reason or understood what we are trying to do.

GET A REASONABLE PRICE. Hence the large number of trials.

Altay will never come we can't afford it. Setting up the entire logistical support will take us years.

We require something which is affordable and resilient. And cost effective

Hi,

Thank you for your post---. People don't understand the un-written motto of Pakistan's military----best bang for the buck at a reasonable price---and then utilize its capabilities to the maximum with better training.

if we have funds issues than why not save and invest in upcoming projects like Altay ? cant turks make Altay with a bit less weight , like modification we see in Air crafts and all ??
this Tank .... not even a single reputed country used it .. why are we even buying this ?

Time is also a cost.

Sir if we have chosen T-84 Oplot M Why two other Tanks are coming in December to be tested ?

Unless a news comes via official sources, the T-84 has not been chosen yet although it is a favourite.

The other competitors will come to be pitted against the T-84 and see if they do best vis-a-vis costs.

We'll wait for the official word. As I understand that this will replace part of the tank fleet and other machines are being considered?

View attachment 236871
who told you that two more Tanks will be coming in December? I have a hard time believing that.....unless there is a limitation on number of Tanks that will be sold too us or the financial constraint, I don't see why would we test another platform....

View attachment 236871
let me try to find that out....but don't expect a confirmation from me for next few months or till trails for those new tanks are done :D

We'll wait for the official word. As I understand that this will replace part of the tank fleet and other machines are being considered?
who told you that two more Tanks will be coming in December? I have a hard time believing that.....unless there is a limitation on number of Tanks that will be sold too us or the financial constraint, I don't see why would we test another platform....

let me try to find that out....but don't expect a confirmation from me for next few months or till trails for those new tanks are done :D
@kaonalpha and one other member told this and what is the status of AL Khalid II ?

From inside
oplopm_kienthuc-3_odqz.jpg

oplopm_kienthuc-5_snwv.jpg

oplopm_kienthuc-6_rpoe.jpg

oplopm_kienthuc-4_xyki.jpg

t84-gl.jpg

oplopm_kienthuc-5_snwv.jpg

Double click this image and enjoy this pic
T-84-BM-Oplot_Ukraine.jpg

First Thai T84 M, where for some reason Thai deal for chinese evap over T96 deal and bought this tank landed recently.,
336_20420_764297.jpg

Last edited:
1. Pakistan has a border to defend starting from semi mountain area of Jammu-Sialkot to plains and fields of Lahore-Kasur, River deltas of Sutluj-Bias to the deserts of Bahwalpur-Thar and arid lands of Sindh border. That explains why we can't rely on single model tank.
2. Germans are World leaders in engine technology, but their engine failed in temperatures of Bahawalpur desert. Hence Ukrainian engine was selected for AKs.
3. M1 failed in trails during Zia times. These tanks were top-notch but were design to counter Soviet invasion of Europe. It was suitable for cold, lush green fields of Europe but failed in desert condition. American learned that too while fielding it in Gulf war. Tiny sand particles damaged the expensive blades of its jet turbine engine. There is a reason, why Pakistan opts for diesel engine for its tanks.
4. Some prefer protection over mobility and other choose mobility to compromise little protection. Who knows what PA doctrine is?
5. If you are facing an enemy, who always has enjoyed superior numbers. The numbers which have saved the day for her many times in the past. Whenever she has find herself in trouble, she diluted the threat by opening up new fronts. Surely, someone in hire ups have learned from history that numbers are more important (JF17s are another example). Why we should buy an expensive Turk tank and not 2 Ukrainians ones?

The tank looks good. Russians & Ukrainians surely know how to make tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom