What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

I think both are nice and good to have. In support of ground forces or missions the bigger caliber which weights more has more punching power. Atak being light weight (current version) the choice of 20 mm isn't bad especially if there is a clear difference with regards to range of engagement.

Do you think Apache is more lethal than Atak1 because of 30 caliber gun?
Apache 's superioty over other helis comes from its heavier armour, more advanced sensors and additional radar, more ammunition and missile capacity, more range.

Comparing current atak with apache I can't see any big differences. Both helicopters have a radar, advanced sensors and avionics, advanced missiles , lethal cannons, powerful engines. If you compare apache against cobra I would agree with you. But current Atak is as lethal as apache. Apache doesn't happen better helicopter than Atak1, due-to having 30x112 mm caliber.
Difference between Atak 1with 2 can be long range mission capability, more ammo and missile capacity and heavy armour.

At least you all can read in English there are huge amount of information about comparison of 20x102mm between 30x113mm. 20mm bullet has more velocity thus more penetration. There are no big difference between them.
https://www.military.com/video/aircraft/helicopters/us-apache-german-tiger-helicopters/4876617333001
Even though German Tiger helis don't have any main cannon. There is an Optional 20mm gun underpods.

Last edited:
Meteksan marketing manager Mr. Burak gave some details anout Mildar to be placed on Heavy class attack helicopters.

2..jpg

It is proved with field trials that MilDar MMW radar performs way better than US Longbow radar in terms of range, multi target tracking capabilities. Mildar is lighter and smaller than Longbow as well.

helikopter-mildar-atis-kontrol-radari_1_1516280453.jpg

Mildar will provide many advantages to heavy weight attack helicopter with its superior performance in bad weather conditions. It will help pilots to direct electro-optic systems to the targets without spotting target with naked eye to gain valuable time for target engagement. Providing situational awareness on low altitude and bad visibility conditions are other operational advantages heavy attack helicopter will gain.

B5D6F5A9-7CBD-4C34-8685-01417050898B.png

Meteksan marketing manager Mr. Burak gave some details anout Mildar to be placed on Heavy class attack helicopters.

2..jpg

It is proved with field trials that MilDar MMW radar performs way better than US Longbow radar in terms of range, multi target tracking capabilities. Mildar is lighter and smaller than Longbow as well.

Mildar will provide many advantages to heavy weight attack helicopter with its superior performance in bad weather conditions. It will help pilots to direct electro-optic systems to the targets without spotting target with naked eye to gain valuable time for target engagement. Providing situational awareness on low altitude and bad visibility conditions are other operational advantages heavy attack helicopter will gain.

View attachment 541542

PAA is very interested in this Heli and will be looking to join this project.

PAA is very interested in this Heli and will be looking to join this project.

Bro, It is expressed that Turkey is negotiating with a few country for likely partnership for this helicopters. When they reached solid results, they will announce it to public. I really want to see Pakistani flag on huge body of this helicopter. After T-129 Atak helicopters delivered to Pakistan, I believe Pakistan will proceed to meet gunship requirement from same family not to create a logistic nightmare so joining into this heli program is the most logical choice...

Bro, It is expressed that Turkey is negotiating with a few country for likely partnership for this helicopters. When they reached solid results, they will announce it to public. I really want to see Pakistani flag on huge body of this helicopter. After T-129 Atak helicopters delivered to Pakistan, I believe Pakistan will proceed to meet gunship requirement from same family not to create a logistic nightmare so joining into this heli program is the most logical choice...

Brother we are so proud of this Turkish achievement, and to us it as if it is a Pakistani project.

I read somewhere more ammunitions to come for this heavy chopter but i cant find the source. What can they be?

Longer range capable anti-tank missiles?
Indigenious air to air missiles?
Maybe an upgraded cirit?

Anyone can speculate?

I read somewhere more ammunitions to come for this heavy chopter but i cant find the source. What can they be?

Longer range capable anti-tank missiles?
Indigenious air to air missiles?
Maybe an upgraded cirit?

Anyone can speculate?

Naval variant to be stationed on LHD’s will most likely use Temren blk1 and blk2 anti-ship guided missiles. Blk2 variant will have a range more than 50km If last reports are true. Striking paths of Temren missiles are to stay out of RAM like missiles’ effective range while targetting the enemy naval assets.

Naval variant to be stationed on LHD’s will most likely use Temren blk1 and blk2 anti-ship guided missiles. Blk2 variant will have a range more than 50km If last reports are true. Striking paths of Temren missiles are to stay out of RAM like missiles’ effective range while targetting the enemy naval assets.

Hmm. I forgot the naval version. Temren is one of the few projects i long for, along with Gezgin. Hope to see them in IDEF19.

@SİLAHDAR mentioned UMTAS or L-UMTAS achieved a range of 12kms in this forum. Maybe we can see them on the chopter hopefully.

2..jpg

View attachment 541542

Is it just me, or does it seem like they have incorporated several design elements to reduce RCS?

Is it just me, or does it seem like they have incorporated several design elements to reduce RCS?

(Seems a bit so) ish. But how much could be reduced with that big rotor and weapons, questionable.

Not related but after all these projects get matured enough, will we see a project like Ka-52 Alligator or tiltrotor? Wishful thinking only.

Nope, don’t forget that if your platform has roting pals than it is not stealthy. Same principal also applies to UAVs.

Back
Top Bottom