What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Roketsan developed the Cirit semi active laser guided missile to ease the workload of T-129 Atak in this difficult operation areas. Atak helicopter will easily destroy the targets with a range from max. 8km without risking itself to dive the dangerous canyons/caves...Cirit is in serial production phase at present...

Last edited by a moderator:
To realize How difficult area Turkey is fighting against PKK, Watch this operation video please... It is almost impossible to approach the terorists with passing rocky and hilly canyons seperated with rivers. Soldiers are firing the bullets from mountain to mountain. That's why Atak helicopters have to provide one of the best hot-high performance in its class...

I understand your point, mate.

We had a similar problem in 1999 Kargil war when Mi-35s couldn't scale Drass sector's altitude and armed Mi-17s couldn't manage.

Thanks for the video. All the best to Turkey and I hope they eliminate the terrorists.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is service ceiling how high it could go? Because the t-129 was very high compared to rivals if I can remember correctly.

Is service ceiling how high it could go? Because the t-129 was very high compared to rivals if I can remember correctly.

That's right. Ceiling height refers to the maximum vertical distance an aircraft or helicopter can fly at.

This comparison pic is 2-3 years old so all the specs may not be the same here but it is to give you an idea:

LCH_COMPARISON.JPG

Max. Altitudes:

T-129 Atak:
-6096m

atak-slide-image.png

AH-1W SuperCobra:
(Turkish and USA army's attack helicopter. Both Army enjoys the performance of W Cobra's in operation zones)
-5703m

AH-1Z KingCobra:
-6100m

Eurocopter Tiger HAP:
-4000m +/-

Agusta A-129
-4725m

Heavy class Attack Helicopters:

AH-64 Apache
-6400m

Denel Rooivalk
-6100m

Kamov Ka-52
-5500m

Mi-24
-4500m

Mi-28N Havoc
-5700m

Roketsan UMTAS-L (Laser Guided)

ScreenShot003-6.jpg
ScreenShot006-4.jpg
ScreenShot002-8.jpg
ScreenShot005-4.jpg
ScreenShot007-3.jpg
ScreenShot004-6.jpg

At present, Roketsan developed two UMTAS AT Missile variant.

UMTAS-L (Laser Guided)
UMTAS-IIR (IIR Guided)

t-129atakww.jpg

Bayar told that 3 T-129 where finished ready for use and 3 where at the assembly lines currently at TAI.
4 T-129 where to be delivered to TAF at the end of 2012 and than every month a chopper.

I think the best Hel for fighting terrorists is MD Helicopters MD 500, effective and lethal, extreme maneuverability and agility, fast. Jordan considered replasing it's fleet of AH-1 W with them:
Turkish Police and paramilitary units have MD-500 style light rotary-wing aircraft along with Sikorsky S70s but i don't think they can replace AH1Ws of the Army.

Max. Altitudes:

T-129 Atak:
-6096m

atak-slide-image.png

AH-1W SuperCobra:
(Turkish and USA army's attack helicopter. Both Army enjoys the performance of W Cobra's in operation zones)
-5703m

AH-1Z KingCobra:
-6100m

Eurocopter Tiger HAP:
-4000m +/-

Agusta A-129
-4725m

Heavy class Attack Helicopters:

AH-64 Apache
-6400m

Denel Rooivalk
-6100m

Kamov Ka-52
-5500m

Mi-24
-4500m

Mi-28N Havoc
-5700m

Actually, LCH has a higher ceiling height of 22,200 feet because the main idea of such a high ceiling was to be able to give CAS to troops in the himalayan region where the chances of a war in our area are extremely high.

However, I agree that T-129 ATAK will be have the highest ceiling capabilities wielded by any western helicopter.

Turkish Police and paramilitary units have MD-500 style light rotary-wing aircraft along with Sikorsky S70s but i don't think they can replace AH1Ws of the Army.

Have you watched the video? those Hells were basically made to counter PPK style of rebels. It's carry formidable (relatively) amount of power, extreme agility and maneuverability. As for the army, I think it can accomplish the missions T-129 ATAK can do, but since it's home-made of course it is the best choice made.

Back
Top Bottom