What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

@TOPGUN trmilitary

300T will not be replaced with CATS, why:

300T görüşü engellemiyor, çünkü havada, yerdeki gibi durmuyor, öne eğik gidiyor. Keza zaten öndeki pilot silahçı, arka hakimde oturan pilot sürücü. E zaten öndeki nişancının esas ihtiyacı o Flir'in MFD'deki görüntüsü. Kesinlikle Aselflir-300 performans, ağırlık veya büyüklüğünden hiçbir şikayet yok şu an. Ayrıca, Aselsan'daki CATS geliştiren ekip, bende değişim düşünülürmü diye sorduğumda; Aselflir-300'ün 8-12mw özelliğinin bu platform için daha uygun olduğunu, muharebe ortamının tozu bulutu içinde daha yüksek performans verdiğini belirtti. 3-5mw iyi, hafif, kompakt, güzel ama performans daha ideal şartlara göre uygun. Yere yakın uçan bir savaş helosuna göre değil...

The 300T does not hinder the vision, because it does not stop like in the air, on the ground, it leans forward. Likewise, the pilot in front is the pilot, the pilot who sits in the back. E is the image of Flir's MFD that he really needs in front of the shovel. Certainly the Aselflir-300 has no complaints about performance, weight or size at the moment. Also, the CATS development team at Aselsan asked me if I would consider change; The fact that the Aselflir-300's 8-12mW feature is better suited for this platform, indicated that the battlefield is performing better in the cloudy dust. 3-5mW is good, light, compact, nice, but performance is more suitable for ideal conditions. It's not a battle helicopter flying near you ...

I've read a few scientific publications into this, they've all mentioned MW IR band as being superior to LW IR band in all atmospheric conditions. If we look at all the equipment that is being used and developed for aerial platforms they are mostly in MW IR band - So something is fishy with your explanation - I would say it is more for economic reasons rather then best performance.

As for the sensor, Scanning Array on 300T vs Starring Array on CATS

300T - 576i (interlaced so resolution is more like 288 pixels)
CATS - 512p

Last edited:
I've read a few scientific publications into this, they've all mentioned MW IR band as being superior to LW IR band in all atmospheric conditions. If we look at all the equipment that is being used and developed for aerial platforms they are mostly in MW IR band - So something is fishy with your explanation - I would say it is more for economic reasons rather then best performance.

As for the sensor, Scanning Array on 300T vs Starring Array on CATS

300T - 576i (interlaced so resolution is more like 288 pixels)
CATS - 512p

Actually this kind of band selections are not just limited with sources and receptor technologies, if you are far away from the light source your visual capabilities are limited with absorbtion of that wavelenght band.

There are many molecules at the air but there are few molecules that absorb IR bands and exist high percentage at air to affect visual capabilities.

These are basicly H2O, CO2, O2 and CH4. These little friends all have diffirent spectral properties which makes them absorb diffirent wavelenghts. When air is not capable of absorbing enough energy and lets light pass we call them electromagnetic windows. There are windows for IR but not just IR; this works for all spectrum. (example: Hard X rays are not absorbed in air too much but soft xrays are absorbed and not effective even at a few meters.)

For IR spectrum I have found a few images to explain you this better:

absorptivity.png

Image above shows various molecules absorbing diffirent wavelenghts. I have added this graph to show you how diffirent gases absorb diffirent wavelenghts. Then we add them by their percentage in a single graph and we get a relatively acccurate prediction for how much light will get absorbed in a distance. This is not a quality graph but useful. Higher is more absorbtion, lower is more transmission.

atmos_nirtran.png

This is another detailed grapsh for wavelenghts between 1-5.5 microns. (1000-5500 nm)
Higher is better transmission, lower is more absorbtion.

As you can see some bandwiths are not usable for long range applications.

For detection use I can say that:

If your target emits radiation at abdn of 2-3 microns as you can see using 2.6 microns for detection is not a good idea. May be you can detect it at 60 meters but it is really hard to detect at 600 meters. So using 2.2 microns will be more useful for you because athmosphere do not absorb it too much.

And there are additional problems for IR detection. Everything emits light, higher the temperature it will emit shorther wavelenghts. This includes earth and sun too. (sun is a little diffirent though) But there is a noise problem. At some wavelenghts these sources makes it harder to detect and diffirantiate the light from the target source. So, this noise problem effects detector choises and designs.

This brings us to a point. There is no better bandwith for IR detection. There is jsut better IR detectors, better wavelenghts for detection for diffirent scenarios. That depends on:

- Detector's own enviroment
- Target's enviroment
- Medium between target and detector
- Type of target (amount of heat it produces etc.)
- Enviromental noise

According to these variables you have diffirent "better working wavelenghts"

At the 0.24 mark of the video, it says T-130 Atak 2, are those renders real? Or just fan made?
The first time I see it, but it makes me doubt it's authenticity, because I'm sure it would've been posted on this on this forum before if it was official right?

I think any deal with Pakistan would be near impossible for some time .... due to domestic issues, hopefully we might have good news in this regards after few months

This is possibly if Pakistan wants to build serial production line in their country. There is no way for T-129 to be $50million each if there is no production line construction.
You are forgetting other side products when you buy such military vehicles.

Back
Top Bottom