What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Hi to everyone i have a question about engines. We are buying engines from US. Same issue with TF-X project too. I am reading articles and defence forums most of them saying an engine will cost 40 billion. Here is the question why a jet engine costs 40 Billion i really need a logical explanation. US companies may say 40 eventually they are private companies if they raise the prize they will get more from their goverment. But we are talking about 40 Billion dolars.

Hi to everyone i have a question about engines. We are buying engines from US. Same issue with TF-X project too. I am reading articles and defence forums most of them saying an engine will cost 40 billion. Here is the question why a jet engine costs 40 Billion i really need a logical explanation. US companies may say 40 eventually they are private companies if they raise the prize they will get more from their goverment. But we are talking about 40 Billion dolars.

An engine will cost 40 Billion ? Or are you trying to say developing an jet engine (Turbofan) will cost 40 Billion ?

Developing an engine from scratch,yes.

An engine will cost 40 Billion ? Or are you trying to say developing an jet engine (Turbofan) will cost 40 Billion ?
Actually talking about TF-X engine
Developing an engine from scratch,yes.
Ok if yes why? i am seeing jet engines flying every 45 seconds over me. It is already known and developed technology. We are not talking about cold fusion reactor or anti matter powered engine research cost. We are talking about 40 Billion dolars. I am start to think this is fary tale. Jet for companies trying to prevent their market and stealing from their goverments lol

Its very difficult to develope a jet engine,only a handfull countries can.(US,Russia,GB,France,Japan).
The technology needed is very complecated,you cannot just reverse engineer it.
Look at the Chinese,they are developing a new jet engine for years now.
It still doesnt work properly.
Maybe @cabatli_53 can help out.

Its very difficult to develope a jet engine,only a handfull countries can.(US,Russia,GB,France,Japan).
The technology needed is very complecated,you cannot just reverse engineer it.
Look at the Chinese,they are developing a new jet engine for years now.
It still doesnt work properly.
Maybe @cabatli_53 can help out.

I can add to what brother T-123456 said; even Sweden, who develops and produces her own fighter jets as a decades old "tradition", imports the engines from GM (USA).

I can add to what brother T-123456 said; even Sweden, who develops and produces her own fighter jets as a decades old "tradition", imports the engines from GM (USA).
My friend i am totally agree with you i am not saying it is cheap. Without engines defence industry will never boost economy and more important defence industry will always be depended. I am reading some US articles about TF-X they are saying 40 Billion dolars. But this price really doent seen me logical. With old Turkish lira 80 katrilyon. I am really curious why. Ok Probably none of us Manager of defence industry but price really high. ( dayanamadım hocam 80 katrilyon kusura bakmayın ohandaaa. Yiyor bu herifler bizi insanların kafasında yapılamaz bariyeri oluşturmak için yada bana öyle geliyor :) )

My friend i am totally agree with you i am not saying it is cheap. Without engines defence industry will never boost economy and more important defence industry will always be depended. I am reading some US articles about TF-X they are saying 40 Billion dolars. But this price really doent seen me logical. With old Turkish lira 80 katrilyon. I am really curious why. Ok Probably none of us Manager of defence industry but price really high. ( dayanamadım hocam 80 katrilyon kusura bakmayın ohandaaa. Yiyor bu herifler bizi insanların kafasında yapılamaz bariyeri oluşturmak için yada bana öyle geliyor :) )
Why do you think there are only 3/4 countries that can produce an engine(jet)?
Mostly because of the costs,if it was easy there would be more countries with an indigenous engine.

the cost of developing f135 engine, powering F-35 is approximately $9 billion. mind that it's official numbers. and US has a culture, long history and huge R&D experience in making jet engines. it's estimated that china's jet engine development efforts will cost her around $25-30 billions. so $40 billion isn't that unexpected.

I read somewere that first serial produced T-129 will enter in Service November 2013, but as far I know there is no serial Produced T-129 entered in Service ! Are there some Delays ?

2rg563te.jpg

Back
Top Bottom