What's new

T-80 and T-85 MBTs of Pakistan along with Al Khalid and Al Zarrar

if arjun mki will have better armour than AK 1 and AK 2 have better armour than al khalid. We both Neighbours Are almost same in armour Thats it.

if arjun mki will have better armour than AK 1 and AK 2 have better armour than al khalid. We both Neighbours Are almost same in armour Thats it.

Composite armour quality: It's been us so far, Kanchan project is maturing, it is 30 years old now, we have almost 10 years lead on you on composite armour, that's why Arjun is so far having more LOS armour. Arjun MK.1 trumps AK and AK-1. ;)

AK-2 will beat Arjun, no doubt about that.

But there is the MK.2 on the trials, and with current photos, the 3D modeller and armour estimate expert I know back on familiar turf estimated that MK.2 adds 200 mm armour to the glacis and turret both on the frontal aspect, he said that around 150 mm could be added on the side, not enough photos to confirm and also that side turret could be augmented by converting storage boxes into armour. :confused:

ERA: Al-Khalid is undeniably ahead since DRDO is getting its first experience of NERA, AK-1 seems to have K-5 like flat blocks. Of course NERA can trump ERA and SLERA trumps linear shaped charges, only if they are developed enough ;)

The arms race is heating up and boy, isn't Chennai's temperature high :D

:tup: to Asia, we Asians are showing our talent in all fields and showing Uncle that they aren't smarter than us :)

Composite armour quality: It's been us so far, Kanchan project is maturing, it is 30 years old now, we have almost 10 years lead on you on composite armour, that's why Arjun is so far having more LOS armour. Arjun MK.1 trumps AK and AK-1. ;)

But there is the MK.2 on the trials, and with current photos, the 3D modeller and armour estimate expert I know back on familiar turf estimated that MK.2 adds 200 mm armour to the glacis and turret both on the frontal aspect, he said that around 150 mm could be added on the side, not enough photos to confirm and also that side turret could be augmented by converting storage boxes into armour. :confused:

ERA: Al-Khalid is undeniably ahead since DRDO is getting its first experience of NERA, AK-1 seems to have K-5 like flat blocks. Of course NERA can trump ERA and SLERA trumps linear shaped charges, only if they are developed enough ;)

:tup: to Asia, we Asians are showing our talent in all fields and showing Uncle that they aren't smarter than us :)

INDEED :tup:

You should try to come to Chennai sometime in May. You get fried if you step out between 11 AM to 2 PM. Fried, even though Chennai's maximum reaches a paltry (when compared to Delhi) 45 degrees, the humidity is in excess of 90% and walking for 10 minutes on the road knocks you out flat for a few hours. Even if you hide in your house, the humidity comes to haunt you :lol:

Uncle is in different league,Make no mistake abt that.
While we are trying ERA and NERA,uncle has now moved on to Electro magnetic reactive armour technology.Now under development.

How it works.
A new technology called electric reactive armour (also known as electromagnetic reactive armour, or colloquially as electric armour) is in development. This armour is made up of two or more conductive plates separated by some space or by an insulating material, creating a high-power capacitor.In operation, a high-voltage power source charges the armour. When an incoming body penetrates the plates, it closes the circuit to discharge the capacitor, dumping a great deal of energy into the penetrator, which may vaporize it or even turn it into a plasma, significantly diffusing the attack. It is not public knowledge whether this is supposed to function against both kinetic energy penetrators and shaped charge jets, or only the latter. This technology has not yet been introduced on any known operational platform.

Plus ammunition like M29A4 And M2A9A5 under development.

You should try to come to Chennai sometime in May. You get fried if you step out between 11 AM to 2 PM. Fried, even though Chennai's maximum reaches a paltry (when compared to Delhi) 45 degrees, the humidity is in excess of 90% and walking for 10 minutes on the road knocks you out flat for a few hours. Even if you hide in your house, the humidity comes to haunt you :lol:

Garmi tou ajj kal saaray Asia main hai Jacobabad and Hyderabad main 50 se bhi zyada hua hai :P

Garmi tou ajj kal saaray Asia main hai Jacobabad and Hyderabad main 50 se bhi zyada hua hai :P

Sorry bhaiyya, I don't know much Hindi. I understood only "garmi" and seeing the 50, I deduced that you say that Hyderabad has a temperature of 50 degrees. But still, Chennai has humidity levels of 90% as average and 97% is recorded at least 10 times a week. So, you sweat and lose so much electrolytes, you are out of fuel within few minutes. Whereas your cities don't have such crazy humidity since they are inland. Chennai is a coastal city but rarely gets sea breeze :lol:

Uncle is in different league,Make no mistake abt that.
While we are trying ERA and NERA,uncle has now moved on to Electro magnetic reactive armour technology.Now under development.

Plus ammunition like M29A4 And M2A9A5 under development.

Electric Reactive armour was thought of by the English, not Uncle. Uncle has bigger R&D base than England though. M829A5 is NOT in development, M829E4 is being developed, when it is inducted, it will be named M829A4, US will change their tank within next 10 years and M1A3 will probably get stuck with M829A4.

Electric Reactive armour is not that practical, requires huge amount of energy which when using APS will fry it with few uses and Engine will probably die in a few days if this reactive armour keeps getting hit, large power source other than these needs huge space, and that is not possible unless people become smaller :P

Just my 2 annas :)

Sorry bhaiyya, I don't know much Hindi. I understood only "garmi" and seeing the 50, I deduced that you say that Hyderabad has a temperature of 50 degrees. But still, Chennai has humidity levels of 90% as average and 97% is recorded at least 10 times a week. So, you sweat and lose so much electrolytes, you are out of fuel within few minutes. Whereas your cities don't have such crazy humidity since they are inland. Chennai is a coastal city but rarely gets sea breeze :lol:

Have fun Then :P

armoured ammunition bins, guess the tank? ;)

34562_465303984828_720144828_6427629_3689693_n.jpg

armoured ammunition bins, guess the tank? ;)

34562_465303984828_720144828_6427629_3689693_n.jpg

Exactly resembles a ready rack. If those are safe against an APFSDS penetration, well, I will change my name. Those are not much safe, Arjun MK-I's turret storage seems to be of this open type but Hull storage seems to have a pressurized storage and special containers.

See Arjun's ready rack:
AKkHI.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom