What's new

T-80 and T-85 MBTs of Pakistan along with Al Khalid and Al Zarrar

Not quality of the ERA,just the placement of it.
And yes duplet/knife will be similar to kontakt k-5 on T-90s,but not relikt on t-90M.Duplet works on differnt principle though.
Russians have moved even further with kaktus[ERA on object 640 black eagle,now defunct]And armata won't have ERA from w hat i hear it will have NERA.Leopard and arjun future variants also will have NERA.NERA is lighter,can be placed almost everywhere and impervious to tandem warheads.

Again i suggest you ask the same question on tanknet... and u will probably get the same answer tht Duplet is superior than kontakt... but than again Aorak is better than duplet itself.

I have been to IDF and believe me it was a sickening experience.. as for tanknet... ur and keshavs info comes from tht forum? why dont u invite them here?

Which IDF? i n d i a n d e f e n c e or d e f e n c e f o r u m i n d i a ?

Because the first is filled with trolls who don't know much. Most of my info about Chinese tanks comes from a mixture of information posted on Tanknet and otvaga2000 which was reposted on d e f e n c e f o r u m i n d i a. Al-Khalid information comes from Polish army armour analyst and tank design analyst.

Again ur talking about those in context of steel armour,not composite.

Sir DU being denser provides more kinetic energy ... its a "fact"... and unlike tungsten it doesnt form mushroom clouds etc... it penetrates further and burns..

Which IDF? i n d i a n d e f e n c e or d e f e n c e f o r u m i n d i a ?

Because the first is filled with trolls who don't know much. Most of my info about Chinese tanks comes from a mixture of information posted on Tanknet and otvaga2000 which was reposted on d e f e n c e f o r u m i n d i a. Al-Khalid information comes from Polish army armour analyst and tank design analyst.

The forum where kunal biswas,militarysta,damian,lidsky gave good info,drawings and pics.Rest may be trolls.Ur a member ther man.

Sir DU being denser provides more kinetic energy ... its a "fact"... and unlike tungsten it doesnt form mushroom clouds etc... it penetrates further and burns..

Generic statements.Then why are the niaza rounds not superior in penetration to the DRDO tungsten rounds or russian apfsds rounds.Tungsten works well on composite armour.You made those assumption on steel armour only.

Asad Babil wasn't even a tank, but it still had 400 mm+ of cast steel armour on the hull without ERA, more than the underestimate you have posted. But it still was, undeniably, useless.

Any source for it being an upgrade of duplet? Because official Ukrainian sources have stated in 2012 that Nozh, Duplet and derivatives are on use only on T-64BM-Bulat and T-84 "Oplot-M" and T-84 "Yatagan". No mention of Al-Khalid at all. Also, Ukrainian websites are saying that Duplet and Nozh were never exported or design transferred.
Sorry I am wrong about 200mm but it was 300mm in front and just 60 in side armour. it was not 400mm as u mentioned .

Again i suggest you ask the same question on tanknet... and u will probably get the same answer tht Duplet is superior than kontakt... but than again Aorak is better than duplet itself.

First as keshav said,provide any data that it is even related to knife/duplet?Coz ukrainians deny it.
duplet ERA placement looks completely different in t-84 than the al khalid ERA.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

They have made their mind on not believing. All the Documentaries on Hitory And NAt geo about the armour have Completely stated that DU KE round is Best Round to penetrate an armour ... I agree with you However in ranges less than 800m Tungsten is better as DU requires Much distance to gain an velocity and energy.

The problem is with this Dumb internet Sources providing Very Old news Regarding the Tank Al khalid.

You talk like a school boy.

You have no idea bout some how your assumption that Al Khalid is better than T-80UD rests on the fact that Al Khalid was introduced later [like JF-17 introduced later than F-16 makes J-17 better and you might bring in some PAF official claiming such in whatever regard.]

I gave you armor thickness data from fofanov.... do you even know the name since you are alredy being the expert here.

I did not go on Al Khalid armor... In the past several times I have prooved that its armor module has a hallow gap which appears to be as big as 200-300mm hence the actual module has to above 1meter If it has to compare with T-80UD...which is not the case.

armormodule.jpg

ZTZ99 armor module and its compositions similar but little smaller module is used on Type 90II/Al Khalid/MBT2000/MBT3000.

The huge gap is used for bolting the armor in place.... you can see the bolts here.

5poFN.jpg

Try to conter argue using valid points.... It gets boring whith PA said this and Chinese said that.
Ok Uncle Daddy Yankee ...

Read my post I never said it is better Come on check it I said AK 1 is surely better and AK is in many cases is atleast same as T80 UD however avionics in AK are better.

For you information I believe not in ur Fonana whatever his name is And Knowing him doesnt make u think tank. I believe in those who use T80 UD and Al Khalid in their arsenal And They are more impressed with AK So Step aside !

Next Time Try to be nice I can call u too a word or two...

122 mm HEAT is actually quite ineffective. Outdated ammunition.

I would recommend you to search online "Artillery effects studies" conducted by both US and Soviets. I have read the American study but cant fight the link right now. But forget the direct hit of HEAT, even HE explosion of artillery shell in close proximity of tank cause 30% damage to it. And 30% damage is more then enough to make tank ineffective/immobile. Direct hit of even HE knock-out the tank. So if you have any study where it shows that 122mm HEAT is ineffective please do share with us.

Regards

I would recommend you to search online "Artillery effects studies" conducted by both US and Soviets. I have read the American study but cant fight the link right now. But forget the direct hit of HEAT, even HE explosion of artillery shell in close proximity of tank cause 30% damage to it. And 30% damage is more then enough to make tank ineffective/immobile. Direct hit of even HE knock-out the tank. So if you have any study where it shows that 122mm HEAT is ineffective please do share with us.

Regards

I cant remember I read about and Iran Iraq war That Some BLind ARtillery shells Did Disabled few Iraqi tanks And Made them out of action...

Regards

Dude, what do you do for a living ? :what:

How do you people know so much about these things....enough to have actually read studies on it ? :unsure:

Waisee aaaj Lahore mein bohat garmiii haiii ! :undecided:

Dude, what do you do for a living ? :what:

How do you people know so much about these things....enough to have actually read studies on it ? :unsure:

Waisee aaaj Lahore mein bohat garmiii haiii ! :undecided:
@Armstrong bhai kya karain garmi mai aur kya kiya ja sakta hy sawai parhne ke ? :smart:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Armstrong bhai kya karain garmi mai aur kya kiya ja sakta hy sawai parhne ke ? :smart:

Bhai mein neiii garmaa garaam tikaaa la kar rakhaa thaaa aur saaath hiii power chaliii gaiii.....itnii garmiii mein tou ubbb tikkei ke taraf deekhneiii ko dil nahin kar rahaa tou khanaa doooor ki baaat ! :cray:

But nahin seriously you guys are you into Engineering & stuff ? :what:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom