What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Do u guys have Apache in Kara Kuvvetleri????

NO. But Greece was one of the first Nato members who got Apache's. Turkey mad big mistakes in the past. Some stupid commanders even refused delivery of second hand A-10's from the USA. I admire sometimes vision of Greece staff which bought AH-64, operated long range CAS A-7 corsairs and even bought Russian AD systems or French interceptors long ago.

What was the rationale for choosing she over ah64??
NO. But Greece was one of the first Nato members who got Apache's. Turkey mad big mistakes in the past. Some stupid commanders even refused delivery of second hand A-10's from the USA. I admire sometimes vision of Greece staff which bought AH-64, operated long range CAS A-7 corsairs and even bought Russian AD systems or French interceptors long ago.

Someone got worried that the pilot is wasting a few bullets brought with the taxes of the poor people who can't afford to buy bread... yet I'm a 100% sure he worships the same people who are directly responsible for the fact that many can't afford food. The same people who were hiding millions of dollars in shoe boxes, who are all riding ultra expensive Mercedes Benz cars, wearing ultra expensive swiss watches, who have businesses abroad and who have God knows how many bank accounts in Switzerland, Panama or the Bahamas filled with millions and billions of tax payers's money. :D

Other than that, Fenasi said it well.

T-129 is great but we need to prioritize the use of IHAs and SIHAs for two important reasons:
  • Cheaper to produce and fly (more expandable)
  • Doesn't risk pilots' lives

T-129 is great but we need to prioritize the use of IHAs and SIHAs for two important reasons:

I hope that there is some surprise in the pipe. VTOL UAV's, for example.

I hope that there is some surprise in the pipe. VTOL UAV's, for example.

Yeah, absolutely. I vaguely remember a pretty sizable helicopter-like UAV from either Aselsan or TAI from a few years ago but I don't know if it's ever been serial produced or mounted with weapons. Probably a good idea given the horrible terrain in the SE and their hovering capability.

The UAVs that we are having now dont have the firepower of one T129. Its 20mm cannon is precious.

A gunship is going to be even more expensive to operate. Yes, its firepower will surpass that of UAVs and T-129, but we should ask ourselves this question: Does the PKK ever concentrate so many terrorists and equipment in one spot that'd make it cost-effective for a gunship mission?

It'd hurt us a lot more to get a gunship with a large crew shut down versus a UAV with no crew.

Yes, the cannon on the T-129 is very useful and yes, UAVs don't have cannons. But we can close that gap by producing and flying a lot more of them with Cirits and other short-range precision bombs with fragmentation warheads. We can also likely introduce an UAV armed with a cannon, if we really wanted to.

Look. The point should be to take the PKK scum out without risking the life of even a single Turkish soldier. PKK commanders themselves have started talking about how frustrating it is to get killed without having a target to shoot back at. It's making recruitment very hard for them.

Since we can suppress the PKK very effectively AND very economically with UAVs, we should emphasize that more. I'm not saying that we should completely abandon using T-129s, they certainly have their use. All I'm really saying is that we should prioritize UAV development, production and fielding for anti-terror operations.

Silahl%C4%B1-Anka.jpg

belli-oldu-iste-yerli-ihanin-ilk-gorev-yeri-h1462016695-66b310.jpg

All things considered, our counter-PKK operations should constitute about 60% UAV usage, 30% T-129 and 10% land forces/troops on the ground reserved for only the most critical missions and clean ups. This will make it very effective and very economical. A sustained system that risks little or no Turkish lives will demoralize the PKK leadership and bring their end sooner.

When the HDP is whining about our use of UAVs so much, that only means that it must be working!

Back
Top Bottom