What's new

Most Dangerous Battle Tanks in Pakistani Service: From Al Khalid I to the T-80

By the way anyone has any idea how many VT 4 Pakistan plans to induct.

By the way anyone has any idea how many VT 4 Pakistan plans to induct.
Almost 320 initially, for 6th armoured div. It is also expected that if AK production doesn't catch up then more may be bought to replace t59/69s

irrelevant -

1. tank combat is a thing of the past

2. tanks offer hardly any advantage to any military planner for the modern battle field

3. syria, iraq, yemen, armenia = the most advanced MBTs were stopped dead in tracks even with primitive ATGMs . the issue here is the massive proliferation of ATGMs and not the systems themselves

4. drones will finish off what an ATGM killer team cant ( ie a tank hiding behing a wall etc) ( as we saw in armenia)

5. india - pakistan defensive lines are criss crossed with ATGM line of fires, ditches, mine fields, more ditches and more minefields.... tanks will be relegated to glorified pill boxes in any future south asian conflict

irrelevant -

1. tank combat is a thing of the past

2. tanks offer hardly any advantage to any military planner for the modern battle field

3. syria, iraq, yemen, armenia = the most advanced MBTs were stopped dead in tracks even with primitive ATGMs . the issue here is the massive proliferation of ATGMs and not the systems themselves

4. drones will finish off what an ATGM killer team cant ( ie a tank hiding behing a wall etc) ( as we saw in armenia)

5. india - pakistan defensive lines are criss crossed with ATGM line of fires, ditches, mine fields, more ditches and more minefields.... tanks will be relegated to glorified pill boxes in any future south asian conflict
Please yar this topic has been discussed to death. Why you people always quote assymetrical conflicts with conventional ones.

Please discuss new features of T85UG i.e upgraded ones,
Type-85 banner Credit-Khizer Mehmood [ec] (1).jpg

They get the engine from the AZ (730 HP).
T-85 always had 730 hp engine, it has not received engine upgrade
Type-85II tank Brochure.jpg

In fact If I am not mistaken it was AZ series which received T-85 engine as part of upgrade package
though ERA is missing on these tanks, I wonder if it can be added
it is optional as shown above in brochure of T-85-IIAP same can be seen below attached pic t the side and front of the turret

photos of testing T-80UD and Type 85 in Thar desert-7[ec].jpg

Recent Azerbaijan Armenia conflict showed drone's supremacy over tanks
And they cost fraction of em

Pak should focus more on these emerging technologies

This also questions the logic of buying a new tank like VT 4

Electronic can be installed in old ones

And even heavy armour can only provide limited protection
And with fast developing munitions
That protection too is degrading

Recent Azerbaijan Armenia conflict showed drone's supremacy over tanks
And they cost fraction of em

Pak should focus more on these emerging technologies

This also questions the logic of buying a new tank like VT 4

Electronic can be installed in old ones

And even heavy armour can only provide limited protection
And with fast developing munitions
That protection too is degrading
We've got another one

1. VT-4

2. AK-1

3. AK

4. Type-85UG

5. T-80UD

6. AZ
T-85 always had 730 hp engine, it has not received engine upgrade
View attachment 708675

In fact If I am not mistaken it was AZ series which received T-85 engine as part of upgrade package

it is optional as shown above in brochure of T-85-IIAP same can be seen below attached pic t the side and front of the turret

View attachment 708679

Type-85III storm 2 during trials with UD with the background.

1. VT-4

2. AK-1

3. AK

4. Type-85UG

5. T-80UD

6. AZ

Type-85III storm 2 during trials with UD with the background.
That means T-80 UDs aren’t in any upgrade programs just overhaul and maintainance.

Back
Top Bottom