What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Maybe we will see up to 2020 Dubai a four fan equipped VTOL Drone with closed cargo space for 500 kg (various payload) and 300 km range with Turkish input. I will later post a symbolic pic.

Maybe we will see up to 2020 Dubai a four fan equipped VTOL Drone with closed cargo space for 500 kg (various payload) and 300 km range with Turkish input. I will later post a symbolic pic.

That'd be a dream coming true @ATALAY

A drone carrying 500 kg of payload AND capable of hovering would be extremely useful in anti-terror operations in the SE. The bad terrain is a huge handicap for our land forces. Drones/UAVs overcome that very effectively and economically. T-129 does it very effectively too but not as economically as UAVs. Not to mention the risk of losing 2 pilots.

Now :

@Vord

Theoretical projection of a 4 fan VTOL - UAV, all other is classified but already in the pipeline in Turkey .;)

500 kg hidden payload and 300 km range on misssion, dual use civil and defense.

upload_2017-9-15_18-28-16.png

Now :

@Vord

Theoretical projection of a 4 fan VTOL - UAV, all other is classified but already in the pipeline in Turkey .;)

500 kg hidden payload and 300 km range on misssion, dual use civil and defense.

View attachment 425496

That's good news but no battery-operated drone can carry a payload of 500 kg for 3-4 hours. It has to have gas-powered engines and likely has to carry SATCOM, FLIR/laser designator and CM/ECM, not to mention the fuel/gas it needs to fly the mission, which together will take up at least half the usable payload capacity.

That's good news but no battery-operated drone can carry a payload of 500 kg for 3-4 hours. It has to have gas-powered engines and likely has to carry SATCOM, FLIR/laser designator and CM/ECM, not to mention the fuel/gas it needs to fly the mission, which together will take up at least half the usable payload capacity.

Not battery operated, did I wrote it? It is the concept for a global platform , PDF only !

Only a pic from me to make you your own imagine.

They will suprise you. I hope Insallah they will succeed.
Selcuk B. talked about visions 2002 already. It will presented in October 2017 :azn:

2-Kopie.png

3-Kopie2.png

4.png

Last edited:
Oh damn! Wow. I had no idea. Yeah, that looks outstanding @ATALAY
Thanks for the share!

Now is enough and lets wait.

Türkiye is breaking chains . Maybe thats the reason for so great hostility.
The professor and his team died suddenly within 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Last edited:
A gunship is going to be even more expensive to operate. Yes, its firepower will surpass that of UAVs and T-129, but we should ask ourselves this question: Does the PKK ever concentrate so many terrorists and equipment in one spot that'd make it cost-effective for a gunship mission?

It'd hurt us a lot more to get a gunship with a large crew shut down versus a UAV with no crew.

Yes, the cannon on the T-129 is very useful and yes, UAVs don't have cannons. But we can close that gap by producing and flying a lot more of them with Cirits and other short-range precision bombs with fragmentation warheads. We can also likely introduce an UAV armed with a cannon, if we really wanted to.

Look. The point should be to take the PKK scum out without risking the life of even a single Turkish soldier. PKK commanders themselves have started talking about how frustrating it is to get killed without having a target to shoot back at. It's making recruitment very hard for them.

Since we can suppress the PKK very effectively AND very economically with UAVs, we should emphasize that more. I'm not saying that we should completely abandon using T-129s, they certainly have their use. All I'm really saying is that we should prioritize UAV development, production and fielding for anti-terror operations.

Silahl%C4%B1-Anka.jpg

belli-oldu-iste-yerli-ihanin-ilk-gorev-yeri-h1462016695-66b310.jpg

All things considered, our counter-PKK operations should constitute about 60% UAV usage, 30% T-129 and 10% land forces/troops on the ground reserved for only the most critical missions and clean ups. This will make it very effective and very economical. A sustained system that risks little or no Turkish lives will demoralize the PKK leadership and bring their end sooner.

When the HDP is whining about our use of UAVs so much, that only means that it must be working!
Agree to every word.We need ANKA-TP as soon as possible that will be true nightmare for PKK thanks to its payload capacity.

Agree to every word.We need ANKA-TP as soon as possible that will be true nightmare for PKK thanks to its payload capacity.
Even the normal armed ANKA can make them shit. Can you imagine 2xMam L with 10 kg warhead (Hellfire have 8-9kg) + 4xCirit thermobaric guided rockets with 8 km range. Thats good amount of power for a MALE.

Even the normal armed ANKA can make them shit. Can you imagine 2xMam L with 10 kg warhead (Hellfire have 8-9kg) + 4xCirit thermobaric guided rockets with 8 km range. Thats good amount of power for a MALE.
Why do we need cirit against terrorists? Especially four of it? Cirit is aimed at lightly armored vehicles which PKK doesn't have. We should be loading more Mam L.

Why do we need cirit against terrorists? Especially four of it? Cirit is aimed at lightly armored vehicles which PKK doesn't have. We should be loading more Mam L.

It's against light armored vehicles and soft targets (humans). Are you sure about the none-vehicles of pkk/ypg?

Back
Top Bottom