What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

I wasn't aware that we were working on a heavy combat helicopter other than the Atak-II. What phase are we in ?

D0AZthyWwAAHTIS.jpg

Source: twitter.com/miguyan2000

I wasn't aware that we were working on a heavy combat helicopter other than the Atak-II. What phase are we in ?

I think this is the Atak-II. It closely resembles the first Atak yet is bigger in every way. If they keep this design it will likely be called Atak-II. However if they drastically change the cockpit design it could have a completely different. This is because the tandem setup of the Atak is what makes it look distinctive. If they choose to change the look or layout of the cockpit/s then it will likely have another name.

I think this is the Atak-II. It closely resembles the first Atak yet is bigger in every way. If they keep this design it will likely be called Atak-II. However if they drastically change the cockpit design it could have a completely different. This is because the tandem setup of the Atak is what makes it look distinctive. If they choose to change the look or layout of the cockpit/s then it will likely have another name.

View attachment 541027

Source: twitter.com/miguyan2000

I could understand if we produce upgraded version of ATAK with same weight and call it ATAK-2, but this is something different. I don't like the idea to call him ATAK-2. It sounds like the newer model of a old-fashion car model. Yes it's newer and upgraded, bigger but they are totally in different class as for weight. This name shadows the ATAK which is a good one in its class imho.

TAI have the original Atak 2 design on their website. So I guess he could be right. If they add a heavy attack helicopter to their future aircraft section then I guess that is full confirmation. For some reason I feel as if we will cancel the original Atak 2 and focus all resources on the new heavy attack helicopter project. I hope we make both though.

Brother, It is almost impossivle to catch the speed of Turkish defense industry so Sorry to mixing the programs. Attention to SSB announcements now!

Atak-II and Heavy Class Attack helicopter programs are totally different and commenced in different times. It seems Italy wants to join into Atak-2 and We may predict that Atak-2 will have a MtOW around 6-8t, while Heavy class will have 10t MtOW...

I think Atak-2 is not a heavy class helicopter. İt's a predicted version of atak-1 . Because we just modified the a-129 mangusta in atak-1 project. Flir pozitions and new e/o equipments and foreign engine gives that chopper a many disavantages.And also we pay the agusta for all atak-1 products. I think atak-2 just fix this problems and he will come behalf of atak-1 . After the atak-2 tai not produce and sell atak- 1 on the other hand atak-2 is will use same parts with t-625 and t-625 not a heavy general propose helicopter.

New heavy attack helicopter is a new product. And he will probaply use same parts with new 10 tonnes heavy attack helicopter.

In last condition,

Atak-II
  • Gökbey transmission, rotor and national engine, new designed nose section and CATS FLIR establishment, embedded EW sensors and longer fuselage, 20mm gatling gun, around 6t MTOW
atak-2-urun-gorseli.png

Heavy class
  • 12t utility helicopter transmission, rotor and 2000+ shp turboshaft engine, same nose section, wider/longer fuselage, heavier weapın payload, 30mm canon, 3 station on each wing.
980399C0-CAB7-480F-824C-97CDA204F4A5.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom